House Oaren

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecanary

Keara sat in the reception room waiting for Cousin Druma, just as she had done 8 months ago. When she first knocked on the door of the house of her mother's distant cousins, Keara was extremely nervous; this time she felt more at ease. Druma's home had become her second home.

After a few minutes there was a gentle knock on the door and in walked her sister Jilur. Jumping to her feet, Keara ran over and gave her a big hug. "Jilur, what are you doing here? Is Mikken here too? How's mother? What news of home? How are the last batch of foals doing? Oh I've missed ..."

Smiling broadly, Jilur untangled herself from her younger sister. "Keara...Keara...slow down...s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. I have much to tell you. Lots has changed. Come sit and I'll tell you all about it."

The two sisters sat for next few hours talking and crying, eating and drinking. Keara learned that Jilur's husband Mikken had died and she had suffered terribly. Finally the family decided to send her to Calenhelm and that's where Jilur discovered her talent for the celestial arts.

"I have one more piece of information for you Keara. We received reliable word that our teacher Straul Robsen, the one you've been searching for, has also past away. Father has asked that you go and retrieve his body and bring him home. Bayswater is where he should spend his eternity."

Keara lowered her head to her hands once more and began to cry. She cried from sadness, frustration and exhaustion. All the months of traveling and searching, the side trips to Parson's Breach, the possible death of the King, her own illness, and now to discover it was all for nothing - that the man she searched for was dead.

"I can't go. I must return to Parson's Breach. Our King and our realm need me. We need more than just me. The undead hordes just keep coming. We need an army to defeat them. Every one of us has a responsibility to help. I can't go off on Father's errand to return Straul's bones to Bayswater." Keara was angry and Jilur just sat there calmly, her hands resting in her lap. "Why don't you go and do it?"

"Father placed this burden on you sister. I will go to Parson's Breach in your place. Your's is an important duty that must be completed. Master Robsen must be given the proper burial rights." Jilur kneeled before her sister and took her hand in hers. "You loved him Keara. We all did. Please do this for all of us. I will be able to focus on my duties in Parons' Breach knowing that you are doing this for our family."

Keara's shoulders slumped and Jilur knew her sister had capitulated. "Thank you sister. I will report to the Sanctum in the morning and see what needs to be done. Cousin Druma will supply everything you need for your journey. Why don't you go wash up and I'll see you at dinner in a few minutes."

=======================================
OOG: A new toon for me!

The next day Jilur returns to her studies at the Conclave and informs her teacher that she is to travel to Parson's Breach on behalf of her sister. Several days pass before she is given word that all those who wish to travel to the Breach must be ready to leave at first light the next day. Jilur and Keara enjoy a long supper that night and talk of many things but neither woman talk of the future.

"Keara I'm woefully unprepared for this journey. I have no armor, a borrowed staff and barely enough spells to hurt a goblin, let alone an army of undead" Jilur lamented.

"Sister you will do fine. The people you travel with are good and loyal people. You have the names of the people I trust. Seek them out and you will be fine." Keara gave her older sister a hug. "Now go to sleep, you have a big day ahead of you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back