How do you want your character's career to end?

There's a couple of ways to answer this, I guess. From an OOG perspective, as long as the death is "clean" and also not because of some derpy move (like not checking a life count, etc.) I'm ok with any death, even ending in perming. In fact, I think RP'ing deaths, especially with a perming, is one of the best parts of this game.

With my first PC, Selina Vardik, I walked around for years by myself, totally expecting to die, and somehow ended up only rezzing once (mod death - I'm not good at jumping over lava....). Eventually I felt that her racial plot and the people who also played biata had changed to the point where I could no longer really play in that sandbox without it compromising how I played her as a character. Unfortunately, as she was completely dedicated to her race (even tho' she hated most of them - hey, she was complicated, what can I say) I couldn't retire her, per se, because yes, if anything threatened their existence, she'd be all over that with a bunch of gasses and a polearm. I even went to the point where I asked people at monster desk to send out NPC's as KBA only on her. Finally, she was able to "be turned over to plot" and I got her to disappear as part of the finale of the Arch Plot (aka Thessi plot 1, lol). As it turned out, it was probably most the most satisfying and epic ending for her I could have ever dreamed of, and allowed me to have her bow out of the world without betraying her need to protect her race. (Technically, I think she was sucked into the homestone somehow and I don't even know if she's "really" dead, which I guess makes her in the NPC realm, but I'm happy with her just being permed.)

From an IG perspective, and specifically with Mouse, I can't really say she has a goal or if there's a point where she'd achieve something and then said "ok, I'm good with going now." Her main thing is collecting stories and seeing sites. Part of her feels dead already, actually. Mouse would be fine with dying however it happened.

Now, for Kathy, as the narcissistic one in this dual personality- what I would love to happen is that she dies in some impactful way, but mostly for someone(s) to be able to tell some great story with her as the main, rather than side character. Kinda the icing on her story cake, so to speak, especially since I deliberately play her as not wanting to be in the spotlight.

For Ashok, I will retire him when I feel that he is ready to return to be a productive member of his society. I didn't start him with a planned story arc, but as I've played him, I have come to see his story as a bildungsroman. So if he is to die, I would prefer that he die in a way that is consistent with the lessons he's learned since entering play. If he were to perm differently than that, it would be unfortunate, but that's the game we play. I would hope that it would generate some good RP for others, and I think that any way it ends his story has been awesome.
Probably with excessive amounts of necromancy, that jerk.

If you'd like to know exactly what lessons he has learned so far, feel free to FOIG. ;) I can neither confirm nor deny that one of those lessons is "Necromancy is super awesome, especially when used against uppity Raccoon-kin." :p

Depends upon the character. Wolf-kyn - in his bar with family around of old age. Dwarf - gloriously giving himself for the greater good of king, clan and family.

Back