How much would you pay to have a faire evening in a castle?

Ok, everyone,

So I'm thinking about planning this winter revel thing, and I can rent a full size, actual castle, but I need to know how much people would pay, and if they would even come, to have what amounts to being a three hour long town sized module.

We would need to raise $2000, because I'll pay $1000 out of my own pocket.

Let's assume that all players also get the following, to sweeten the deal:

Each player gets a number of gobbies for attending, 100 – 200, not sure how much yet.

You get a faire day blanket and a free monthly blanket

Everyone gets a random magic item. Roughly half of the items are restricted.

This is currently only in the hypothetical.

Lastly, the more people who come, the cheaper it gets. So, for example, let's say we charged $40, but instead of 50 players, which is what we would need to cover costs at that price, we got 70. Then we would refund everyone $12. So, if 80 people came it would only cost each person $25.

There would also be a dinner, and we could cover the cost of that.

The castle is in MA, north of Boston.

Give me your feedback.

PS. Yes, there is a dungeon.

I would shell out up to $70 for this kind of an event (taking into account that I also have to shell out cash for the trip/lodging, coming from new jersey and all).

I would also see how many people I could throw in my car to go play in a castle. Cuz it would be freakin' sweet.

I endorse this plan!

-Ali

i agree with ali
i would so do the same thing.
and i think it would be fooking amazing!!
i toured castles in germany before and even attended a festival at one of them which was really cool.

i mean i love the kingston site mostly because we get to run around the fort, which i still say if we rent a few flat bed trucks, we could so cut that into sections and take it back to the claremont site.. im just saying is all :lol:

I think $50 - 70 bucks would be doable but I have a couple of questions

1. When you say a 3 hour period is that including the dinner and logistics... or would it be Arrive > Logistics > 3 hour game play > dinner > clean up > go home.. because 3 hours is kinda short if part of it includes the logistics and dinner.

2. Would out of chapter homed characters still get the Monthly blanket included in the bonus as I thought a char could only get a monthly in there home chapter

3. Would there be combat in this castle. if so are Npc's going to be charged the same.. if no combat then i would assume there would be no logistics needed.

In the best of all possible worlds (i.e. gainfully employed) I would be willing to pay somewhere between 70-80 at the upper range. I would also be totally comfortable with the idea of instead of getting a refund, any extra proceeds going into the various construction projects for the Claremont site.

Is the castle in question Hammond Castle?

Jevedor said:
I think $50 - 70 bucks would be doable but I have a couple of questions

1. When you say a 3 hour period is that including the dinner and logistics... or would it be Arrive > Logistics > 3 hour game play > dinner > clean up > go home.. because 3 hours is kinda short if part of it includes the logistics and dinner.

2. Would out of chapter homed characters still get the Monthly blanket included in the bonus as I thought a char could only get a monthly in there home chapter

3. Would there be combat in this castle. if so are Npc's going to be charged the same.. if no combat then i would assume there would be no logistics needed.

1) Logistics in the parking lot before game starts. Game starts promptly and then there would be 3 hours in the castle. We could do a light meal and drinks for 30 minutes in the castle, plot would be happening during that. Then mods in the dungeon. Intrigue in the grand hall. Town encounter. POSSIBLE battle outside. Then clean up and we all go out for a big meal at some nearby seafood place or whatever. All of this is theoretical, so far. PS. We COULD extend this to 6 hours, but that would cost $3000 grand more.

2) As it stands, your character would have to be housed in Deadlands to get the monthly, unless other chapters wanted to support this event by offering a free monthly for a pc housed in their data base who attended. I could try to work out that kind of deal.

3) The combat situation is all up in the air. I would shoot for combat in the dungeons and maybe a wave battle outside. The NH staff would be the NPCs.

Yes, it's Hammond castle.

http://www.hammondcastle.org/common/ind ... A&page=A14

As an alternative, Winnekenni castle, which would be MUCH cheaper, and the event would be longer.

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl ... =0&ndsp=20

(The web site for this one doesn't have many pictures.)

Hammond Castle is amazing, for anyone who hasn't been there. Plus... I could swing by my old house. :lol:

That being said, the allure of a longer event is nice too.

Either way, the idea is hella cool.

Hm, yeah, if I could plan ahead and have travel arrangements all set etc etc I would pay about 80 bones. I think it would need to be longer than 3 hours though for me to make the trip.

Great idea, never been to a castle, let alone larp in one. Sounds like a blast, Gary!

I've been to renfairs at Hammond, and it's a sweet place.

I'd be willing to pay, well, renfaire prices for entrance. $40 would be about where I'd estimate as well.
3 hours is not a lot of time. $70-80 for an entire weekend is fine, but even with the coolness of the castle It's something I'd take a pass on at that rate for only 3 hours.

I'm totally in for that, whatever the cost would be :-D

I'd pay around 50-70 dollars for this sorta faire day. Mods in a dungeon? Actual castle-ness? Damn Skippy I can pay that much.

I'd pay whatever to play in a castle. And I think if you advertised this well so might a lot of the EC...

AWESOME idea! :D

If it were in January when I'll likely be in America, I'd pay a lot. A couple hundred bucks seems fine for a meal and some roelplaying action in a cool castle.

Two things...

First, where, second, from the sounds of it a lot of people would be willing to pay a bit to do this, so I say look into having it a full weekend :D

And I for one would love to do this if it's close enough for me to go...just a matter of knowing how much to save up for playing!

:lol:

Sure, I'd be happy to make it a full weekend. I just need about $60,000 dollars. Let me check my other pants...

I'm glad to hear that a lot of people like the idea.

Good Lord Willin' and the creek don't rise Mike and I are in....I am ADORING the idea by the way...and I'd pay whatever you were charging within reason...would NPCs still be free? HEHEH and are we talking for this NEXT winter? ie: 2010/2011 or the next one? i vote for this winter...

also...i would love it if there was a quazi professional videographer there

All these things shall be discussed, but I'm thinking 2010/2011 winter.

I support this, and will most likely pay a reasonable price.

This would be completely awesome. And I personally would not have a problem paying up to $100. To put it in perspective, if you go to medieval times, it's $55 for crappy seats, and $75 for front row seats and all you're getting there is dinner and a show. We get to *be* in this show! :D

Back