Howdy from the PNW

jpariury

Duke
So, finally made it back home. Got off the plane and made it to long-term parking to discover that somewhere between leaving Portland on Sept 1 and getting back on Sept 6, I apparently lost my car key*, which meant having to have my spare driven up from an hour and a half away just to get home after 8 hours of plane-hopping (and not the fun kind). So that made for a very downer ending to my trip (unpacking your entire kit in a parking lot at 9:30pm local-12:30am internal-clock lacks in thrills).

Oh yeah, about that event thingie... WOW. That was Awesome®™! From running the Seattle-flavor encounter and mod on Friday night, to beating on evil beasties on Saturday, to trekking up and down that hill every time we found a new lair, to getting captured by squid people, to running head-first into waves of weird critters from around the map, to dueling with a dracolich and sucking up a Shatter Spirit, and Gregoring it up throughout the whole time, it was all one long blurry moment of coolness.

It was great getting to meet up with old friends and acquaintances and make new ones. I love traveling for that reason alone, so when I saw how much effort and dedication other staff people put in to making great monster physreps and creating great new ways to give players challenges to overcome, it was like an amazing pile of icing on a truly delicious raspberry tart.

I feel like if I start naming names in thanking folks, I'm going do someone wrong by forgetting them, so please recognize this as just the highlight reel of an achy-sore body and thoroughly-exhausted mind:

Deep, deep thanks to the Ohio chapter in general for hosting an amazing, fun-filled, jam-packed event.
Congrats to the National Logistics team for overcoming some major setbacks and getting the ball rolling Friday night.
A big hurrah to Paul, Scott and the other plot organizers for taking on such a huge challenge and putting together an awesome tapestry of what the Alliance is.
Many, many thanks for the kitchen crew for leaving me with a warm, satisfied belly every night.
A debt of gratitude to Maureen and (ack... name failure... skinny guy/Monster Marshal dude?) for helping me out on Friday night with prepping up the Seattle-flavor stuff.

This event re-energized and inspired, and for that I am eternally grateful.

*(If anyone who cleaned up our cabin or maybe the Logistics building ran across a black car key with black two-button fob that they couldn't attribute to anyone, may I call dibs?)

Skinny guy! I guess I fit that description. =P

Lost car keys suck. let us know if you get them back :)

I wish I could say I found your key in-game and would sell it to you....but I did not see it either way.

I would like to also thank everyone on this thread...instead of the thread everyone else is using.....

I put on 10 lbs of weight at the event....how is that possible? GREAT FOOD!!!!!!
Logisitics was amazing for 100 people. Friday was the only night I waited at all.
NPCs great work, Plot great work....I was so scared I just sat in my circle gambling the whole time
PCs - thank you, people stayed very much in game and it is appreciated.

BEST national event I have ever been too (first too, but you have set the bar very high)

daver

Bob,

If you find the keys, I've got a proxy bid to place. :p

Back