Howls in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
Howls are heard in the distance, echoing throughout the night. The Full moon is bright in the sky as there is a break in the clouds and none are present to dim the glowing orb. Vaegar and Phelan are once again wandering the streets, the scent of the werewolves pungent in the air. The pair makes their way towards the Foreigners’ Quarters where the sewers seemed ripe with the beasts. In a flash they see that familiar feline from the past few months leap from rooftop to rooftop with speed that seems nearly impossible for a Saar of his size. His Flamberge glows hot with flame, even through the sheath on his back.

Howls begins to become more clear now. No more do they sound off in the distance as before, but closer than most would want. The hairs on the back of Vaegar’s neck stand on end and Phelan shivers as if death itself has passed through him. Clouds roll across the moon, blanketing the city in a darkness that seems deeper than it’s ever been, even to the Dark Elf that is used to the halls of Spire’s Reach.

Moving as fast as they can in the darkness they soon come upon a sight that is nearly impossible to behold; the mighty Saar engaged with at least 6 werewolves and a small pack of Dire Wolves. In total there must be at least a dozen assailants. Something about the entire scene seems out of place. It’s hard to pinpoint it until the clouds break and once again bathe the streets in its glow. One of the werewolves seems... familiar. It takes a moment to realize why, and then it becomes apparent. The armour! One of the beasts wears the armour of Third!

The Saar snarls and draws his Flamberge, it’s flames dance upon the blade and leap off of it towards the creatures, as if it were a living snake of flame, wanting to strike down those before it. The Saar roars “I am Farr’Shen, Magi of the Arcane Sanctum and you are an uninvited blight on our lands and I will see you destroyed to the last!”. Without waiting for a reply by the beasts the Magi begins his assault. A jet of flames flies from his hands scorching the closest werewolf and turning the dire wolf beside it to ash. Following that one of the beasts leaps towards him, maw open as if to swallow the Saar in one bite. It’s momentum is stopped by a Prison sent forth from the Magi.

Almost instantly Farr’Shen is set upon by the pack, at least most of them. The largest of them stays back, watching. A hint of pleasure on its face. The werewolf formerly known as Third circles to the right of the Magi, but he looks as though he is unsure if he should engage this fierce enemy or maybe it’s something else?

Master Farr’Shen continues his assault, turning aside mighty strikes from his enemies, laying another low with a single swipe of his blade. As the numbers of the wolves and lycans begins to take its toll. The Magi takes several hits and his roar becomes more determined than ever. The Magi once again calls forth a Dragon’s Breath, followed by enacting a Magic Armour and then Confining another assailant. The heat of the blasts nearly singe the whiskers on Phelan’s face. The fury of the battle continues for many heartbeats. The ring of steel and the power of the Celestial Magi leaves both the onlookers stunned and speechless.

Through the smoke and the relentless amounts of energy, Vaegar sees the largest of the lycans now enter the fray. Teeth barred and claws that seem large enough to cleave a giant in two, the lycan springs into the fight with frightening speed and agility. Before he can react, Magi Farr’Shen takes several mighty hits, shattering his defenses and dropping him to a knee. The Lycan howls again, and this time there is a mighty response from behind him! Howls erupt and two more packs of the beasts emerge from several blue portals that appear in the courtyard. “My master does not fear the mighty Conclave-Penta! If this is all they can offer, then taking these lands will not be a difficult task at all!” he yells in triumph.

He circles the fallen Saar, teasing him, toying with him. He rears his head, howling as he closes descends upon the Saar, his fangs already dripping with blood. Before the strike can land another voice calls out from across the way. “I grant you the power of a Magic Armour” and a bolt of energy hits the Magi, deflecting the strike from the lycan that would have ended the life of the Saar. “I call upon the Earth to Cure Mortal Wounds” can be heard and the tears in his flesh of the Magi begin to close.

The lycan’s eyes are directed to the source of the interruption of his victory and they land upon an elderly Elf woman carrying a staff with an owl emblazoned upon it. She doesn't seem frightened of the macabre scene before her. “I call upon the Earth to Purify you” she shouts and a wave of cleaning energy flows around Farr’Shen. The Saar, now fully healed and cleansed of the poisons running through his body leaps to his feet, flamberge once again igniting. “My turn!” the Magi roars. But there is something else within that roar. The energy from it washes out from the Magi and nearby windows shatter with the force of it.

Suddenly more portals appear. Instead of lycans though, out steps the rest of the Magi of the Conclave Penta including the ArchMage Az’Caine. Behind them what seems to be the entire force of the Arcane Sanctum pours out from the portals. Magic energy rains down upon the area. Ice, Stone, Flame and Lightning erupt from the mages, devastating all the creatures in the area. The fighting is fierce but brief. Several of the Sanctum members fall to the pack of lycans, but in the end the pack is annihilated from the Calanhelm streets. Smouldering corpses of lycans and wolves litter the grounds. All save one. When the barrage ends the elderly woman stands within a Circle of Power with werewolf, Third, lying at her feet unconscious. The ArchMage turns towards Master Quynn and a curious expression crosses his face. “This one is under my care, the Elf states. Through him I believe we can rid the lands of these lycans once and for all. Please, I beg you to spare him.”

Az’Caine begins to argue and grips his staff tightly, magic energy building in his hand. He glares at the woman until the large paw of Magi Farr’Shen settles upon his shoulder. “Az’Caine, she saved my life this night. She was instrumental in our victory. Grant her this. I will ensure he does not harm another citizen of Calanhelm.” Az’Caine studies his freind’s face for what seems to be minutes then relaxes his grip on the staff. “Very well. Ensure he is muzzled or he will lie upon the stones as these.” He says as his arm sweeps over the scene behind him. “Rhialto, Farr’Shen, Kurak, see to the cleansing of the sewers in this area. Take the entirety of the Sanctum to see it done. Speak to the Commander as well and brief him on this. Have him muster the Home Guard to duty to ensure that this task is complete."

Turning to the Master “Ensure that the Fatespinner has been informed of this night and your duty to find the cure for these lycans. Have her send some of your best healers along go along with my Mages.“Mobeus, take Karuna with you and secure the sewers near the King’s Palace. Master Quynn, please assign Fredrick and Isawda to this detail.”

With that, the ArchMage conjures another portal and steps through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back