I Have Returned

To all who see these words, know that the worst has happened. The Withering has indeed spread to the lands of Moria, there is a taint upon the land that is spreading even as i write this note. I call to all those of courage and learning to aid those across the mists. We can not let this plague spread across more of Fortannis. Any who have knowledge about what has been attempted to stop the spread please contact myself, or the Nobility of the Arandin Empire.

On another note, would Goodman Grog and Goodman Jack please contact me, I wish to have words with you.

Justicar Crowe

Lord Justicar Crowe

I am sure that you meant no disrespect. Arandin is no longer an Empire, it is now a Kingdom governed by tenant' of chivalry. I am sad to hear that the withering has spread to the place of my birth, but I can not say that I am surprised. All of our land' are connected by the mist', so it has been in the past that villain' and problem' sometime' travel as we adventurer' do.

What if anything can be done to stop the withering? I refuse to believe that we are powerless to stop it!

-Air Raksa Menggosok Tarang
of the Arkelian Hunt

(OOG: Brought into the tavern and posted by an Iron Construct)

To the Abyss with Moria!

If they are virtuous people then they should gladly bear the burden, taking their fair share of the suffering this world has to offer. We could have sent the curse along to them, and be done with it forever, but you have all made a grave mistake by letting The Toy Maker bring the sword back here. Who knows what shattering the blade will lead to? It lives on now in the mists, and Laerthan, as well as the whole world may now experience its vile touch. I had fixed this mess for you, and here you have made a greater one. I am ashamed of your foolishness.

When will you just learn to do what I say is best? I never would steer you wrong. Even when I have misled you in the past I have had the best intentions for the safety of this land. THIS land could have been saved if only you'd done what I said you must. Let these years of suffering be a lesson to the people of these Deadlands, and forget helping the people of Moria. Focus on your own mistakes, your own curses, your own lands. As you are all my wayward children, I will help you endure and fix this disaster, and I will assist you for as long as it takes.

Lord Skylar

Justicar Crowe,

As you well know, the Withering was not the only horror responsible for the state of our lands these last fifteen years. The Shadow Dragon, The Golden Order, Mourgrym's destruction of the elf lands, and countless wars within our own nations, all have contributed to the ongoing destruction of our realm. This is not to understate the terror which is the Withering, but rather to say if we are to help our fellows in Moria it would help us know their circumstances. Who was it who summoned Void away and under what circumstances did he plunge it into the earth? Are these people assailed by other foes, or is there the chance they may yet all pull together to find a solution, as we did not? How well equipped are the people of Moria to deal with such encroaching darkness?

It was a clear chain of events that brought our land to its dark state. Break this chain, and the people of Moria may yet save their world.

-Nicodemus Ravenseye

Nicodemus

It is my belief that the people of Arandin are very well "equipped" to deal with any threat that present' itself to be destroyed. So far that I understand (which I admit is very little) the Withering is not something that can be carved up with an enchanted sword. Every land which we adventurer' travel to is divided; it is a flaw of our many specie' that we do not all get along, no matter what land in Fortannis you go to.

I do not understand what you mean by breaking the chain of event'. Do you mean that all other warfare and conflict must be stopped, before the Withering can be reversed? Is this your opinion, or do you base your statement on something you know for a fact?

-Air Raksa

Raksa,

It is difficult to fully explain the series of tragedies which have befallen Laerthan. To be concise, the creeping doom which is the Withering was the first blow of many, and it was promplty followed by an assault by the Shadow Dragon. This beast launched a crusade not simply against the kingdom of Syrrandor, but against nature itself, embarking on a campaign to destroy the established Earth Circles of our world. Unfortunately, the creature's campaign met with some success. Many of our permanent earth circles were indeed destroyed, and as many of you know there are only seven such circles left in all our realm now.

It is my belief that the loss of the Earth Circles, compounded by our poor relations with those of the elemental planes, severely impacted our ability to combat the Withering. That is what I mean by how "equipped" the people of Moria may be.

You are of course quite right, swords will do little against a formless foe of rage and despair. But the power of hope, life, compassion, courage... they will strike more surely than any steel ever known. How you interpet that, I leave up to you.

-Nicodemus

My intrepretation of that is: That you have no idea how to fight the Withering successfully so you speak in riddle' to make yourself seem more intelligent. I can't fault you for that, because I don't know what race you are. There is more than enough hope, compassion, courage and life-spell' to go around, yet still here we are and the Withering is spreading.

We need powerful ally' or access to some kind of magic that is more powerful than the Withering. We need to treat the land like it was a person who was unwillingly transformed into the undead. We need to use a power that would be the equivalent of a Gift of Life ritual. We need to stamp out the undead and necromancer' who are ruining our world, before they make it any worse than it already is. We need to unite together and make a stand against the darkness. I hear the dream' of the people in Icenia, and they too are faced with a growing threat of vampire' and necromancy. We have to open our eye' and realize that this is not a problem which affect' only one land.

I would speak with you more Nicodemus, you seem like one who is genuinely concerned and that is good. I know that I am not smart enough to figure this out. I hope that more people who are true of heart would join together to save our world or at the very least die together like our race' were meant to.

-Air Raksa

Air Raksa said:
My intrepretation of that is: That you have no idea how to fight the Withering successfully so you speak in riddle' to make yourself seem more intelligent.

I think I remember Nic being a pretty smart S.O.B. Maybe you're right, and his words sound like riddles simply because you're a bit soft?

Anywho, forget about The Withering, bring back Arcadia! I'm tired of looking like a friggin zombie.

Preston Lefae

PS. I'll help you lead an army of fae against what ever the heck you want. Just give me a place to live again!!!

Suffer you fae bastard. Your outside appearance is just a reflection of how you have looked on the inside all along. Call me soft as you beg for help, you are a joke that isn't funny anymore. Go impale yourself on a cold iron gate with the rest of your good-for-nothing "people". Who would want the help of an army of cowardly bed-wetter' anyway?

I can't believe I am even responding an imaginary nobody like you.

Die.

-Air Raksa

Let me break this one down so we're all on the same page.

Air Raksa said:
Suffer you fae bastard.

Why? I didn't do anything bad?

Air Raksa said:
Your outside appearance is just a reflection of how you have looked on the inside all along.

Really? I thought it was more a result of being on an all night rowdydow that happened to last 3 years. You'd look like *** too, I might add.

Air Raksa said:
Call me soft as you beg for help, you are a joke that isn't funny anymore. Go impale yourself on a cold iron gate with the rest of your good-for-nothing "people". Who would want the help of an army of cowardly bed-wetter' anyway?

I'm sorry, by soft I meant kind of dumb, which isn't so much an insult. That's just what happens when your parents are related. I'm sure you're quite hard in other respects. Why would I have to beg for help? Are you planning on hurting me? I'm not looking to hurt you in the least. And the fence thing? That wouldn't kill me, I don't think. But again, why would you want me to kill myself? I don't want you to kill yourself.

More importantly, who told you I pissed myself Saturday night?

Air Raksa said:
I can't believe I am even responding an imaginary nobody like you.

But yooooouu aaaaaarrrree, which means I'm REAL again! Yaaaaay! All it took was for the adventures to remember me, and remember Arcadia that was. Excellent!

Air Raksa said:

Is this like when you're running around the playground, and the lad pulls the lass' hair, and spits on her, and says she's a fat piece of turd, and spreads rumors about her being an "about town" sort of lady, but really....he likes her?

Cause I think it is.

Raksa,

Don't bother arguing with this piece of crap. Apparently spending 3 years in a unmarked, piss ridden hole in the ground hasn't done anything to change his attitudes. All it seems to have done is make him even uglier than he already was.

Stay dead next time, Preston.

-Wolf

sltwolf said:
Raksa,

Don't bother arguing with this piece of crap. Apparently spending 3 years in a unmarked, piss ridden hole in the ground hasn't done anything to change his attitudes. All it seems to have done is make him even uglier than he already was.

Stay dead next time, Preston.

-Wolf

WOW!!! You still pissed at me! Get over it, pup. You and I both know that I made ya mother happy. Sure, I was a little older, and she was as ugly as a barbarian can get, and that is some *** tons of ugly, but we both thought you'd come around after a bit.

In case you haven't noticed, the friggin continent has fallen. I don't even recall why I use to screw with you so much? I honestly can't remember. So...could you be less relevant?

And seriously, what's with all the piss comments? Did that clown tell EVERYONE about my little mishap? That's the last time I invite a guy to the party who smells like cooking oil and rawhide.

You guys are suuuch wankers! I'd be willing to help ya, if you just stop being such dirt bags for a sec. I mean, what gives, is there an Asshat of the Bastion award, being competed for among strictly the most illiterate races?

Preston

I love the sound of fae in miserable pain. I regret that I only live such a short life, because it never get' old. Listen to it... it scared and begging. Urinating on itself. I will sleep easy knowing how much work it is going to have to do before it find' anyone who care' that it need' something. I hope they find a way back to the Four Wind', but not sooner than I get to see it and point at it, laughing with pure happiness.

Rot Preston! Rot you disgusting corpse! Don't stop on our account!

-Rock

Rock,

Did you get picked on by a wee pixie when you were little?

Have to be frank, I'm not really in any sort of pain. It's kind of just...weird? It might be a good idea to help make Arcadia a nice place though. Seriously, we'll come back as nasty as WildCard in a dress if Fever gets his claws in the sand.

Heads up!

After your brother showed us your faerie graveyard and all the poor saps shed their tears, I ripped off your gravestone and pissed on your grave. Maybe it's not that guy that smells, just you. Hope that helps.

Yes Worm-food fairy' did pick on me, like many other'. Your power' are unnatural and more than that you dont deserve them because you are all evil. Anything that can hurt you is my weapon against you. You suffer, I celebrate. You're an obnoxious gutter-mouth even while you bitch and moan about your stupid problem' that nobody care' about.

So you know I am dancing and getting drunk while I write this. When I am done, I am going to try to find some fae-grave' to dig up so I can show my offspring, my friend' and my people- one day what a permanently dead fae even look' like. I never seen one before, If the Justicar hear' howl' of pleasure in the wood': It mean I found one. I can probably charge money for people to come and view it. Even if it is covered in Wolf fece'. The Deadland' are going to be rich; FAE CAN DIE HERE!!!!

Keep describing yourself! Tell me exactly in detail what is wrong with you. I am writhing in exstacy with every word. I can write a book with the ink of your tear'. You prove that you are stupid despite your supposedly long year'. All race' have illiteracy, but every race has scholar' and sage'. I mean to document and catalog your pain and demise to bring joy to Fortannis.

THE FAIRY-MONSTER' CAN DIE IN THE DEADLAND', what a beautiful and lucky place!

-Air Raksa

sltwolf said:
After your brother showed us your faerie graveyard and all the poor saps shed their tears, I ripped off your gravestone and pissed on your grave. Maybe it's not that guy that smells, just you. Hope that helps.

Well, good thing I'm not really gone! Otherwise I might take offense or something.

Wolf, let me try to explain something to you. You know your dreams? For instance, you know that dream you've had since childhood, which you don't tell anyone about? The one where all the adventures are gathering for a great battle? The one where you're a little timid at first, hiding in the shadows at the back of the tavern? All the women of the village are peering in through the windows, giggling, saying things like "when's he going to come out?" and "he looks so pretty" and you feel nervous and excited, but mostly just relieved that everyone just finally knows. But there is still hesitation, still fear. Then the hoard of evil what ever comes pouring in from the forest, and all your fears just vanish. Then, lastly, a man of great renown (I know lately it's been the Justicar) comes busting through the door yelling

"WOLF!! WE NEED YOU, OR THE WHOLE TOWN WILL BE LOST!!!."

And so you pick up your sword and shield, turn your face to the sunlight beckoning you through the doorway, and finally....you jump head first into the most epic battle of all time, and you're FINALLY wearing a full length evening gown, IN PUBLIC!! And it's in your favorite color, LAVENDER!! And no one is making fun of you, no one is judging you. EVERYONE loves and accepts you for who you are, who you've always been, the Barbarian you're always wanted to let shine, but for who you just couldn’t, until then, find that brave little light inside!! You know that dream?

I am that dream.

So, you see, there is really no getting rid of me.

Love love,
Preston

Air Raksa,

I'm real sorry you got picked on. Really, I am.

Sometimes we take our play time a little too far.

Preston

I think I liked you better when Tova broke your heart. Yeah you were a bit scarier, but at least I didn't have to put up with this all day long.

Maybe being an total *** all the time isn't the best course for you anymore, ya "friggin zombie", or I might just make sure you never see Arcadia again. How would you like that, hm? Being stuck with all us filthy unfae likes until your wings rot... I'm surprised you lasted this long.

Making threats you cannot possibly keep cheapens what little value your tarnished word has, Varg. Your people, your true people, want you know more than ours, and when your vaunted chieftain learns of your transgressions, he will banish you at the least. You are a child, and shall be visited a child's chastisement, as you were the last time you crossed the Lord of the Fae.

Back