I Have Returned

sltwolf said:
I think I liked you better when Tova broke your heart. Yeah you were a bit scarier, but at least I didn't have to put up with this all day long.

Maybe being an total *** all the time isn't the best course for you anymore, ya "friggin zombie", or I might just make sure you never see Arcadia again. How would you like that, hm? Being stuck with all us filthy unfae likes until your wings rot... I'm surprised you lasted this long.

Bah!! I have a new girlfriend now. Her name is Sally, or something. You'll get to meet her soon enough. I keep her in a bag.

I didn't mean to frighten you, little wolfy bum.

I don't need Arcadia, Wolf, because I have YOU!!! You're full of of all the hopes and dreams I could ever need!!! It's great! That's why I'll be around you forever and ever and ever and ever and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvver, and ever.

Preston

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
Making threats you cannot possibly keep cheapens what little value your tarnished word has, Varg. Your people, your true people, want you know more than ours, and when your vaunted chieftain learns of your transgressions, he will banish you at the least. You are a child, and shall be visited a child's chastisement, as you were the last time you crossed the Lord of the Fae.

... what?

I understood like almost none of that. It's ok, I make up lies all the time too.

sltwolf said:
Making threats you cannot possibly keep cheapens what little value your tarnished word has, Varg. Your people, your true people, want you know more than ours, and when your vaunted chieftain learns of your transgressions, he will banish you at the least. You are a child, and shall be visited a child's chastisement, as you were the last time you crossed the Lord of the Fae.

... what?

I understood like almost none of that. It's ok, I make up lies all the time too.

Let me translate some of that:

Firstly, the words that come out of your mouth are similar in value to the wind that comes out of your ***.

Everyone knows you used Celestial magic, so you don't have much village cred. I think he's referring to the Celestial dagger you begged me to link to you. Remember, the one I fashioned out of my own crap? Sheeesh, what does that say about you, that you would actually BEG to have that stuck to you?

The rest sounds like maniacal references to things from your past. Perhaps he's referring to how you don't have an adult name yet, thus you are Wolfy-Bum.

Preston

ENOUGH!

Raksa and Wolf, when did this become a yipping match with fae?! You both should be concentrating on the REAL problems that the Justicar has addressed: The Withering and this litche! Bickering with something you hate from a world far from us will get nobody nowhere. The strength of a VANCIER would be better used in the coming battles with undead that are to come. Not only that, But fae never run out of breath. Stop wasting yours!

You especially, Raska. I need you most because you travel to Moria more than I. Next time you are there, I need you to look for a possable cause. Where did it start? Where is it spreading to? If we can predict where its going to spread next, we may be able to battle this.

Justicar Crowe, any information you have learned while traveling across the mists would be most welcome. You'll need to either leave me a message here, or leave an envelope here in the tavern with my name on it (PM). I dont have a house or letter box.

Wolf and Raska I will need you both to help with what matters most. Your both valuble in solving these problems and meddling with fae will only bring you bad luck.

For the survival of ALL,
-Grog

Seconded, and also brandishing a club.
-Lorgwut

Not that it matters and it seems you're being told to quit leaving notes for Preston, but I'd love to ask a question here. It sounds from the look of these letters that there is no love lost between Preston and the rest of you. May I ask what type of fae this Preston is? Is he more like Fevergrey or more like the nice ones? One must keep their fae in order. A bit of information is all I ask. Namely, what did Preston do to tick you off so much? If you are not interested in continuing to put notes up here, feel free to send me a private letter. Thank you.
~Z~

Tavern Keep Tzydl,

I will speak with you privately on this matter. You can expect me tomorrow evening by the fire.

Be Safe and True,

~Squire Paladar Beltaine

Wolf is NOT a Varg by any means, fae. He is a honorable Vansir and like our valiant dead, he would NOT willingly use sky magic.

Deadlands said:
I think I remember Nic being a pretty smart S.O.B. Maybe you're right, and his words sound like riddles simply because you're a bit soft?

Anywho, forget about The Withering, bring back Arcadia! I'm tired of looking like a friggin zombie.

Preston Lefae

PS. I'll help you lead an army of fae against what ever the heck you want. Just give me a place to live again!!!

Your "people" do not deserve a place to live in this world. You MURDERED THOUSANDS of Vansir with all of your "great and powerful" sky magic. You would think that someone as old and "wise" as your father, would have the COMMON SENSE not to "protect" the black citadel with sky magic forcing the Vansir to march to their death. There is a debt that must be paid Preston and the suffering of your people is only thing that will calm my blood.

Glory and Honor for all Vansir,

Gaedun Kar'Dan

Sir-
Not that I'm looking to start an argument but just to clarify they're not looking for a place in this world. They're looking for their own world to be remade. One thing to keep in mind is that Mr. Grey is also looking to remake this world in his own way. So if you think your dealings with the fae in the past were not completely happy, imagine what they would be like should Mr. Grey get his way. Sometimes it is better to go with what in your mind might be considered the lesser of two evils.

I am continually reminded that the Fae only have their own best interests at heart and they are not to be trusted. But what person: human, elf, dwarf, biata, romani, dark elf, ogre, orc is not the same. We all look out for our best interests. Perhaps it is in our best interests to help the fae rebuild their world in order to give them a place to be and be themselves.

Yours,
~Z~

hey tavern keeper, you forgot us scavengers in that statement, i feel hurt ><

Syra!
I'm sorry. No offense was intended. You and Scurge are two of my favorite persons.
~Z~

Gaedun Kar'Dan said:

Wolf is NOT a Varg by any means, fae. He is a honorable Vansir and like our valiant dead, he would NOT willingly use sky magic.

Deadlands said:
I think I remember Nic being a pretty smart S.O.B. Maybe you're right, and his words sound like riddles simply because you're a bit soft?

Anywho, forget about The Withering, bring back Arcadia! I'm tired of looking like a friggin zombie.

Preston Lefae

PS. I'll help you lead an army of fae against what ever the heck you want. Just give me a place to live again!!!

Your "people" do not deserve a place to live in this world. You MURDERED THOUSANDS of Vansir with all of your "great and powerful" sky magic. You would think that someone as old and "wise" as your father, would have the COMMON SENSE not to "protect" the black citadel with sky magic forcing the Vansir to march to their death. There is a debt that must be paid Preston and the suffering of your people is only thing that will calm my blood.

Glory and Honor for all Vansir,

Gaedun Kar'Dan

Well, I thought this one was dead in the water, but sure, I'll talk another stab.

Our people ARE your people. We're your dreams, your nightmares, your sense of wonder as a child, that feeling of dread and hope you feel as a dying man on the battlefield. We exist BECAUSE of you, not in spite of you, not without you, ONLY because of you, because a mortal child had a dream, shed a tear, felt a sense of fear and wonderment, for just one significant moment in time. We are not just creations of the star magic you hate. That is just what weapon we wield.

We didn't murder anyone. My kind tried to help, and I was already dead when this happened. Had I been there, I would have suggested to my father that we let you all die with the glory you wanted, that I believe you deserved. No one forced the barbs to march to their death. Oberon made a mistake, doing the best he could with a crap situation. I never claimed my father was wise, but he did care about your kind, and his fire perished while trying to help you.

That is more than you would have done for us…wanker.

The debt has been paid. I know you're kind struggles with academics, but this is basic math we're talking here.

Many of your kind died. MOST of my kind are DEAD. And though endless things have caused this blight, it was by mortal hands that The Withering could've been undone. But no....because you couldn't work together to stop it.

You are hateful, bigoted, ignorant whelps....but I love ya anyway, because I know you don't have a friggin clue what you’re doing.

We need each other, whether you realize it or not. So get over it.

When your pride burns out, accept our hands, otherwise the big bad is going to make all your dreams nightmares. I really don’t want to see that happen.

In closing, I just mess with Wolfy-bum because he can't take a joke. He's not so bad, just a punk.

Preston
PS. Wolf is still an asshat.

Goodman Gaedan,

Not all of the Fae participated in the proscribe ritual cast upon the keep. Many came to answer the call for help, Many fought alongside your people, and many died for your cause. Your people were angered by the Fae's attempt to protect them. They were attempting to help in the way that they knew best, with magic. While it was ill advised, and now, looking back, it can be seen how your people took the end result. THey were attempting to help. The intent of the fae was to help your people. To answer a call for aid. To do so knowing that that aid might not be accepted. I was there at the battle of the Black Keep, I fought beside your people. I paid a heavy price for doing so. You have the stories of the battle, I have the memories of that battle. By answering the call for aid, I lost nearly everything.
You would do well to bear in mind that not all Fae are your enemies. Preston and his folk are trying to find a place in this world, just as we all are. Should Fever Grey succeed in remaking the Fae realm in his own image, it will not go well for anyone. He will cause great pain to everyone.... Simply because he can. While you have your reasons for not liking Fae, remember that should you and your people continue to try to hinder the creation of the Fae Realm, you risk helping the likes of Fever Grey. You would be dooming far more than the Fae to a horrible fate. You would doom your fellow twice born, the citizens of the bastions, and yourselves to a realm of Nightmares. You would do well to remember that no one should be judged for what people believe of their race.
Open your eyes, and use the most important weapon any warrior has at his disposal..... HIS MIND. TAke a moment to consider what a life spent tormented by Fever Grey would be like. Your worst nightmare come true. Think about your children and their children having to suffer as the Slaves of Fever Grey. Your Race is familiar with that, and I know you would not wish that upon anyone.
Bah, I have rambled on far too much.
Consider my words. If you feel the need to question them, feel free to sit down and have a drink with me. We can discuss them.

Lord Goliath Stone

Back