I want a cloak

Dangles

I love cloaks and now I finally have an excuse to wear one, lol. I always thought the ones they wore in LOTR were badass and I was wondering if I could wear one even if I am NPCing? Not only will it be cool, but it will allow me to hide my Kamelbak hydration pack while playing.

Anyone know where I can get one other than eBay? Or better yet, anyone out there handy with a thread and needle? I would be more than happy to compensate you for your troubles.

thanks.

Re: I want a hooded cloak

Dangles said:
I love hooded cloaks and now I finally have an excuse to wear one, lol. I always thought the ones they wore in LOTR were badass and I was wondering if I could wear one even if I am NPCing? Not only will it be cool, but it will allow me to hide my Kamelbak hydration pack while playing.

Anyone know where I can get one other than eBay? Or better yet, anyone out there handy with a thread and needle? I would be more than happy to compensate you for your troubles.

thanks.

i have been known to make a cloak or two. unfortuntly i have a broken shoulderblade so will not be able to make one by the opener if you dont find what you want by the opener talk to me and we will see what i can do.

oceanfredrick said:
i have been known to make a cloak or two. unfortuntly i have a broken shoulderblade so will not be able to make one by the opener if you dont find what you want by the opener talk to me and we will see what i can do.

Thank you. I appreciate that very much. I am searching for Elven Cloaks, the ones that hang almost to my feet, but do not actually touch the ground. Problem I'm having too is that I am short, at 5'3".

I'm thinking the best material would be wool???

Got to love wool!
Try www.hmoon.com they can get very pricey though. Or you can wait till they come to King Richards or CTRF in the fall, they normally carry their back stock at fairs and you can get some good discounts. If you volunteer at the fair they also give you a discount. They have children sized clocks that are adorable!

Holy crap...those are pricey....$258 for a 3/4 hooded cloak...it's nice, but jeesh...I'm not traveling to Mordor!

Send your shoulder measurements, height and around the barrel of your chest measurements and I can find someone to hook ya up. If you want it to drape right go custom.
-toddo

Toddo said:
Send your shoulder measurements, height and around the barrel of your chest measurements and I can find someone to hook ya up. If you want it to drape right go custom.
-toddo

Thank you, sir!

If you are unable to get a cloak by the weekend let me know and we will see what we can do

Deborah said:
If you are unable to get a cloak by the weekend let me know and we will see what we can do

Well, I have looked online and the only 3/4 hooded cloak that I can find is an Elven LOTR cloak on eBay -- I'm not sure about the construction or materials, but I suspect that it's more Halloween/Costume quality and will not survive an actual weekend of real LARP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grey-Adult-Grey-Elv ... 1|294%3A50

The only other option are the amazing 3/4 cloaks from halfmoon.com, but they are damn near $300.00 and way out of my price range at the moment.

http://www.hmoon.com/cloaks-sl.html#34

Which leaves me to the conclusion that my best bet is to get one custom made (especially geared towards my vertically challenged status ;) )

I still can't decide on what material will be best. I know wool not only keeps you warm and wicks away moisture, but I am worried about it being itchy.

Is Alpaca wool pretty good for the outdoors? I kinda like this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D54

Don't stress for this event if you don't want to. NPC camp has some cloaks you can wear for some of the roles you will be playing.

See other post about kamelback!

For clothing you should wear very comfortable black pants, Personally I like sweatpants or karate pants cuz they look more in period than most and are comfortable. Also bring a black turtle neck shirt or just a long sleeved black shirt. Basically you want a bottom layer of black clothing that you can throw a tabard over or other costuming to quickly become the role you are playing.

Bring a belt you can put over a tabard if you have it so the tabard isn't hanging up your arms while you fight.

Also, no sneakers. Black combat boots or regular black boots/hiking boots is best. If you have something that looks to modern, you may be asked to just put black duct tape over it, i.e. pink sneakers with a big red nike logo on the side.

~Jaimi

Back