Ideas: Gamblers, Gambling, and Money-Changing Games

I've started this up now in-game with my character with an emphasis on fast games based on pure chance (with the chance in my favor of course), "Cho Ko Nu's Games of Chance"- a highly portable system of quickplay gambling games. Barbarians keep it fast and simple.

So far, starting small, I offer:

Roskarian Roulette
Same as modern roulette, but with a tooled and painted piece of leather for the board. Roskarian is local flavor from the SoMN chapter. Roulette odds.

Black Knight
Found a tarot deck with non-religious and simple Medieval-style artwork, removed the Major Arcana and Pages for a 52-card deck. Blackjack rules and odds.

High/Low
Same card deck, place one card face down. Before the next card is drawn, the player bets if next card drawn is higher or lower than the face down. Pays 1:1 odds.

In-Between
More complex than high/low and the basis of "Dragon Poker." Two cards are placed facedown with space in-between for a third card. Before the third card is drawn, the player bets if third card will be a value in-between the two facedown cards. Pays 1:1 odds.

Liar's Dice
Based on the 500 year old Spanish dice game "Dudo" and as seen in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. Odds vary as it is a multi-player game, but like Dragon Poker, you can load the table to increase your odds and split the profits with your accomplices.

I also designed and printed up on in-genre paper the rules to these games to role-play teaching the games all in-game.

I'm planning on adding more games soon, especially dice games, based on player suggestions in this thread.

Thanks again everyone!

kittenpunk2 said:
mythic said:
From a game store prespective:
Zombie Dice
Quarriors
Pieces of Eight
Nuts!
Poo!
Red Dragon Inn
Three Dragon Ante
Devil's Dice
Letters of Marque
Aye Dark Overlord

There are a ton more if people want more themed games.
just saying the name dus not tell us how to play please i would love to know how u play any of the ones on your list

These are all "commercial" games that are in the hobby market. Your local game store (specialty, not Wal-Mart) will likely have these in stock.

Back