IG Announcement Event 5 - Legacy

wbush3

Scholar
On the evening of the 21st, in the dark of night…

The night sky above glows as several celestial bodies slowly moved into a perfect alignment. As they reach the exact position, the night sky flashes with a cool, white light. The Selunari feel a change as the stars align, something is different, but it is also RIGHT. Each and every Selunari feels as if they finally fit, even though the sensation of not-fitting fades away. A forgotten memory, a fading dream. It is as it should be.

At the same moment a bright pulse of golden light bursts from one of the nearby peaks of the Auros Mountains to the west and an echoing thunder rolls forth from the peak. Eight streaking lights fall from the night sky crossing the dark horizon and down around the area, somewhere.

Meanwhile...

Soon the heroes of Foxbridge will ascend into the Auros Mountains and venture forth to find and explore the ancient, lost city of Auros. Once the capital of Aer’Astria, now barely more than a few ruins. However, these ruins of Auros are filled with the dead who roam and wander among the crumbled structures of a once great city. It is hoped that somewhere within the ruins can be found the catalyst needed to cast the ritual to heal the Celestial Dragon, though some may have other reasons to explore the bones of Auros.

Helping the heroes reach the old capitol is the mysterious woman, Abana, and the Selunari family known as the Jemajh. Three adventurers are to thank for gaining this assistance, and with the help of Abana and the Jemajh passage should be safe through the mountains.

Soon mysteries will be known, and questions answered, even as more questions arise. Within Auros, the city of the dead, lies a legacy.

My task leads to battle elsewhere but I can offer the mantra I lived by when I was but a guardsman. It was our pledge to our village, and honoured faithfully til its fall.

"We are as stone, immovable and strong. We are the wall, forged by duty, strengthened by courage. Brothers all we will hold the wall, until by the blade should we fall."

Where you go no allies will come. Look to each other for strength. If you begin to falter, remember what is at stake.

When my village fell not one man in the guard abandoned their post. Those who go to Auros must be prepared to make that same sacrifice for if it must and lines break like twigs beneath a boot and Lumos achieves his goals in Auros then Sedovia will surely fall. Those who venture into this realm of death must stand together brothers and sisters all even if death should claim you all.

If all goes well in the battle I am to fight and I return to Foxbridge alive I hope that I see you all alive and well and the town not devoid of those I have come to call friends. If the worst should come to pass then I promise your sacrifice will not be forgotten and will not have been in vain.

Go with the light and do whatever it takes to stop Lumos in Auros.

-Edarius

Last edited:
Back