IG bennies for a ship

the rules vary from land to land (some have none) in the HQ chapter is there any IG benifit for owning a ship?
are there HQ rules for ship and land ownership?

FW

The benefit for land or a ship are really a plot benefit.

It adds flavor to your character.

It also helps explain things.

For example:

Your character plans on visiting another land

With noemal walking, it could take a month to travel there.

If you have a ship, then you can get there in half the time.

See?

It adds flavor to your character.

Jim

It really is a part of who and what your character is, even if it doesn't give you extra plot or whatever. If your character is walking around talking about being a captain of a ship, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a tag for said ship. It also wouldn't hurt to pick up the matching Craftsman skill to further pan out your character. You're going to have to spend gold and build, but as someone who has done both, I think it's worth it. It really didn't make much sense for my character to show up with baked goods every event, without actually owning a bakery somewhere.

So yeah, get a boat if you think it'll make more sense for your character. You need to think as your character would, not as someone looking on the outside thinking, "why is he spending gold on that when it really won't do much for him IG?"

(I realize this isn't really answering your original question. I'm just giving a different point of view on the topic.)

I understand the RP part of it, thats why my character has Sailor Navigator and helmsman
the question was more of a is there anything in the HQ chapter like in other chapters
NJ and Ohio both have rules and was intrested if there were any HQ rules someplace.

FW

Ashbury Players Guide. No official ship or land owning rules that I know of (that's not saying much though).

I wonder if they are still doing the investment thing that they were starting at the end of last season.

Frank Wiccan said:
I understand the RP part of it, thats why my character has Sailor Navigator and helmsman
the question was more of a is there anything in the HQ chapter like in other chapters
NJ and Ohio both have rules and was intrested if there were any HQ rules someplace.

FW

Yeah, I don't believe HQ has anything like NJ does. I can tell you that ships have played a role in events that took place in dock towns where a player actually had his or her ship docked at. In the past (5+ years ago) the player knew the gathering would be there, so they did plot write-ups so his or her boat could have some type of an impact on the event.

Gee-Perwin said:
It really didn't make much sense for my character to show up with baked goods every event, without actually owning a bakery somewhere.

Well you could always have had eldritch baked goods, "With eldrith force I build a cake!"

Well, as I kind of mentioned in my post, HQ started this neat investment idea last year where people would come to town and look for people with gold to invest in things. mines, ships, farms, whatever... businesses you know? and then you'd get a note at logistics as to how your investment was doing, money, plot hooks, etc. it sounded really exciting, though i dunno if it took off or not.

if it did, you could invest in a bakery. or heck, just send in a plot write up where you keep searching for a way to build one and spend the coin to do it. I am assuming they'd probably cough up a tag for one, though with the investment system at least you'd see a return.

HQ had discussed a "Patronage" system where you could use IG money to buy ownership stakes in things like ships, businesses, etc. As I understand it, these came available randomly, typically through an NPC entering town with the deed and a desire to sell. If you are interested in acquiring something specific, I would make note in your between-event Plot write-up that you are "investigating potential opportunities to buy xxx."

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Im already working on buying a ship in NJ/Arandin lands and if and WHEN I do I can jsut sail it through the mists but I was jsut checking if my ship would haev any non RP value in HQ.

thanks for the advice all

FW

Back