IG FEAST POTLUCK

Slice

Fighter
We would like to do an in-game pot luck on Saturday night of the next event. This will include both PCs and NPCs. We have seen this done many years ago, and with a lot of contributors, it can be totally awesome. The pot luck would occur from about 7pm (an hour after logistics) to about 9pm. An IG post will be made in the uncoming week, but we wanted to give people some extra time to think about it and prepare OOG. In our ideal world, that would be four or five main dishes, an equal number of sides, some beveragement and some desserts. Pecan-themed foods are encouraged though by no means required, and plot will provide some pies (pecan, natch, but also some non-pecan stuff) and whipped cream. You do not need to bring something complicated or expensive, side dishes are often easy, delicious and cheap. Also of note, we will make sure there are plenty of food items that do not include pecans so that those nut free folks have plenty to eat. In my experience, something that can be prepped ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave works best. Also we do not need to have a million small items. Meaning not everyone needs to bring something, you could always work together as a small group, pitch a couple bucks to your "food leader" and just help them (financially or physically) in making more.

So far we have:
Sean: Chicken Paprikash? (Main dish)
Sam: Drinks and maybe something else! (Beverage)
Ron: Drinks (Beverage)
Barb: Some sort of pecan pork roast or something. Mmm. Pork. (Main dish)
Matt: Hella breads…French, garlic, etc. (Side)
Jimmy: Chicken salad? (Side)
Jen: Giant Fruit salad (Side)
Holly: Large Caesar salad (Side)
Plot: Pies (dessert)
Carmen: Some sort of potato (Side)
Bill: Shrimp Platter
Leigh-ann: Beef stew or Sheppards pie (Main dish)

Suggestions:
Veggie trays (Side)

You friendly neighborhood plot team

I'll bring two veggie trays for the occasion.

I can bring "some sort of potato" : )

~Carmen

Awesome guys. Thanks for the contributions. I think the big thing we are really looking for at this point is maybe and extra main dish or two.

Roan Dari Alki said:
I can bring "some sort of potato" : )

~Carmen
I hope it's not Spudus. I'm going to have to watch you more closely for pro-tuber actions.

I will be looking at bringing a Shimp platter.

I wanted to post the recipe for my chicken dish: if anyone partaking has allergy issues to what's in it I can modify it or have a few chicken breasts that are just a normal cook.

Chicken
garlic
salt, pepper, paprika

Dumplings
Flour
baking powder
white sugar
salt
butter
milk

Sauce
chicken broth
sour cream
salt, pepper, paprika
potato starch (for thickening)

I can either do a beef stew or a shepard's pie.

How many should we plan on feeding with each main dish?

prashka said:
How many should we plan on feeding with each main dish?

I'd say 5-6 people...ish...at a minimum?

I would say plan for a main dish to feed 10-15. I imagine it will be more like 40-50, but there will be a lot of food, and people will be picking and choosing small portions of things.

Please remove me from the list. Won't be bringing veggie trays.

I went to go get pork and start cooking yesterday, but I couldn't find the right kind, so I'm going with lasagna instead. I hope that's okay. It's pretty good, if i do say so myself. :)

prashka said:
I went to go get pork and start cooking yesterday, but I couldn't find the right kind, so I'm going with lasagna instead. I hope that's okay. It's pretty good, if i do say so myself. :)

Cool.
I hope 20 lbs of chicken will be enough for my dish.

Back