In a corner of the tavern (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a shrug of his shoulders Crow mulled over his once again empty mug, pondering another pint. "If rumours be true, I have heard that Garridan was once a gypsy and was accompanying the king as well as Az'Caine on a mission when they came upon a dragon. The conversation apparently didn't go very well because Garridan came back a human. This all happened before I had met Garridan so I cannot prove any of it."

"Now that I think about it, I did hear mention of Garridan being a gypsy in the past. Not that I could really tell- humans and gypsies seem so similar to me." She sips her hot chocolate. "They even smell the same. I wonder if he's related to Nadia."

She takes another sip and then yawns widely. "Hmm.. I wish I had time to catch a quick naaaa-" The end of the word nap is lost to another yawn. "Goodness! I'll have to switch to coffee, at this rate. And I still have some things to do before the king's party." She looks to her companions, "are you guys excited for the party? I've never been to a masquerade before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm going to be a little nervous about not having my weapons on me, though."

"It will be a lovely event I am sure. Speaking of such, I should go find a mask for it. Be seeing you." Standing from her seat, she then left the tavern.

"I believe I'm actually going to be going with Derya, I even made her a mask. I don't know what I'm going to do for it, my family doesn't exactly... party... or dress up. Luckily it is hard to disarm me, so if things get hairy just make sure to stick close to me alright?"

Kai nods goodbye to Hyväksyä as the dark elf leaves.
She says to Crow, "I have a new dress for the occasion, but I haven't found a satisfactory mask yet. My muzzle is making it hard to find something that fits right, and it's not like I could really disguise who I am anyway--" she gestures to her ears. "The best I can do is try to look elegant and not make a fool out of myself in front of the royals- which will probably be harder than it sounds. As for hairy situations, I seem to be the master of hiding behind other people-" she blushes more than slightly. "And I do appreciate the offer."

She finishes her drink, and sets the mug on the table. "Speaking of, I should get a move on. I still have a fitting for my dress to check on." She repacks her gear carefully, settling her bag on one shoulder, and her cloak over-top that. "See you there!"

Pushing open the heavy door, Phelan steps into the ogres head. "Hail and well met. A veteran of the breach is dying of thirst. Lass can you draw me a mug of your best ale".

Looking over the crowded tavern. Phelan catches a glimpses of orange fur. Turning his head towards the figure, a familiar scent tickles his nose. "Kai!! How is my favorite Fox-kin? "

Last edited:
Halfway to the door, Kai spots Phelan. "PHELAN!! SQUEEEEEE!" She runs across the tavern, and launches herself at him in an exuberant full-body hug! The wolf-kin staggers slightly upon impact, and she just hangs there for a moment before lowering her feet to the floor and unhooking her paws from around his torso.

Realizing what she's just done, she blushes a deep scarlet, and her gaze drops to the floor as her cheeks burn. She pivots the pointed toe of her left boot on the floor, looking intently at it while she talks. "So, um. How's things?"

Laughing Phelan returns Kai's hug. " Im doing much better after such a welcoming. I had to take care of some important things that came up back home at sanctuary and with the winter court. But those are stories I can tell you another time as it seems that your in a rush. Is something amiss?"

Her ears perk, embarrassment forgotten. "Oh, nothing's wrong, I just have a lot to do before the king's big party."

She tells Phelan briefly about being invited to the masquerade. "... And I wouldn't expect to be important enough to be noticed, but I'm invited. Pretty much everyone I know has been invited, I think. And I have a lovely new dress, but I have a fitting to check on..." she glances at the door.

Kai gives Phelan a more subdued hug, and then says, "I really do have to be going though. Now that you're in town, I'm sure an invite will catch up to you. I'll see you at the party." She slips past him and out the tavern door, leaving him to enjoy his ale in relative peace and quiet.

Chuckles and watches the exchange with a quirked brow as another pint finds its way too his table. As the wench drops off his grog, he finally decides that he should probably order some food, all things considered the library seems to only feed the mind rather than the tummy.

" Merry part lass " Phelan calls out to the rapidly receding Kai. A masquerade eh. I best find a bow again for my tail. He says to himself as he makes his way to the table

"Salutations and well met stranger." Crow began, sweeping an arm invitingly to the chair across from himself. "I cannot say that we've met before, though with the reception Kai gave you I can only assume you're from the Breach?" Sitting back in his chair Crow adjusted one of his feather earrings, the glow from the candle lit table dancing off of his painted face.

With a nod of his head, Phelan joins the stranger at his table.
" Merry met neighbour. Yes you heard right, I am of the Breach". Phelan takes a drink of the heady ale from his mug as he looks over the stranger. " Phelan Marrok, deputy and veteran of the wonderful place we call the breach. And who might you be?"

Inclining his head and lifting his now full glass, "People just call me Crow at the Breach, I'm a member of the earth weavers and a friend to anyone that requires my skills. When you say deputy, do you mean under sheriff Isawda?"

" Always glad to meet one of the earth weavers. " replies Phelan with a respectful nod of his shaggy head. " Yes the sheriff brought me on some months ago to help keep some order and peace in the Breach. I have been away for a time now though, taking care of personal matters back home atSanctuary. What brought you to the oh so peaceful Parsons Breach?" Phelan says with a wolfy grin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back