In Search of Powerful Memories!

Marsters, I look forward to meeting and speaking with you!

K'Tarn, I would be glad to share a little memory with you!

In my youth, I was far spryer in my younger days than I am now, and I would love to go swimming. On warm summer days, I would go out to the river and creeks near my home to dart through the water. The water was always so sparklingly clear and beautiful, and one day, I decided to see if I could find anything in the sand at the bottom of the river. Treasure hunting was always so exciting. I mean, I typically never really found much more than broken bottles, interestingly-shaped stones, and the occasional broken piece of a weapon, but it was still entertaining nonetheless.

That day wasn’t too different from all the others on the treasure-hunting front. I raked my arms through the smooth sand at the bottom of the river, but I only just found some interesting shells. I was so focused on feeling around in the sand that I wasn’t paying attention to what else might have been in the river. A huge eel, jet black and nearly ten feet long, was gliding its way down the river toward me, but I didn’t realize it until mere seconds before it was upon me. Fear pulsed through my heart at the sight of the thing, and as I saw it open its vicious maw, I propelled myself up toward the surface as fast as I could.

But I wasn’t quite quick enough. The eel managed to snare the side of my leg on the tip of its teeth, and I could feel the pain of it rip up through my body. The pair of us thrashed around, and to my relief, I managed to wriggle free from its toothy grasp. I flailed madly, trying to reach the shore, and as I flung myself out of the water onto the smooth sand, the horrid creature sailed away down into the depths of the river and out of sight.

I lay for a while on the side of the river, thoroughly exhausted from the struggle and with my bleeding leg throbbing and aching, and soon a young woman came down to the river with fishing supplies. She was dressed in leather and fur, one of the people of the tribe that dwelt near the river. She saw me, and came closer to see what the matter was. I asked her to please help my bleeding, and without another word, she helped bind my leg with some cloth. Once I was bandaged, we sat for a long time on the beach speaking to one another, and we really bonded. She understood me so well, I understood her even better, and she even said that one day, she would find and kill that lousy eel for me! Even back then, I loved to hear the stories and memories of others, and I learned all about her tribe, what their customs were, and the great stories of what her people had done throughout the years. It was wondrous, and we became inseparable friends for the next few years, though she never did actually find that eel.

To this day, I am not fond of rivers. My leg has long since healed from the wound of the eel’s bite, but I do not swim much anymore, out of some lingering fear of what hides in the water’s depths. However, I still think back to that day with fondness and delight, and thank fate for that vicious eel. Without it, I never would have met the wonderful girl that became my friend.

How was that, K'Tarn? That is one of my favorite memories, one of those that warms me inside whenever I think of it. Anyone else have any memories like that? Ones that make you smile with contentment as they enter your mind? Tell us! We'd love to hear them!

- Divirian

Uh, adventurers?

I just want to say thanks for gettin' that, uh, thing off of me. Wish there was somethin' I could do to show my thanks, but I haven't got much. Even the farm's all run down now, since I apparently haven't been taking care of it at all these last months; looks like it's just been some filthy camp for goblins, trolls, and goodness knows what else. I can hardly believe I've been doin' things without knowing it since October... but now ya said it would be better, right? My head is still pretty woozy and I keep rememberin' small flashes of things I swear I've never done before, but I think it'll feel better with a bit more rest, and I'll make sure to let ya know if I "remember" anythin' important.

Again, thanks so much, and sorry if I caused any problems. I owe ya one.

- Rob Pratchen

Nakira is glad the dream eater is gone. Still, wonders if there are more like it. I hope you and others enslaved by dream eater are safe, not too damaged. Nakira knows that dream eater not pleasant, even if just had my mind touched for a small time. We learned much about trust from our failures, you should too. Be guarded.

Well spoken Nakira. Indeed, we should be careful about what we say not only here in the dream realm, but also to strangers during market day. As a community we have been overly trusting at times, and should learn from these past mistakes.

Help and guide each other, guard and protect each other, for together we are strong.

Walk with Honor,
~Victor

I take responsibility for not being my normally grumpy self when warning people not to talk to strangers on the Dream realm. Forgive me.

Squire Thorador Boulderfist

I certainly learned a thing about Gaden with this. I apologize for those I attacked while under the control of this creature. I wish I would have been able to strike a mortal blow on this divirian. At least I would feel some recompense for my actions.

K'tarn

Klinjaa said:
I wish I would have been able to strike a mortal blow on this divirian. At least I would feel some recompense for my actions.

Don't worry brother in arms - there will be more opportunities in the future to strike against our foes. Removing this threat was only one of several.

Walk with Honor,
~Victor

Was there some issue that occurred with this Divirian that was impacted by the sharing of stories by myself and others? If so I'm gravely sorry if I caused anybody harm through my own ignorance.

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan

ThorgrimStoneaxe said:
Was there some issue that occurred with this Divirian that was impacted by the sharing of stories by myself and others? If so I'm gravely sorry if I caused anybody harm through my own ignorance.

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan

Thorgrim,

Unless you've met someone, or that person has other adventurers vouching for them, assume they're the enemy, and they're probing you for information.

Remember, our enemies are as smart as us, if not smarter, and they hear and see all that goes on here.

Journeyman Eric Marsters
Circle Master, Encampment 42
Earth Guild of Wayside

Rob,

Just wanted to let you know that that hard slap to the face that you may have received from Fern? Yeah, that was from me. You're welcome. Glad you're better now.

--Val

Back