in the markets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtofd

Artisan
Mar wanders the markets making deals with traders for his furs the supply may have been meager this season but his work spoke for itself "i'll bring them soon" he says softly stopping at a stall that sold jewellery and the like he pauses wondering silently if it would be wrong to pick up something for ilsa as he looks over the trinkets.

Mar's thoughts are interrupted by the knock of a small silver shoe at his heel, followed by a bump from behind, slamming the front of his thighs into the Jewelers table. He turns to see two young girls no more than 14 or 15 years dressed in simple long purple gowns glaring back at him.

"Watch it," say's the girl closest to him. Without o much as an inkling of embarrassment she turns, once again, to her friend. "People can be so rude these days!"

They step off to the side. blocking the main counter for the [big]FUR and IRON- High Quality Armor and Weapons[/big]. Their conversation can be heard easily over the crowd.

"But seriously, I cant imagine it. Why on this plain would any girl with half a brain be milling about in the middle of the night? She must have been up to no good. She was practically asking for it by name."

"I know; Right? I mean, where was her mother? I don't even feel safe in the middle of the day with these mongrels about any more."

" Totally. Just the other day I saw a Hobbling trouncing around with a Bearkin the size of a house. That thing could rip a person in two."

"And have you seen that Wolfkin running around lately? Just as suspect as the rest; if not more. And the smell of it! I bet its fur isn't even gray under all that filth"

"At least at the farm they had the decency to keep their dogs muzzled"

Their snorts of laughter are cut short by the loud thud of an over-sized mallet slamming into the counter behind them. They jump at the sound and site of there disturbance. After a beat, the creature finally began to speak.

"Sorry" she says slyly. "Can I help you ladies with something?"

"n..no," says one of the girls, grabbing the arm of the other and dragging her back down the path.

"That's what I thought." she replies softly as she watches them leave. After a moment, she reaches out a delicate black paw and grabs the mallet by the handle; taking it with her back behind the rear curtain of the shop where the harsh clang of metal on metal can be heard once more.

Mars checks to make sure they girls hadn't stolen anything longe experience had taught him to be wary. His anger stired abit by how they talked of his friends "you little..." he begins cut off by the mallets whack. Mar watches the girls go then starts looking over the smiths work carefully.

The workshop is small and simple; but has clearly been well cared for over the years. To the left is a large iron grate spanning nearly the entire wall adorned with a full set of plate mail that had been soldered on in an anatomical formation, giving the appearance of an invisible guard standing at full attention. Various weapons of exceptional quality are equidistantly brazed to the grill surrounding the armor. Some have small tags hanging with various prices. Facing the grill is a small two-tier shelf cluttered with unkempt piles of armor in dire need of repair.

The Curtain at the rear end of the shop begins to ruffle, and after a moment small vulpine figure appears. She leans back eying the piles of work yet to be done; one paw resting at her chin, while the other rises to support her elbow. Her eyes flash in mars direction.

"Shop's closed," she says with a quick step towards the counter she lifts a large piece of parchment off the ground and pulls a nail and hammer from the tool-belt at her waist. "our head blacksmith had the brilliant idea of trying to deliver an item to one of our clients a few days ago right when that strange... I dunno, thing happened and everyone was knocked out. Fell down about 20 flights of stairs by his account. Said all he wanted to do add a personal touch, but I've no idea what he thought he was going to do once he got up there..."

"Sorry," she sighed, finally turning to face him. "that's nothing to do with you, I'm sure. We're not looking to take new clients, but if you or anyone you know is interested, the shop should be up for sale soon enough."

Noticing Mar still standing at the counter as she turns back to the well worn metal, she peers over her shoulder in his direction.

"Anything else I can help you with?"

"i'm sorry to say i don't know anyone looking to buy a shop why not just take it over yourselves?" he asks looking over the wares "from the look of the work your pretty talented"

Garridan arrives early to the marketplace with a purpose, he needs to locate the two Hoblings, Yetta and Artie, with some business in mind for both.

When Garridan is finished his business he heads off to the Arcane Sanctum, hoping he can gain access to the library.

Having no luck at the earth weavers guild. Phelan heads off to the market place to look for hamish at the forge. This looks like a likely place. he thinks. " well met neighbour. Have you seen hamish. He is one of the Parson breach defenders. "

Tossing one last scoop of coal onto the fire and giving the billows a pump, a dwarf steps around the forge. "Ya, I know Hamish. Have not seen him for sometime. Since my last visit out to the Breach." Reaching out his hand "I'm Dramm, welcome to the Hammer Outfitters forge. Is there something I can help you with?"

A short stout woman steps out from a horses stall, a lead rope in one hand, and closes the stall door behind her. "Yes, I am Donna" she says.

"Donna, I am Fredrick, Keeper for the earth circle and I was told you have some the best horses in Calanhelm. I need to purchase one for travel and I was hoping you could help out"

"Well met Frederick. I do think my horses are some of the best, but then perhaps I am a bit partial to them. Follow me." she turns and begins walking down the aisle of the stable. Stopping at one stall she points to a lovely grey horse in its stall "This is Berta, she is a 4 year old mare, very pleasant and smooth to ride even though she looks a little small." Moving to another stall, she pats the head of a golden colored horse residing there, who tries to nip at her sleeve "And here is Sunny, she is a good horse, but a bit of a brat." Strolling to a third stall she points to a larger horse, dark chestnut in color with a white strip on down his nose "Here is Blaze, he is a good lad, he isn't the fastest but he has great endurance to get you where you want to go." Proceeding to another stall, she says "And this here is Thunder, he is another good lad, one of his favorite things to do is sleep. Kind of the opposite of his name really."

"So, which would you prefer? My prices are fair, 2 gp including basic gear." She looks at Frederick and waits for him to decide which of her beauties he would like to take.

Fredrick takes a good look at all of the horses offered.
"The price sounds far I am leaning toward Blaze how is he when stressed a bit. Some of the places I have to go are not always safe and I need a horse that can keep a level head and move when required. Do you think he will do for that?"

"Oh yes, he will be good for that. Not much spooks Blaze, he takes most things in stride. Loud noises, water and even other animals don't usually bug him. I think the two of yo would get along quite well if you care well for him."

She walks back to Blaze and opens his stall door, grabs his halter and leads him out of the stall to the center of the aisle so Frederick can get a closer look at him.

"So, shall we saddle him up for you right now or will you be in town for a bit longer?" Donna asks.

"I will take him right now, I only have to go back to the earth guild to get my things anyway and I can take Blaze with me. I do need to leave tonight, there are a few things I need to do in faybridge before the festival and it is a long ride. "
"thanks very much for the help and here is your 2 gold"

Fredrick pays for the horse and waits while it is prepared for his departure.

Donna takes the payment, shaking Frederick's hand. Moving quickly she gives Blaze a quick brushing, then gets him geared up and ready for travel. Handing the reins to Frederick she says "Here he is, all bright and shiny ready to go. Take good care of him you hear. If you are ever back in the city I do keep some stalls open for boarding to visitors, I'll be happy to house Blaze here again when you are in town and give you discount for his care while here."

Waving in farewell Donna turns back to the stables and gets back to work, feeding and watering the horses.

Mobeus is seen walking through the markets, going to a few shops that sell herbs and flowers, he quickly scoops up a few items along the way, pays for them, and places them in his large blue sack before carrying on, it isn't long before he is lost to sight. Some of the local merchants talk to each other about why Mobeus would want to purchase anything related to sewer fungus and plants, saying the only way to get those would be to go there himself.

Fredrick enters the market looking for an alchemical shop. He need to find a few ingredients for potions required by the king and the earth weavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back