In the Meantime

RavenSly

Hey. I guess I'm a new guy here. Anyway, I just ordered the rulebook from Amazon, and hopefully get started as a player soon, but while I'm waiting for my copy of the book to ship, what should I be doing to prepare? I've been looking around and it sounds like any other questions I would have would be answered in there.

I have a basic idea of what I want my character to be like, but I still have to flesh him out a lot. So, what should I be doing for now? Should I contact my local chapter or be doing anything to prepare my character? I'm reading the digital copy of the handbook right now too, so I guess that'll help me with that part...Anyone?

Howdy and welcome!
You're starting in the right way, 95% of all possible rules questions are answered pretty well in the rulebook. If you'll be playing your first game as a PC soon, you can always start putting together your costume. Start shopping around or start sewing the basic parts of your outfit, and it'll be a big help come game time. If you need spell packets or weapons, you can start making those, too. Depending on what chapter is near you, you might be able to meet up with some folks at a Fighter's Practice or Faire Day before your first event, or even just find some folk to chat about the game with in person.
~Matt,
Head of Plot, Alliance Seattle

Hello and welcome to the Alliance.

The first thing would be to find out what chapter(s) you are close to / will be playing and contact them and provide them with an idea of the character that you want to play. I'm sure they would be more than helpful in assisting you to get your character concept in tune with the In-Game environs of their chapter.

Okay, that's what I thought. I'm in Minneapolis, so I would be classified with the Southern Minnesota Chapter. I'll go into their sub-forum and talk with them now I guess. I'll also begin working on my costume. There's a Party City near my house, so I guess I could go in there and look to see if they have anything useful for it.

RavenSly said:
Okay, that's what I thought. I'm in Minneapolis, so I would be classified with the Southern Minnesota Chapter. I'll go into their sub-forum and talk with them now I guess. I'll also begin working on my costume. There's a Party City near my house, so I guess I could go in there and look to see if they have anything useful for it.

ah ha! we have you now! the best thing to do right now is shoot us an email at info@mnalliance.com so we can get a newbie marshal in contact with you to help you through all the steps to set up a character and the like.

Back