In the Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
Morrigan enters the tavern and after requesting a couple drinks from the tavern keeper she takes a seat at a table. Once again she settles in to wait for Billin, she sent him a message earlier and by now he surely is in need of a drink so she knows it won't be long that she has to wait.

Glad for an excuse to take a break, Billin enters the tavern as per Morrigan's message, and spots the wedding notice on the board before seeing his friend at a nearby table.
The dwarf takes a seat, "Are one of those mine, or are we going to be here a while?" He asks good naturedly.

Laughing Morrigan slides one of the drinks over to Billin. "Perhaps a little of both" she says with a grin. "It's good ta see ya. I missed ya terribly the other day when I had at least 10 commissions for silvered weapons, I got them all filled but it was a long day spent in and out of me forge!" she laughs and takes a drink.

"First, I am pleased to say that Stigander has joined our ranks as my apprentice" she says with a smile. "Oh, and I joined the Home Guard."

"Also, the Engineer you hired came by. He has the plans for the wheel drawn up. Well, he made 2 plans, one for a water wheel and one for a mechanical wheel. The water one is the more expensive and would require us to find a water supply, so after discussing it with all the guild heads here in the Lux, we decided to go with the mechanical wheel option. We put it out the town to get donations to fund the building of the wheel and our comrades were vera generous! The funds needed to get started have been raised. More may be required later, dependin on how big we ultimately decide the wheel is going ta need ta be. Evo is thinkin that, if it turns out the wheel needs to be manned for a great length of time, he can summon an elemental to walk in it for us. But we shall cross that bridge when we get there I think. So, I will be sendin a message to the Engineer tellin him of our decision and ask him to come when convenient to get started on the buildin. 'Till then, the funds are being looked after by Evo." She takes a long drink and relaxes some, having delivered her news.

"And I didn't see one order for a silvered weapon, though being out of the way will do that." Billin joins his friend in the laugh and drink.

"That is good news, though at this rate the Outfitters will just be a branch within the Home Guard"

Billin nods along while Morriganis explains the situation with the engineer, taking slow sips of his beer. "I suppose a water elemental could also work as the water source..." Billin muses at the motion of one being summoned. "I should be able to help as well if any is needed." The dwarf then finishes his drink and orders another round. "My duties to Brighthammer are winding down and I should be free and finished them within the month."

Thanking the barkeep for the beer that is brought Billin leans forward conspiratorially. "So what is this about a wedding happening? And I thought Sarryn's last name was Remington, or did that change when the name of the lands changed?"

“Aye, Sarryn is gettin married. As ta tha name change, I am not sure when that happened. Should be a good time though. Will ya be makin it?”

“Speakin of Sarryn, he has been leadin groups into a mine ta try and get some special sky metal. But it’s apparently quite dangerous and he has been seeking knowledge on how to protect the miners from tha effects of the stone, he’s wonderin if the Hammer Outfitters know anythin. But I’ve been unsuccessful in findin anything myself, perhaps you may know of someone ta ask?”

Morrigan takes a drink if the fresh beer delivered.

"I do not know anyone off the top of my head that would have that specific information regarding sky metal, but I can ask around and do some research of my own." Billin says after having a few more sips of his beer. "I have not been to a human wedding before, do you know if it is customary to bring gifts?"

Taking a sip of her drink, Morrigan ponders her friends questions.

“I only met Solveig a few months ago, earlier this season. I am unaware if they knew each other before that but I don’t believe so. So it’s perhaps a bit of a rushed affair which can often be concernin’. But as my Ma always says ‘you can’t put a timeframe on love’.” Morrigan shrugs at this but you can see in her eyes that she too shares some reservations about the speed of this romance. She takes a sip of her beer before continuing. “I can only hope that they know what they are doin as I wouldn’t want ya see either get hurt. As for human wedding practices, I seem to recall that bringing gifts is commonly done, though I dinna know what would be appropriate. We should probably ask around some on that. Perhaps we could use our blacksmiths skills to forge them somethin’ nice.”

“Any research you can do on the metal would be appreciated. I’ve sent messages to as many HO guild halls as I could to see if anyone, anywhere, has any ideas. But you have access to the records of your people that I do not. Perhaps there might be something there that isn’t in the HO records.” Morrigan shrugs again, she is at a loss as to where else to look for information on such a rare metal.

"Just a few months? They hardly know each other!"
Billin takes a long sip from his drink trying to calm himself. Quieter he continues "I know that humans tend to do things faster but this seems reckless." Shaking his head Billin continues "I suppose there is not much we can do about it incase they are serious.."
Billin finishes his drink, "I was thinking of making a nice longsword for Sarryn, though I do not know what kind of weapons his betrothed uses."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back