Increase to Weapon Damage - Whetstone vs reckless Strength (with bonus strengthening question)

Lurin

Duke
I found an interesting thought problem.

Slay is based on base weapon strength, Reckless Strength increases base weapon damage by +1 (huzzah!) Whetstone increases damage by a weapon +1 and can't be used with any other effect that increases damage (total reasonable) My quest is does a Whetstone increase the 'base damage' of a weapon as per slay, or only the delivered damage as in critical attack?

I believe due to Stalwart shield that I could strengthen a magic blade for the sole purpose of using reckless strength, is this correct?

My quest is does a Whetstone increase the 'base damage' of a weapon as per slay, or only the delivered damage as in critical attack?
A Whetstone grants a +1 bonus to a particular weapon for 10 minutes, functioning as per the Critical Attack ability, after 30 seconds of Focus. This item cannot be used in conjunction with any other timed effects or abilities that increase damage. The item is consumed after the Focus cycle is completed and successful.

I believe due to Stalwart shield that I could strengthen a magic blade for the sole purpose of using reckless strength, is this correct?
Stalwart Shield allows the target to be Strengthened again by a character with the appropriate Smithing ability, unlike most enchanted items.

Upvote 0
Back