Information about the October Event with Directions!

TadRon

Spellsword
Hello all!

This thread is to help clarify many of the questions or concerns that have come up about the event in a few days. I will ask all people that are not me to refrain from answering the questions or concerns on this particular thread. That way I can make sure people are indeed getting the correct information.

1. Why are we playing on state land and not a camp? As many of you know but others might not, the girl scout and boy scout camps in town are not renting this year. This means we have to rent rustic campsites for this year. We are in the process of buying a permanent site but it won't probably be usable till late this year if we get it. This is also one of if not the busiest weekends of the entire year in TC so camping spots are at a high premium. To avoid all the hassle and to make sure we get a good game we have chosen prime state land in the middle of nothing so that we can enjoy our weekend alone.

2. What do I need to bring to camp here? I have taken care of all the permits and everything else we need including a portable bathroom for us. There is no running water and there is no pump water on this site. However there will be plenty of water for people to wash things, or to drink, or use for any other purpose. There will be no electricity either, so plan accordingly. Other than that you will need to bring a tent, or ask on the board if people have space for you in another tent, sleeping gear, your normal gear, and food. Some food will be sold in game by various people so if you want to go that route you can too.

3. I have never been to this site and I am worried I will get lost. Christopher has posted pretty good directions but here is the easiest way I can tell you how to get to our camp. If your coming from downstate, take 131 all the way up until you hit South Boardman, you can put that in your GPS. At the light at South Boardman you will take a left and go until you hit Williamsburg road about 8 miles or so up on the right, again at that point you can GPS Williamsburg road. Turn right onto Williamsburg Road. The VERY FIRST dirt road to your right will be where you want to go. Then partway up that dirt road down a couple of hills, you will see a road to the right that has a fork that connects to it, take a right on that. Go up a few hundred yards and you will see a big open area on the left, that will be us.

If your coming from the TC area you will just want to take Supply road down until it intersects with Williamsburg road and then take a left. It will be the VERY FIRST dirt road on the right then down a bit take another right on the first dirt road on the right and take that up till you see us on the left. The dirt road off Williamsburg road is Dead Horse Road. There is a little dirt road right next to Dead Horse, so make sure you take the very first dirt road there. There will be signs to mark each of those intersections (Hopefully). Please fell free to call me at 724-866-2204 if you need anything. I will more than likely not check texts so please call me.

4. I heard parking is way off and I will have to walk? That information is incorrect. We had discussed stuff as a team at one point but there is plenty of room for people to park in one area as long as its neatly done and should keep the immersion break to a confined area. A staff person will show you where to park after your unpacked at site.

5. What time can I arrive? You may arrive anytime you want after 1 pm. However, just be warned that game will not start till 9 or 10, shooting for 9. So if you get there too early you might have to entertain yourself.

6. Where do I set up?
The area is a big area and it looks like we will camp using the giant field and then play mods and things in the woods. This will give a cool open town feel I believe. So unless something changes you can feel free to come there and set up wherever you would like! It will be amazing!

7. Are tents out of game? Yes for all intents and purposes the tents that people sleep in will be out of game. I understand the problems that causes for people wanting to rogue etc, but tents are expensive and we don't want them getting damaged, so we are avoiding playing in them. You CAN have in game stuff in them, but you will not be allowed to go in the mid attack to hide if your engaging in the encounter. If an encounter begins in town and you want no part of it you may enter your tent, but please do not jump back and forth in and out during an encounter.

8. Campfires? There are areas to make campfires already there. I would ask that we contain our fires to those current areas. If that becomes a problem just let me know.

9. Camping can be a great experience!
Camping can be a very fun experience at LARP. While it is not what we are used to it can drive more of a sense of community when people help each other, and when we help each other see that it can be fun to disconnect from the world, including electricity for 36+ hours. It does take a little getting used to the first time or two but overall the good far outweighs the bad and hopefully you all will enjoy the weekend so much plot wise that you won't even notice the camping!

10. LCO info! Currently there is no cap for LCO items in TC. You can feel free to bring whatever. If it is non standard please let me know so I can ok it on site. Transforms or special powers from other places will be accepted as long as they are cleared through myself at game just so plot knows what is out there. There will also be a new Vacuum package deal for people who want some special powers of their own at game. I will post those up on another thread here:

https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/vacuum-packages-brand-new.35373/

I can't think of other questions or concerns yet but if people post some or let me know then I will keep adding to this list :). Looking forward to seeing you all!

Back