Information Regarding the Wheel of time series

paythin

Adept
Article I saw online. Read below!

Justin-

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series is headed to the big screen and video game systems. Film studio Red Eagle Entertainment readies not only big-screen adaptations of the novels, but video games as well. They've just launched Red Eagle Games, a video game publishing company that will oversee the release of video games to coincide with the launch of the movies. Red Eagle producer Rick Selvage explains the company's plans.

“We’ve got a huge running start with this property,” Selvage said. “We expect to have a game based on every movie, and we expect no less than three movies, though that depends on how well each does.”

In addition to the movie tie-ins, Red Eagle is also planning a massively multiplayer online game based in the Wheel of Time universe. At this point it's far too early to tell if fans of the series should be delighted or terrified. As for who is going to be working on the games, Selvage sets his sights high. "We want to hire the rock stars." Personally I'd hire game developers instead, but that's just me.

Frankly I'm frightened. Each book would be a 19 hour movie.

There is supposed to be 1 last book left that will be coming out in the fall of 09'. It's being written by someone other than Robert Jordan since he passed away this year. The other guy writing the book is using a first draft and many many pages of notes that Robert had to finish the last book. Even then I wonder how this will turn out since there were lots and lots of holes in the story that needs to be addressed.

Even Jordan said, before his death, that there was no way a single volume could tie up all the subplots he had written in in his enthusiasm. He intended to wrap up the major ones, and leave the minor ones for the fans to debate. :D

I'm cautiously optimistic about the games. The last Wheel of Time game back in 1999 was pretty innovative and interesting for it's day.

I remember buysing the game for a friend as a christmas present not knowing what it was since I never read the books at the time. Now looking back at what the game was it was unique for it's time. Now with Next-Gen systems it would be awesome playing a warder or Asha'man.

Back