Interviews

I am a senior at Rosemount High school taking a writing course for the University of Minnesota. My newest assignment is to write an ethnography and I decided LARP would be a great topic. I signed up for the Tides Coming In event as an NPC. For my ethnography, I need to get some half-hour interviews. It would be really helpful if anyone would let me interview them. I'm open either before or after the Tides event and during my downtime as an NPC. Or, if any other time during the week after Tides works better for you, just let me know and I'll do whatever I can to make that work for me too.
Thank you.

Hey,

I'll be available around 9:30am Saturday 23rd (day of the event) to be interviewed for this at the event. I can also give you a quick crash course of the rules itself afterward so you're able to immerse yourself within the game easier.

Feel free to reach out to me at Beni0051@d.umn.edu if this works for you and any other questions you may have!

-Ryan
Newbie Marshal and player of 2 years.

We ask that any interviews you may wish to ask people to participate in of their own free will happens outside of event days. Especially for one days where things are more condensed we need our players and staff focusing on being ready to game. Usually a written set of questions, or a skype call can get you what you are looking for.

As with previous attendees who intended it as part of a study for a school, or even news paper at times, you are NOT allowed to take or use any images or names without permission of everyone in the photo.

Please remember that many of our players come to play and relax, not be studied and if we deem a presence a disruption to the event, we will take steps to ensure that disruption does not continue.

That said, there is no better way to learn than by doing, and I'm positive you can find some people for interviews after the event or via e-mail or skype, and we are always glad to have a fresh face at the game.

I apologize; I should have thought more about maintaining the in-game atmosphere. I plan on being fully dedicated to my job as an NPC and don't want to be a disturbance to anyone. I would love to meet iwth anyone in the week after Tides Coming In or if a face-to-face doesn't work for you, then a Skype would be great too.

Thank you.

All the U of M campuses have the same gen ed requirements right? I take it this is for Writ 1120? (College Writing)

I'm up for helping you out, email is preferable and you can reach me at veldo003@d.umn.edu

(on a semi-related note, Ryan you're at UMD? why do I never see you D:)

Because I graduated in Dec 2009. :)

However I still use that email.

Back