Into the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coughing into her drink, Gabriella takes a few moments to try and rid the ale from her lungs. Settling herself down and rubbing at her to relieve the pain.

"A bit early to be thinking of that dont you think."

She slides the gold coin back over to Calans side of the table while looking down into her, ears now a bright red.

"But it nice to hear about the work your doing for the lux, good to know what resources there is avaliable."

Solveig chuckles at her friend.
“Yes, there are definitely resources, but only if we can get them... I am not well suited to this sort of work. Traps and fighting, that’s what I’m good at, not arguing with nobles...” she frowns and shakes her head.
“But, I’m glad to see the two of you spending these cold months together, finding good ways to keep warm?” She asks with a wink.

Calan clasps his other hand over top his friends and smiles.

“Thank you, it means a lot. But also shhhhh, about wedding talk. It’s a bit soon for all of that.”
Calans hands retract as his face fills with excitement. He reaches into one of his pouches and pulls out a beaded twine necklace. At its center is a stone wolf head.

“A child was selling these carvings back in Calanhelm, it made me think of you so I purchased it. I know my beading job isn’t all that fantastic so you might want to get something nicer to put it on. He only had one or I’d have gotten one for Sarryn as well. Call it a gift to celebrate the beginning of winter.”

Calan hands it over to Solveig. Then picks up his deck minus the three cards and begins shuffling them. He placed the deck down and once more pics up the cup and gives it a shake as though it may have miraculously refilled itself.

A quiet shuffling sound was heard at a nearby table, and there was the very quiet scratch of a chair moving before... "Here." Phalaenopsis whispered in Gabriella's ear, appearing rather suddenly to her right and dropping a vial next to her drink, "In case you'd like to feel less embarrassed and more amused for short while. Or maybe you won't have the presence of mind care anymore, I don't know." He took a sip from his mug and stood up, acting as though he hadn't been there since before Gabriella had entered, ans hadn't been spending all this time smiling to himself at a table in the corner and watching them from behind his book. "Hello, by way. I hope everyone's evening is going well."

Rohnan walked into the tavern and looked around. There were more people in here than she thought there would be. She stopped and admired the scene for a moment before coming over.

“My, it’s busy in here tonight. How’s everyone?”

"I'm doing just fine, relaxing with a book and a good drink, enjoying watching Calan and Gabriella move faster than a glacial pace." Phalaenopsis replied to Solveig, giving Calan a hug while watching to make sure they didn't smack horns again by accident. "I overheard you and Sarryn are struggling with getting taxes from your lands, though?"

Solveig returns her gaze to Phal. She sighs deeply.
“Yes, it’s been very frustrating. We are owed 50 years of taxes and haven’t received a penny. We have plans for outfitting the Lux but as it stands now, we can’t do much. As I’m sure you remember from high tea, noble activities aren’t my forte.”

(Responding to Phal)
Jumping slightly at the voice, Gabriella takes the vial and begins to examine it.

"Thank you for the ...interesting gift. Maybe not though, tonight's a night that already been more then entertaining"

Relieved to see some more friendly faces she waves at one of her many relatively new friends.

"Well, I mean, you were kind of just thrown into them rather suddenly, it'll take you time to adjust." Phalaenopsis offered, sliding over to give Rohnan a hug, "And you do have Lady Illandra to help, so consider asking her if you're struggling with the whole diplomacy thing. Come to think of it, we really should do another high tea, as the last one ended under, ah, less than ideal circumstances." He shot a pointed smile at Calan, and released Rohnan from the hug.

He raised an eyebrow at Gabriella, but his expression of confusion was quickly replaced with a smile. "I'll leave it with you, just in case. I can make more, if I need them."

((I have Crafting Committee duties, so I'll be away for about 2 hours. Sorry if that disrupts things.))

Rohnan nodded her head at Solveig. “Nice to see you Solveig, it’s good to know that we are going to be getting some noble support, even if it’s our own nobles who are the only ones who are supporting us.”

She returned Phal’s hug and gave him a smile. She didn’t realize how much she had missed him since she’s been gone over the last few months. “Nice to see you Phal.”

Last edited:
Calan narrows his eyes at Gabriella, “maybe you should take that and hold onto it.” Calan clears his throat. “You know for when I inevitably get even with you for dumping snow down my shirt, or when I read that letter.”

Grinning at the recent memory it was followed by a reminder of her actions. the chilled feeling of her still wet hemline of her skirt from the melted snow still brushed against her legs.

"Well maybe you should learn how to be a bit nicer to those who are willing to deal with all your tricks. Who knows maybe they might just be nicer back"

Now distracted by the growing numbers she smiles as she stands to make more room at the ever shrinking table, which was made for at most four people. Grabbing the vial she tucks it neatly away in her pouch and gives Phal a nod of thanks. Grabbing her now empty mug. She eyed Calans mug that sat in a similar state.

"Would you like me to grab you a another drink while I am filling my own?

Rohnan put her hands on Gabriella’s shoulders and pushed her back down into her chair. “Don’t be silly, you sit and relax. I’ll get the next round. Calan, can you help me carry the drinks?” Rohnan said to her kinsmen, giving him a meaningful look as she did.

As the two walked away from the table Rohnan could be seen whispering to Calan

(conversation taken to pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back