Into the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Gabriella was walking away Calan had jumped backwards and stumbled into the door way. The doors had opened up. A fog cloud briefly fills the first few feet of the coat area as Calan vanished into it.

Rohnan stood up from the table and finished her drink and headed over to see what the commotion was about. She arrived in time to see Calan get swallowed by the fog and the door to the outside close behind him. Rohnan went and opened the door and the fog also surrounded her. “Well fu-“ she was saying as the door shut behind her.

The door closes behind Rohnan “ck are you doing?” As the fog dissipates Calan can be seen making a snow angle in the ground a ways from the tavern.
He doesn’t respond to Rohnan with words instead he balls up snow and tosses it at her. This exchange goes back and forth until Solveig and Gabriella opens the door. Calan tosses a snowball at the two of them.
“Come to join us have you?” Calan tosses another snowball at them.

With a snow ball to the face Rohnan’s had twitches towards her wand for a brief second before she bends over balling up a handful of snow and throws it at Calan instead.

Solveig released a sigh. After the summer, she didn’t know what to expect and this was a welcome change of pace. She sheathed her sword and began to laugh as she reached down and picked up snow for a snowball.

A snowball pegs Calan in the horns, his face scrunches up at the sensation of it.
“You know what? I’m done.” He tosses one last snowball and heads back inside where it’s warm.

Laughing at the scene before Gabriella shouts at Calan from across the way.

"You got hit with one snowball, and your already calling it quits."sighing" I had expected better"

Expecting the worse Gabriella steps inside..

Last edited:
“Something, something stamina..... something.” Rohnan sighed, “Damn, I’m usually better at these.”

Calan made his way back to the table and sat where Rohnan had been sitting before he left. He reaches over to where Phal was sitting and pulled his cards back towards himself and began shuffling the deck.

Taking one glance outside, then one back at the table, Gabriella sways between the two decisions. One way she gets to join in the fun and start her own attacks on the friends outside. Or she could stay inside and continue to dry off from her past encounter with snow. She steps back in the tavern, knowing full well that if she were to join the fray outside, she would have enjoyed a humbling loss.

She makes her way back to the table, takes her seat back and goes back to watching Calan hands shuffle the cards. The cards sliding and slipping against each other with a practiced ease.

((I'm playing a lot of catching up, sorry. Typing on my phone is a massive pain.))

"I see." Phalaenopsis said, and he winked conspiratorially at Gabriella as Calan plopped himself on his lap; he participated in the initial cheers without unseating the other Tari-Nor, but supporting Calan with one arm and reaching to grab his mug from the table was, to say the least, an exercise in awkwardness.

"Even if the custom wasn't usually, as Gabriella says, to have the chaperone be either her father or close female relative, I think I'd make bad chaperone, since you don't listen to me when I tell you no, anyway." Phalaenopsis teased, speaking more into his mug than to the table. He participated in the cheers to finding love that Calan raised, and briefly considered offering Calan a Hallucinate when they returned home, so he could perhaps more fully enjoy the vision he'd described, but was cut off by Gabriella requesting Calan meet her in the cloakroom in private; he smiled at the hair ruffle and waved at Calan's departure.

"Then let us hope Calan is a cunning linguist." he said, continuing Rohnan's quip, "And you'll be happy to hear you're missed terribly; it's very quiet around the house with both you and Jinn out of the city, and I think I've been spending a little too much time absorbed in my work. On the plus side, part of that work is coming up with Alchemy that tastes like something other than fruit, so someday soon I might have more than just vanilla cake Intoxicates perfected. I look forward to hearing from Gabriella about my latest attempt. I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying your study of Conjuring, does this mean you'll be joining Jinn at the next rank in the Sanctum soon?"

Whatever answer Rohnan might have been about to give him was interrupted by a bang from the cloakroom and Gabriella shouting Calan's name; Rohnan got up to investigate, while Phalaenopsis merely shook his head. 'What happened now?' he wondered, slowly rising from his chair, 'It sounded more worried than scared, but Calan isn't exactly incapable of handling himself...' As Solveig left to join Rohnan, Phalaenopsis made his way to his original table, took a quick inventory to make sure nothing had been taken in the minutes he'd left it alone, and gathered his book and his box under one arm; he was on his way to the door when they all came back into the tavern proper, saw they were merely covered in snow as opposed to blood, bruises, and cuts, and made his way back to their table with a lighthearted roll of his eyes. 'It figures, Rohnan is back for less than 12 hours and already he's making people worry about him.'

He was seated at the table again by the time they'd returned, and disguised his smile by taking an extended drink as Calan began shuffling the cards again. "Hmm, my thoughts?" Phalaenopsis mused, making a gesture to his own horns, "You need to learn how to duck." He giggled at his snark, but then paused while he thought more seriously about the question. "I'm just happy people are feeling better; this past summer kind of ran a lot of people through the emotional grinder. There's been so much focus on shutting the Dark Reaches that private struggles took a back seat for months, and now it's just good to see people tackling what they can to at least stabilize themselves again. You and Rohnan especially seem to be doing better, now that you're focusing on things other than Jinn's extended vacation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back