Into the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohnan paused for a moment watching the snow fall before she too reentered the tavern. She came back into ear shot to hear Phal talk about closing the dark reaches. She was fully seated at the table when he had finished his words. She gave Calan a sideways glance. He was right, they needed to talk to Phal. She also couldn’t help but feel guilty. “To be perfectly honest, I’m not actually overly focused on conjuring at the moment.” She drumbed her fingers on the table as she thought her words out. She looked down at the Sanctum badge that she wore with its lonely two pips. She wouldn’t be surprised if she was back down to one soon, but that’s an issue for latter. “I’ll tell you more about it when we go home. It’s a discussion better had where we won’t be overheard.”

Using the back of her hand, Gabriella tries to stifle her yawn.

"If that's the case then I think it's about time I head back. Who only knows what they have on the books for tomorrow."

Standing up she gives Calans hand one more quick squeeze before letting go.

" and dont be such strangers will you, it does get a little tedious in the library and a little side research can make most days be a little more entertaining, so if you know anyone who needs some help.."stifling back another yawn" be sure to send them my way.

With that she makes her way back to the cloak room.

Calan nods in agreement with Phals words.
“Yeah it is a nice change” he says in response.
He then smiles at Gabriella as she leaves.
“Sleep well!” He says as she leaves.

Calan turns towards Rohnan

“Shall we make our way home then?”

Last edited:
Phalaenopsis nodded and waved at Gabriella as she departed. "I'll make sure to pay you a visit when I can. Let me know how my experiment went, when you have time."

Trying to keep his expression cheerful, he forced a smile and nodded at the suggestion they head home for the night. "I'll just finish my drink, and see you at home; I've still got a bit too much to just chug in one go." he said, "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Unless someone hits me in the horns with a snowball."

Rohnan schooled her face to look innocent “who would dare to attempt to do something like hitting you in the horns with a snowball?”

"Perhaps the same person who hit Calan in the face? Unless he came in with snow on his face from tripping into a snowbank." Phalaenopsis shrugged, "Which isn't exactly outside the realm of possibility."

“Sounds like Rodenzie children. Nasty buggers. But nothing you can't handle yourself with all your armour and weapons.” She shrugged. “Or we can be good friends and wait for you to finish your drink. I missed you guys”

"Hmm, if it's kids I think I might ask them to taste-test my experiments." Phalaenopsis replied, taking a drink, "Although probably not the kind I gave Gabriellla..." He looked at his box in thought. "But I don't think I even came close to getting the caramel flavor right, so it might be for the best that I keep that particular batch to myself."

“What’s supposed to be caramel flavoured? Or, alternatively asked, what kind of weird nights are you planning on getting up to on your lonesome?”

Phalaenopsis merely smiled mischievously in response, and took another drink. "Is this you volunteering for taste-testing, or...?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rohnan shrugged “I can definitely say that it wouldn’t be the first time that I would be blindly sampling alchemical substances in the persuit of research.” She smirked, “Plus I don’t think that you would purposefully give me anything that would kill me at least not to the point that I would be taking a trip through the circle. Although.... I guess if you did want to kill me I basically just told you how. But.... I don’t think that you would. I mean.... I don’t think I’ve given you a reason to. And unlike Calan,” Rohnan turned her head to look at the other Sylvanborn at the table, “you aren’t likely to kill me for lack of anything else around to kill.”

“Hey now, I think giving Phal reasons to kill me is more than an exaggeration.”

Calan realizes that Gabriella had taken the cloak he lent her; no worries he thought it would be a reason to go call on her latter.

“If you’re offering up mystery vials Phal I’ll be more than happy to try one or twelve.”

“Face it Phal, you’re living with a group of people with very little regard for our wellbeing. I’m pretty sure that if Jinn were here he’d volunteer as well.” Rohnan’s face went dark as she stared at the grain of the wooden table and tapped her nails on the empty mug in front of her.

"Well... just know that since the magic shift near the beginning of Summer, I haven't been able to make anything toxic enough to cause an instant death; even using the same ingredients as my recipes from 2 Summers ago end up strangely inert and harmless. And I didn't experiment with the aconitum napellus in case someone accidentally drank what I made." Phalaenopsis offered, "So anything I give you will at best be a fun time and at worst cause discomfort for a while. But if you do want experimental vials, I'll give you some tomorrow."

He finished the last of his drink, set his mug down quietly on the table, and stood up. "But it seems like whatever you need to tell me is very serious, so how about we head home now that I've finished my drink?"

Rohnan nodded her head and stood from the table, not really focusing on anything, clearly her mind was elsewhere. She started to move to the exit and outside not paying attention if the others were coming with her or not.

Last edited:
Phalaenopsis grabs his box and book off the table, leaves a tip for the tavern staff, and heads for the door. It had been a long day, and seemed to be turning into an equally long evening; but at least the house would feel more complete with Rohnan back.((He makes sure Calan and Rohnan are with him while leaving, of course, but he's making his exit; if you guys have more to say to each other, assume he waits for you at the door. :) ))

Calan follows behind walking out into the falling snow. Calan waves goodbye to Solveig as he exits.

Last edited:
Solveig nods to her friends as they leave.
She then orders another drink and breaks out her quill and paper to write what felt like her millionth letter this winter. She sighs and stares thoughtfully at the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back