Introductions

Nezumi

I feel there have been many miscommunications and misunderstandings between not only myself and some of the adventurers but between other adventurers as well. I have not been formally introduced to many of you. Where I am from there is a herald, seneschal, or steward in charge of recording newcomers and introducing them to the nobility or those in charge. In my culture, it is unheard of, even a crime at times, to walk up to a noble, interrupt their conversation, and introduce yourself; you are to wait for an intermediary to bring you to the noble when they are ready and be presented to the noble that way. Since I am still uncertain the protocol in your culture and even who is noble and who is not, I have decided to step forward here in the dreaming and introduce myself to you all as a whole. I am hoping to hear back from as many of you as possible so I will know who you are, instead of just guessing from what I overhear.

People call me Smalls. I am from a large family of foxkin in the lands of Kushanari in Wayside. I enjoy studying magic and history. I am versed in both Earth magic and Celestial magic, though I only dabble in Celestial, for I much prefer the healing properties of Earth. Because my body is weak and intolerant to pain, I am incapable of using weapons. I have tried to learn many styles, but am unable to do any of them. Even though I am unable to hunt and kill our food as many foxkin do, my family still taught me how to track since it is tradition. I grew up hearing the exciting stories of adventurers and wanted to have some adventures of my own.

This leads me to one of the major misunderstandings I seem to be facing. Before I continue, I want you all to know I mean no offense to anyone with anything I say here. I wish to clear up this miscommunication. I am new to adventuring despite how educated I am in magic. I know many new adventurers show up with barely any skills in weapons or barely even one spell in memory. I am possibly as well versed in magic as some who have been adventuring for a season or two. This does not make me a well seasoned adventurer. I am as new to adventuring as Keladry; we have been to the same number of market days. My first time with the adventurers was late fall at the banquet. Since then, I have been to the gathering last month and this month, though I did attempt to make the market day in Wayside, but due to illness was unable to. Keladry was also at the gathering last month and this month as well as one small gathering the month before last. True, I started before her in time; however, there was no adventuring during the winter season which means we have the same amount of experience at these market days. I am sorry, Keladry, if you take offense at me using you as my example. You spoke to me about being new to the adventurer's life so I knew we were similar in that way.

I hope this clears some things up. If anyone has a question for me, please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

I look forward to hearing introductions from the rest of you.

Keep your wits about you,
Smalls

Greetings Smalls,

You are well met and welcome here. I am Sir Victor von Gryphon, Knight of the Stayed Blade, a unique title that was given to me at my knighting cerimony by Duke Idden and Barron Westguard. I serve the Crown of Gaden, His Royal Highness King Talon Gaden. There is another noble in Horizon, Lord Asher Oakheart. I shall let him introduce himself. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to seek either or both of us, and we will listen.

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor von Gryphon
Knight of Gaden

I take no offense to the comparison, Smalls. And, in fact, I appreciate this clarification. I was under the impression you were a well seasoned adventurer based on your skills with magic. I'm glad there are more adventurers still learning the ways of this life style, besides myself. If you want to compare information on what you've learned so far, feel free to contact me.

~Keladry Tanna

Back