Is the Alliance still active?

Considering the daily posting by dozens of people on this forum and numerous events scheduled for this and next year, I'm not really sure where you got the idea that we're not active, but rest assured, we're plenty active! I recommend checking out the main website where you can find the rulebook, the event calendar, and contact info for the chapter nearest to you.
www.alliancelarp.com

Right now, you're posting in the national forum. We have chapters from New Hampshire to Oregon, so this is for general discussion among all of us.

Go to the main boards, scroll down, click "Oregon," then "Out of Game" if you want to post or look for answers to your questions about the local campaign.

gameplayercj said:
Thank you! I must ask. Is this a general LARP forum, or the Oregon chapter?

Oregon is active. We just had a gameday this past Saturday.

For a lot of the US, this is the off season -- even so, we usually have a lot of activity and spirited discussion in the off season. For some strange reason, the activity on this board has been uncharacteristically low over the last few days. Don't let that dissuade you. As you discovered, if you post you will usually receive plenty of responses.

:cold: :cold:

Ondreij said:
For a lot of the US, this is the off season -- even so, we usually have a lot of activity and spirited discussion in the off season. For some strange reason, the activity on this board has been uncharacteristically low over the last few days. Don't let that dissuade you. As you discovered, if you post you will usually receive plenty of responses.

Well, the usual off-season rules discussions are a bit pointless just now until we know what's changing. :thumbsup:

Wraith said:
Ondreij said:

Well, the usual off-season rules discussions are a bit pointless just now until we know what's changing. :thumbsup:

Urp? No one is going to start the rumors as to what is changing?

Boy, it's gonna be a long and boring winter. :watsup:

Ondreij said:

From what I hear the owners passed a new National Plot ordinance. A Fortannis shattering event will happen when an ancient dragon aspect called Lifetail awakens in an ancient place called Shallowholm.

Lifetail will erupt from from the depths of Shallowholm to sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the races and kingdoms across the Alliance race to the epicenter of the "cataclysm", the they will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.

:shades:

WoW! What a Cataclysmic event!

Ondreij said:
Wraith said:
Ondreij said:

Boy, it's gonna be a long and boring winter. :watsup:

Speculating is pretty pointless when there are folks who've known what's changing since September, and who can't talk about it. I could write reams on what I'd -like- to see change, but I have long had the feeling that my view of the ideal state of the game isn't much compatible with some of our players.

Fynwei said:
(please note the sarcasm in the above two posts)

:zonks: I think you should have said "please note the sarcasm in the above THREE posts", just in case MY subtlety was lost on people...

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
I heard that we're getting a psionic class that uses power points instead of spell slots.

Ooh that will really well complement the whole new steam punk atmosphere and the steam powered construct race.

I hear games next year will be held at sites with actual castles, although the boiling pitch was voted down due to safety concerns :-(

Lurin said:
I hear games next year will be held at sites with actual castles, although the boiling pitch was voted down due to safety concerns :-(

That's ok. The trebuchet are sufficient. :whaa:

wolfan said:
Dan Nickname Beshers said:
I heard that we're getting a psionic class that uses power points instead of spell slots.

Ooh that will really well complement the whole new steam punk atmosphere and the steam powered construct race.

TEA GOLEMS INBOUND!!!

Also, I heard about that new "Callahn" race. Bloodsucking fae? Yes plz.

Really? I heard there is going to be a new class zombie/ninja/ghost/pirate.

Back