Is there an IG market for potions and scrolls?

Good morning,

I am currently deciding on the character type I am going to play and I am considering playing a Merchant style character for a period of time for a few reasons, most importantly I have always been that type of player anyway and I enjoy playing within the economy, I think it is a good way to interact with a new group of players and it could give me a bit of a jump start in the treasury department. This brings me to the major question I have in regards to this.

Is there a market for potions and scrolls? I know the game has a fairly high power level as a general rule and I was thinking it was possible, that there would be little need for such items and therefore a waste of skills. If it is something that is very useful in some chapters and not others, then that might still be something worth looking into and doing deals over the mail etc...which I am open to the idea of.

A loosely related question, in the game as a whole, is the set of components and scroll for Spirit Forge fairly accessible? This could be a good option if I give the merchanting a shot for a period and it is not ultimately fun, but not if it is super rare.

I would appreciate any and all feedback you might have.

Many thanks,

Kevin Green

The market question really does depend on the chapters you play in and how many other crafterfolk you're competing with. NH, for example, has a dwarf artisan who is in his low 40s and doesn't participate in combat, so he puts out a LOT of production items.

Spirit Forge is pretty rare.

Thanks Dan, that pretty much answers the question for me, since I will primarily be in NH. I cannot imagine the chapter can absorb two characters production like that so it would likely cause me to have to try to move a lot of it off board, which is much less fun in my experience.

The Spirit Forge piece being rare as well, makes the decision even easier.

Thanks for the input,

Kevin

Back