It can't rain all the time...

Well the trip up to Des Moines from way eastern iowa was "fun". The trip takes about 2 and a half hrs. one way normally and and 157 miles. This weekend that trip took Tara and I 6 hrs. and about 345 miles. Yay 5 hr. energy. Had a nice time as always in DM. So to show how much I missed I-80 this weekend that's 677 miles around trip where it normally takes 315. :shock:

Well, that was a fun night. We are currently just over 100 miles off the east coast heading north. I guess when we were told that the Captain wanted to attempt to outrun the coming thunderstorms, he wasn't kidding! We went straight out as fast as the ship can go for several hours before turning north. A bit of a bumpy night, at just over 10 foot seas. Kind of like sleeping in a hammock if you close your eyes...not too bad. Saw some great lightening from the flight deck as we watched the building thunderheads. Amazing view. Then we all went and hid inside. Figured that was smarter than standing on a metal deck...leaning on metal rails...in puddles of water...

This morning was clear and hot with absolutely NOTHING in sight except for the horizon. Exercise done, we're on our way home.

jnelson said:
Well, that was a fun night. We are currently just over 100 miles off the east coast heading north. I guess when we were told that the Captain wanted to attempt to outrun the coming thunderstorms, he wasn't kidding! We went straight out as fast as the ship can go for several hours before turning north. A bit of a bumpy night, at just over 10 foot seas. Kind of like sleeping in a hammock if you close your eyes...not too bad. Saw some great lightening from the flight deck as we watched the building thunderheads. Amazing view. Then we all went and hid inside. Figured that was smarter than standing on a metal deck...leaning on metal rails...in puddles of water...

This morning was clear and hot with absolutely NOTHING in sight except for the horizon. Exercise done, we're on our way home.

Yay!

Back