Jack-o-lanterns at Halloween

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
I wanted to speak a bit about the month of October and the dangers come to the lands of Acarthia. As many know, the powers of wards fluctuate at this time of the years. No one knows entirely why, but rumors of ley line magics being syphoned off to the plane of dreams has been theorized. In practicality what it means is that often times during this time of the year, wards and wizard lock spells are not effective barriers to the dead that walk. It it widespread knowledge that posting a carved, lighted jack-o-lantern outside your dwelling will keep away undead during the Halloween season, however. Many creatures other than undead can move the jack-o-lanterns so make sure that they are checked before you go to sleep.

Jack-o-lanterns must be carved, and lighted from within in order to keep undead away. Painting a decorative pumpkin but not lighting it will not keep the undead away. Other forms of protection as in circles of power, haven of the living, proscribe circles usually do work during this month, just not wards and wizard locks. Still, be vigilant and make sure to sleep with your weapon near you during this month.

By my hand,
Sir Kendrick Eisenhal

OOG- Last year tags were not needed for the pumpkins, I don't know what the rules are one way or another on that. I'm sure plot will tell us. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Back