January 2009 Event!!! Three-day!

Alliance Seattle's next event is January 16-19, 2009 at Millersylvania State Park. This is a 3 day long event over MLK weekend. This event will be a Fortannis game.

You may Pre-Pay this event by using Paypal to send $72.50 to allianceseattle@gmail.com. Don't forget to put down your character name. You may Pay-no-Play by sending payment to this address as well. Do not send your pre-registration to this address. Pre-Pay pricing ends January 2nd. In order to qualify for the Pre-Pay price (so that you do not owe money at the door), you must also Pre-Register. Pre-Registration must be sent to logistics@alliance-seattle.com by January 9th.

If you Pre-Register by January 9th but do not Pre-Pay, your at-the-door price will be $80. If you neither pre-pay nor pre-register the cost at-the-door will be $90.

NPCing is now free if you let plot know you will be attending by January 9th. It is important that we know in advance how many NPCs we will be feeding before the game begins.

Current list of Pre-Pays received as of: January 2nd, 2009

PC:
David Vignola
Cymryc Moon
Vicki Pacillo
Paul Foisy
Matt Oostman
Carmen Swift
Mark Mensch
Ryan Zabawa
Carrie Smurr
Amanda Feigenheimer
Mark Walker
David Koenigsaecker
Jordan
Cassandra
Amanda Zeller
John Greenwood
Matthew Nottelmann
--James Powell-- (unable to attend but pre-paid)

Greg Ruddy

NPC:
Mevima
Lyra
Jesse
Emily Henderson
Andrew
--Michael Godwin-- (also unable to attend)
*Joshua + up to 4
*Seth's 6

Actually, the npc price for the January event is 0 dollars. We will have a high number of pc's and as a incentive for needing all pnc's we can muster we will not be charging to npc

What email address should transfers be sent to? I want to make sure you guys get the cards for the Chicago crew coming out...

I should be there as an NPC, Assuming my manager pays attention to my time off request this time.

Update: Got my work schedule I will be there.

As a stupid Californian, I have a question. At this January event, how high is the snow expected to be that we'll be romping around in? I have some low boots but if it's going to be deeper than a foot, I'll be needing to buy some new boots.

I live within 10 miles of the site and we only got about 15" of snow over the past week. It has been raining for a day or so and the weather is predicted to be in the 40's for the next week. I suspect that the snow at the event will either be non-existent or minimal by the time the event rolls around.

I'm sure someone will keep an eye on the weather for the next few weeks to help others be aware of what kind of weather protection will be appropriate.

~Mark Walker

Nigel said:
As a stupid Californian, I have a question. At this January event, how high is the snow expected to be that we'll be romping around in? I have some low boots but if it's going to be deeper than a foot, I'll be needing to buy some new boots.

As Mark noted, it is pretty unlikely that we'll have any snow. It's rare that we get any, and we've already gotten our share for the next few years :)

Bring socks. Lots of socks. When you think you've packed too many socks, throw in two more pairs. Dry feet make more of a difference in keeping warm and happy at an event than almost anything else. For a three day weekend, eight pairs is not excessive by any measure. That and layers, a big heavy cloak or overcoat is nice, but layers you can peel off as the day warms up or pile on as the sun goes down keep you from getting too sweaty and then chilled.

Don't worry about the snow, it just rained and there's practically nothing left in Olympia. Unless we get hit really hard again right before the event, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, updated.
Also, you've only got a couple days left to pre-pay before the discount ends!

So I'm plannin on NPCing for the weekend names Andrew and I sent an e-mail to I hope the proper place since this will be my first time.

- Can you also tell me the cost and account to paypal for pre-registration for first-time players?

- Do you have any detailed directions to the part of the park where the game is held?

- Is there any first-time player orientation on-site that I need to participate in?

Tristan Catesby said:
- Can you also tell me the cost and account to paypal for pre-registration for first-time players?

Matt will need to answer this one as I think we're past the prereg date :(

- Do you have any detailed directions to the part of the park where the game is held?

If you're coming from Seattle, this should do it:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=s ... e=UTF8&z=9

Once you get into the park, drive on the main road all the way to the docks (avoid the campground) and right before the water you will see a sign for the "Environmental Learning Center" to the right. Head in there and follow the road to the large building, where there should be other people and/or cars.

- Is there any first-time player orientation on-site that I need to participate in?

Have you played Alliance before? I can run you through the basics if you need them.

-Bryan Gregory
Alliance Seattle Head of Rules

Back