Javelins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had some simple questions about javelins. Since they were considered their own weapon apart from throwing weapons, I just didn't know if all the same rules applied. I haven't seen them used yet and was wondering if any of the following was possible...

1 - Can you throw Slays with a Javelin much like you can throw Assassinates with a Thrown Weapon?

2 - If you catch a javelin with your hands, do you still take the damage? I assume yes, just wanted to double check.

3 - How should I throw them? Would the long distance pass be considered poor form since headshots would be possible? Or should I go for the medium distance bullet pass to the chest? I just want to use them effectively while also staying with in the rules and of course as safely as possible.

Thanks.

Kantil said:
1 - Can you throw Slays with a Javelin much like you can throw Assassinates with a Thrown Weapon?
Yes.

2 - If you catch a javelin with your hands, do you still take the damage? I assume yes, just wanted to double check.
Yes. You should not be intercepting weapon strikes with your hand.

3 - How should I throw them? Would the long distance pass be considered poor form since headshots would be possible? Or should I go for the medium distance bullet pass to the chest?
Not to be a putz, but the answer here is "safely". What that means for you is entirely up to your skill level and throwing arm. If you find yourself hitting people in the head at range, do whatever it takes to stop hitting them in the head. ;)

JP
HoP - Oregon, Marshal - Oregon and Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back