Joining/membership inquiry.

Circe

Artisan
Hey, ladies and gents! I'm Donna and come hell or high water, I'll be joining the chapter for the upcoming season (and it'll be my first time LARPing, so bear with me). I just had a few questions about buying my membership and was directed to inquire with the local chapter, so I'm hoping someone might enlighten me a bit here? Basically what I want to know is whether I'm supposed to buy my membership first or after I've sent the legal release, or if it's preferred that I send a check along with the release. On a related note, are new members only able to buy the trial or can I jump for the full year? If I can only get the trial, should I wait to buy until we're closer to the opener? I wanted to get my character written and submitted as soon as I could manage, I'm just not sure in what order I ought to be doing everything.

First of all, welcome to Alliance LARP.

Secondly I would reccommend that you pay for your membership close to when you want to start going to an event. That way you won't have to worry about renewing during the season.

You can either do a trial membership or you can skip that and do a full year membership.

Greetings!

I run our Logistics and you and I will probably be conversing at some point to build your character and get your membership set up. Like Jim said above, I'd not worry about paying membership just yet since we won't be having another event until the spring. By then, we should have our all new Alliance HQ website online with much more detailed instructions on how to join, what to do, when to pay, and alot more.

In the mean time, if you have any questions at all, feel free to post in our forums here, or e-mail me directly and I can answer any of your questions about character creation/building, our policies and rewards for NPCing, and more.

-Robb
HQ Head of Logistics
ashburylog@gmail.com

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The help is much appreciated and I'll keep it in mind. And I'll almost certainly be getting in touch with you, Robb, as I'm a super newb right now and will really be needing the help when it comes to my character's build and whatnot. One more question: can I still create my character without having bought my membership yet? I already largely have her background planned out, I just need some biata background details.

I would like to take this opportunity to vouch for Donna's awesomeness.

I would like to take this opportunity to vouch all up on Maggie's ample bosom~.

Oh, you vouch that. You vouch it ALL.

I would like to take this opportunity to vouch for Donna's sweet, sweet biata and all of her insane radness. Ya'll should be EXCITED.

SON, I AM EXCITE. Also, your signature wins everything, Kris.

Circe said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! The help is much appreciated and I'll keep it in mind. And I'll almost certainly be getting in touch with you, Robb, as I'm a super newb right now and will really be needing the help when it comes to my character's build and whatnot. One more question: can I still create my character without having bought my membership yet? I already largely have her background planned out, I just need some biata background details.

yeah, we can get you in our database as unpaid and get you started with all of the building, and e-mailing of plot with your history. I can also get you a biata race packet so you'll have more to read about to understand the culture and how to choose a correct name and what feather colors mean and all that jazz.

You, sir, are a saint! I'd be extremely grateful to get a hold of the biata packet so I can write on the culture more specifically. If you can, just send it over to my e-mail (donna.hellmuth@temple.edu). Thank you so much for your help, I really, really appreciate it.

Cozy said:
SON, I AM EXCITE.

SON I CAKE.

Another biata?

I can hear jokes now about biata multiplying like rabbits.

As having a biata as a primary character, I am excited.

The more the merrier to plot to take over the duchy ... I mean share our wisdom with others.

Ain't no party like a biata party, am I right or am I right? I'm personally quite excited to hop on the fudge fiend wagon myself, looking forward to meeting you in and out of game!

kitsune85 said:
Another biata?

The more the merrier to plot to take over the duchy ... I mean share our wisdom with others.

Um, you're a little late to the party. The duke is a biata. His newest knight is a biata. It seems the duchy is already well in biata hands.

Duke Frost said:
kitsune85 said:
Another biata?

Um, you're a little late to the party. The duke is a biata. His newest knight is a biata. It seems the duchy is already well in biata hands.

Well, Jovunn did ask if biata just "Rub themselves together" to mate. Clearly, we are missing biata sex-ed.

Gwendara said:
Woot another biata! Welcome!

Thanks! :D

Cozy said:
Well, Jovunn did ask if biata just "Rub themselves together" to mate. Clearly, we are missing biata sex-ed.

Just imagine humping a goose down pillow. Lots of uncomfortably stabbing feathers.

Donna,

Welcome to the team so to speak. There's a ton of really good people all with open arms to help you out and support you. I look forward to playing with you even though you will never come within 3 feet of grim. Welcome to your new addiction

Kyle

Ezri said:
Ladies can we have one thread that stays PG?

Whoop! Sorry, nixing the lewdness.

Aggravain said:
Welcome to the team so to speak. There's a ton of really good people all with open arms to help you out and support you. I look forward to playing with you even though you will never come within 3 feet of grim. Welcome to your new addiction

Yesss, I am so looking forward to getting completely absorbed in this -- I'm already wasting half my class time thinking out my character and it's only going to go downhill from there. I'm pretty psyched to play out complete horror and revulsion the moment Grim comes within ten yards of her.

Back