Journal of a Barbarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Scrawled in rough pencil, on pounded homemade paper.

So I’ve finally arrived at the focal point of all my visions.
Parson’s Breach.

I was unclear as to why the spirits called me this far south until I witnessed how thickly infested this land is with necromancy and celestial magicks. Upon my first steps into this outpost, the smell of decay and magic was so thick I could almost feel it. I then saw a familiar face... Derya... yes that damnable elf from the ship that stole my coin after laying with me. She seems unchanged thus far, and I question why she’s come to the Breach... I assume she is scheming, though despite myself she is soft on these hard eyes and I still find myself having trouble keeping my guard up and be angry around her. Damn that woman.

I have done as these lands laws have instructed and registered with the Circle of the Earthweavers, though I am unsure whom I can trust in these infected lands so I have kept my true name from them. Fortunately Derya seems air-headed enough to have forgotten my name, thank the spirits that woman does not know the concept of ‘growing up’.

The politics in this town worry me already, my first day here I have seen these people mercilessly kill innocent gypsy’s, as well as come to the aide of lizardmen for no clear reason that I could see. My first evening here was marked with waves and waves of undead, easily over a hundred the first night. Apparently a powerful necromancer has been whispering in the ears of the residents. This means that I have a reason to stay in this town whether I like it or not, I also have prey to hunt and a trophy to claim.

I hope my family understands why I have not returned yet, I was supposed to have returned months ago however I can no longer ignore these dreams that I have had my entire life beckoning me south. I feel like I have finally found the reason that I was given the power to manipulate the earth, I feel like I finally have a purpose again. I hope that Stigandr finds me, he would enjoy the amount of battle in this town. But that’s an entry for another day.

-

After scrawling his entry the fur-clad figure replaces his small leather bound tome into his hip pouch. Closing the clasp just underneath wild jade, the man stands, resting his hands on either side of his lower back and pushing to help him stretch. In one motion he clasps his hand around a familiar bit of wood resting against the tree he was sitting at, and at the same time leaning down and grabbing a handful of grass in the other hand.

Looking over the reddening sun as it set far off in Crow’s vision he brings the grass to his nose and inhales sharply before opening his hand and watching the grass carefully as it floats away on the wind. “Good, the grass flutters south, this means good fortune this evening.”
Flipping up his small fur-clad hood, the barbarian scholar began making his way down the hill even as the first howls of the undead began filling the air. His grip on his staff tightened and a grin splayed across his face.

Clarification OOG
sorry disregard the name Valen.
Change to Stigandr

Stig said:
Clarification OOG
sorry disregard the name Valen.
Change to Stigandr

Fix'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back