Journey to the Desert Kingdom

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Some distance to the North, we have discovered the edges of what seems to be a desert. When meeting with visitors, it was discovered by myself and others that said desert is the Homeland of those descended of Dryads, known as The Desert Kingdom.

What once was a vast an expansive world tree which was the backbone of their Kingdom - was destroyed by Wild Magic, and as a result the Dryads and the Kingdom's other people's (should there be any non- Dryads) now live subterranean within the remaining root networks of the once thriving World Tree. I was told they use magics to keep the root system thriving, and hospitable - but they have never in as long as is known, held the magics and powers to restore their destroyed Kingdom World Tree.

I was told some were going to explore this area, but as Thorn was the only Dryad I remember in attendance I would not be surprised that any group without a Dryad would have been met with open arms or even discourse.

It is theorized that the time Spider Caves must have points of access through this Kingdom, but they most likely are surface entrances. Though due to the deeper levels of access also theorized that subterranean access may also exist. However those I spoke with have never met anyone who claims such first hand knowledge. It's just simply not believed that they -dont- exists because the network extends everywhere to and from everywhere and it is most likely that access to tunnels which traverse that Kingdom have been blocked.

The Desert Kingdom, as the birds Fly - at its widest points, takes several weeks to cross even with a well supplied and healthy horse. But beyond it also directly to the North is another Kingdom, who's "monarch" came to visit our little hamlet. But I will seperate out that discussion...

Ooh I didnt even realize there was another Kingdom here. Thats exciting! I just visited the Furmites and they were really cool. Though thats more a village vs a Kingdom. Did One-Foot stop by?

Maiev not Maive

You are correct Shen. If not accompanied by a Dryad AND coming with out hostile intent, then you will not be granted access to the kingdom before ground. Ambassador Thorne abs u did make contact with the Guardian Village and the do seem like good people but they are insular.

Back