July 2016 Favorite Moments

The crazy hallucinating bear that only a few of us seen!

Selling someone else's cookies because I missed being a merchant.

Being able to play a love sick goblin and realizing that holding someone ransom doesn't work when the guy is alive and can talk. Oh and coming back into game as Xavic and almost getting killed because she mixed an NPC up with me. That was funny talking my way out of that drunk.

Order elemental putting the PC's back in order. We told you not to cross!

Helping guide newer adventuring groups and dropping scrolls on them that causes them to be OP.

Tons more things but do not want to write them all. Such a blast!

- Collecting silver with Sprig, and counting it all with Laenore. Trying to convince Akemi to not dive face-first into the tidy stacks of 1000 silver pieces

- Interactions with The Maurader. It will be neat to see where that goes.

- Continuously volun-telling Sprig, and her rising to the challenge on all of it. Hearing about Sprig and Jenali doing a killer job leading the obelisk fight was awesome!

- Vanyel and Kasuni, completely distracted by a baby bunny in a field. Some things never change.

- Rolling with Tanis more, on and off the battlefield, was a blast!

- Coming into a mod like so many thugs, and ending it with a full-on giggling ice cube fight with Shin and Akemi.

- Finally getting the last item in the full west coast chapter quest. Mission 5 campaigns in 8 weeks is almost over!

- Dinner with the Chivalrous Hartsian and Tony and Katie's elves from the Verdant Eyre.
- Tony's Elf: "Kasuni, you better be careful. The stars say that 2 others look for the ice patch diamonds - a baby and a cursed one. There's some cursed girl out there killing mystic wood elves by the vale-full"
- Kasuni: "Wow, that sounds intense..."
- Hartsian: "Why are you looking for the diamonds? It never came up before."
-Kasuni: "So... I'm cursed."
-Awkward Silence
Tony literally spit food on the table (hot, babe)

- Waking Sprig up on Monday morning to a bag full of gifts and a swift goodbye.

- Getting lectured by undead Polare about how disappointed he is in Kasuni for not knowing how to incapacitate him to cast the Gift of Life ritual. And the resulting lecture of "these are the 7 ways you could have done it"

- Bacon and Coffee in bed. Squire Turtle will live forever.

- Playing Cards Against the Ceriopolis with New Leaf & Company. So many biata!

- Talking with (Duke!) Sumnus on Sunday, and the exciting future of the Ceriopolis leadership. I can't wait to see how that progresses.

- Saying goodbye and preparing for Kasuni's move from the Ceriopolis to the Maelstrom. Lots of great conversations with so many people!

- Fighting Polare and Yonko alone in a cave with only non-damaging effects all around. This was one of the highlights of my event - thank you for the cool moment Nick! Yonko is absolutely one of my favorite villains because he has such reasonable motivations. Yonko will be remembered for a very, very long time.

Thanks all for a great game!

Shin's infamous nipples of ritual flawing/assisting in my first ritual

Preforming my very first ritual to invest my apprentice in the Earth circle

Zeth's reaction to realizing I had an apprentice: "Wait... I have a grand apprentice? I have a grand apprentice!"

The pig mod... because Firion trying to ride a pig drunken cowboy style....

Cougar mod, when Alefric snuck up behind the goblins, and waylaid them while we distracted them

Pain and Purity mod... just how a group of us started taking turns beating down the "bad" guy in such a way it was keeping it off it's toes. Also, I have totally learned how to break a desecrate IC.

- Saying goodbye and preparing for Kasuni's move from the Ceriopolis to the Maelstrom. Lots of great conversations with so many people!
say-whaaaaaat.jpg

• Fox's death, and sprinting for the Academy when she heard Garrick had failed another resurrection.
  • People drinking the Little Grunyon Kool-Aid. I'll do better next year.
  • Not pillorying myself! Yay! Never been so gratified to have a plan waylaid.
  • All the conversations about the nature and means of leadership that I had anyway, and the surprising amount of support VV seemed to have.
  • Violently shaking down Dominus Chronus for information in mid-panic mode.
  • That last brief moment of connection with Yanko, when it was finally (probably) safe to make eye contact. RIP in Peace buddy.
  • Oh yeah unexpected Dominus Mortem chat
  • The wide variety of horror from VV-as-goblin. Specific highlights from that include:
    • The look on Eli's face
    • "So you still love me even though I'm hideous now?"
    • Trying to low-key save my undead buddy Shin from Tanis
    • All of the honesty hour word vomit
    • And of course the wave of moments for different PCs when it stopped being funny
    • <3

• Becoming inducted as a legit member of the new leaf.
  • Getting tasked with liquidating some group loot for a price and being able to sell it off for higher than expected.
  • Having my first ritual cast on me be so special since it was an investiture into the earth circle as well as Gally's first ritual casting. (Really aligned my character again)
  • Being elected almost unanimously to take up to deathchunk sword for our cause in the vessel battle.
  • Someone come running down to newleaf JUST as we are all crawling into bed and telling us that Fox was in the tavern so that most of us just grab a portion of our gear leading to a great low resource night fight.
    • Plus all the great RP with Fox's death after that.
  • My character decided to join house Tsunami and dream near the end a an event a while back and since then I have been to Neverwhere, Sodovia, and back to Cereopolis but the houses were soon destroyed thus concluding my long journey to try and FINALLY join a house.
  • PUZZLE OWL! I love it when murder hobo-ing isn't the obvious answer!
  • Accepting our goblin friends even though they have been turned into strange races. ;)
  • Late night cook-outs.
  • Biatas lay eggs.
  • And lastly realizing that my character is actually quite prominent and respected amongst the adventuring community.

It was a very enjoyable game and I'm glad I was able to fly out again. Huge thanks to Rollin for letting me crash at your place Thursday and the ride down & Stana for the arrangements and ride back to the airport.

- Hearing my fortune of "Stay in the back. You will be on fire later" and then 5 hours later during a mod an elemental spawns screaming "Burn the tree man!" as I'm running in circles. Just as that old Selunari man said!
- The Obelisk Fight. I've seen well organized PCs and terribly organized PCs and that was a solid circle of defense. Especially given how long we needed to wait for the stone to solidify the full 10 minutes. Nice job!
- Backpacking Shin and Tannis during the Vampire fight. I normally have to focus on the entire town, so it was great to just keep pumping heals into those 2.
- General rolling around with Maven during mods
- Walking up with a charmed goblin and being questioned if it was charmed. "Oh no, we're buds. See, you just need to pay them a silver and they totally get you." "Really?!"
- Goblin and her animal friends mod. Everyone was asleep and I ended up charming 3 PCs and an NPC to awaken them. So many friends!
- The Mock battle. I still feel terrible the staff padding broke on your fingers!
- The food! Simply fantastic.
- The overall story for the weekend. As a new person coming in, I never once questioned why we were doing something. Everything was explained well between PCs and NPC and it all made sense. Well, I was slightly lost when Sumnus became Duke, but I think I got the basics of it.
- Walking up to the last part of the ritual in which 6 formal casters remembered they were goblins the whole time ;)

More if I think of any.

-Ryan

Back