July 2018 Announcement

norman b

Squire
Hi Players!

I wanted to give plenty of forewarning about our July 2018 game. The playership has decided to go to Valenzia! :) That being said:

1. This game will be deadly. All intelligent enemies will be killing blow active and insure resurrection! This means players will have to be careful.

2. There will be environmental hazards! You are going to venture into lava tubes. This means danger. There will be lava pits at some point. These aren't just standing pools of lava, but crevasses that your character (and their gear) will fall into. Lava is devastating to all things. This means that you and your mundane possessions will be destroyed. Magic Items will not be destroyed, which means spirit link/lock and item recall items will be retrievable. This isn't just flame damage, so immunity/healed will not protect you. Lucky for players, any PITS will be marked as tarps on the ground so they are obvious. If you step on them, your character just stepped off the cliff and fell. Please no charging players into tarps.

3. This will not be a friendly place. Therefore, you will have to carry in any items you would like to have with your character. Bedding and OOG clothing can be stored before game on, but all other IG items you are bringing with you have to be carried in. If you want to hide stuff in the woods, you must venture out after game on to hide things in the woods. Do not store stuff in your car until Saturday morning and bring it in. This is cheating. If your character did not bring it with them, you do not have access to it this weekend.

4. You will have access to workshops your Friday night. But remember, you have to decide whether you are bringing these production items with you, or if you left them in Foxbridge before game on Friday night.

5. If for some reason your character becomes a monster or a rank of Duke or higher, you are now an NPC! We are happy to work with you about changing that, but you will be in Monster Camps control until that has been remedied.

Thank you! And we hope you enjoy your event!

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Considering the environment described, a couple of questions that players might want to have answered:

1) Considering the decision made, will players be allowed to have OOG knowledge as to whether a friendly Earth Circle will be available (plus an ally who is invested in said Circle), or does resurrection of a character mean that their PC weekend is effectively over;

2) Regarding #4, if players bring it with them, will Logistics be tracking who has "brought" their workshop to Valencia? I assume that this means there's a risk of losing it in Valencia, and since workshops do not normally travel, I figure that players might want a little more information about what risk they're incurring.

1.) We will not end a player's weekend, but beyond that not much more can be said.

2.) #4 is poorly worded. Friday night the workshop may be used (representing use before travel), and the production must be decided to be brought to Valenzia or not.

3) Are magic items that fall into the lava pit still indestructible? While this won't make them recoverable (obviously), it's good to know for items that are Item Recalled.

3) Are magic items that fall into the lava pit still indestructible? While this won't make them recoverable (obviously), it's good to know for items that are Item Recalled.

We will discuss and get back to you. One important note, Lava will damage Constructs that are healed by flame. This is one magic items that can be damaged/destroyed by lava.

We will discuss and get back to you. One important note, Lava will damage Constructs that are healed by flame. This is one magic items that can be damaged/destroyed by lava.

That makes sense, however, purely because Constructs and Master Contructs are notably not indestructible, as they can be destroyed by damage, unlike other standard magic items. Additionally, I would be concerned about the precedent such destruction (to indestructible magic items) would create, as no other similar experience (including being on the Plane of Face Melting) would destroy indestructible items. Such items still remain Spirit Linked and reappear on the reformed, if traumatized, resurrected body.

Also while falling do you have time to active a spirit recall?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that this will be determined by how they handle the falling mechanic.

If it's a counted action ("I fall 1, I fall 2, I fall 3, I fall 4, etc.) and it's longer than 4-ish seconds, then yes, you should be able to activate a Spirit Recall as it is counted action over a minimum of 4-ish seconds (it takes additional time to say, "Activate Spirit Recall...")

If it's an 'instant fall' then no, because you need actual time to make your call and count your action.

Don't you only have to say the "Active Spirit Recall" part? Considering the rest you can finish while dead and is OOG iirc?

Don't you only have to say the "Active Spirit Recall" part? Considering the rest you can finish while dead and is OOG iirc?

1) Yes, you're correct about the activation.

2) If the intent is that upon landing in the lava, your body is immediately destroyed (akin to a Shatter Spirit), then it's entirely possible that they'll rule that while there's enough time to activate the Spirit Recall, there isn't enough time for it to save you before your body is effectively destroyed.

The Spirit Recall is under discussion by plot and we should have a clarification soon.

from the spirit recall scroll:

@Draven - for visibility
To activate a Spirit Recall, the player recites, "I recall one. I recall two. I recall three."

So, reasonably, 3 seconds.

Could be an old scroll though, I suppose? Though this text is consistent with the text found here:
https://alliancelarp.com/forum/pages/rituals/

Other notes from the scroll:
OOG:
Spirit Recall is able to be used with an OOG verbal but requires no In Game action or statement to activate (allowing it to be used while Silenced).

Yeah, that’s what I mean. :)

Back