July 4, 2005 - FEED THE BOX!

About a year ago there was an innocent little Independence Day party, which happened on the outskirts of Bellevue. At this party was born a creature. Constructed from the remains of an abused cinder block, this creature appeared in the midst of the celebration and over the course of the evening came to be known only as "The Box". The Box looked hungry, so we fed it all manner of strange, exciting, and explosive things. In response, The Box thrived, and all involved were happy.

It has now been almost a year since that day. The Box has grown, and The Box is hungry. The Box is displeased, and demands to be fed once again amidst a celebration likened to the one which brought about its existence.

The Box commands you.

FEED THE BOX!

When: July 4th, 2005 from noon until The Box is satisfied
Where: The birthplace of The Box, known to some as The Fact, or The-place-that-Dave-and-Dan-live (contact your local humble servant of The Box for directions).
What: FEED THE BOX!
Why: Because The Box commands you!
Who: YOU! The Box commands you!

The Box has set forth a number of rules to be obeyed:

-Please plan to bring food and drink to share. I do not yet know what will be available as far as sustenance. We will have a grill available for those who wish to char their food in honor of The Box.

-If you are going to feed The Box, please plan to do so in a sober condition. Explosives and intoxicants do not mix. There will be plenty of time to drink later.

-When feeding The Box, please observe rules of common sense. If what you are doing will harm The Box, chances are it will also harm you and others. The Box is hungry, but it does not have a taste for charred human flesh.

-The Box chooses to feast on pyrotechnic devices, and all pyrotechnic devices have been claimed by The Box. Any such devices which are mistakenly detonated outside The Box must be immediately cleaned up and disposed of in a safe, watery fashion. To do otherwise will displease The Box greatly.

-Some fodder has been procured for The Box already. Donations are appreciated if you plan to use what has been provided; however, if you wish to bring your own please feel free to do so. I believe Boom City is open every day up through the 4th, and there should be TNT stands appearing in Snohomish County soon.

-While cans and chicken breasts made excellent nutritional supplements last year, The Box would like to see some variety. If you have anything you would like to try feeding to The Box then bring it along! If you think it would be questionable, please contact me privately so I can tell you that you are probably correct.

I will post any more information as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email, or try and catch me on messenger.

-Dan
Humble Servant of The Box

There will be DDR in attendance, for those who wish to imbibe and then test their coordination.

Ashlan Serae said:
There will be DDR in attendance, for those who wish to imbibe and then test their coordination.

Imbibe and then dance? So, this is DDDR, right?

I've got about half a fifth of Morgan's that has been sitting there, and I can't seem to find an excuse to use it. My roommates seem to be planning something. Apparently we are going to go to Gasworks to watch stuff, but they've been pretty lazy in coordinating it. If I find myself without plans, I might show up for a little, just to satisfy my curiosity about this "Box" diety of yours.

A clarification

In case you are a fan of Dune, it may be counterintuitive, but just remember:

DO NOT put your hand in the box.
What's in the box?
Pain.

The slow blade penetrates the Patrick Stewart.

Oh yeah, don't forget to walk without rhythym... though from what I've seen, that won't be a problem :p

Always helpful, except in emergencies.
-Gid

most_precious_blood said:
In case you are a fan of Dune, it may be counterintuitive, but just remember:

DO NOT put your hand in the box.
What's in the box?
Pain.

The slow blade penetrates the Patrick Stewart.

Oh yeah, don't forget to walk without rhythym... though from what I've seen, that won't be a problem :p

Always helpful, except in emergencies.
-Gid

Hey- Can I get a quick head count on who is planning on going? Thanks.

I will try my damnest to get there. If I could possibly catch a ride to this celebration of the box, I would apreciate it greatly.

~Nate

Yeah, it's doesn't look my roommates are trying very hard to have plans for the 4th. Directions would be wonderful. I may have to take the bus from Seattle, so if it's in Tacoma or something, I may have to pass. Whatever, I'll figure it out.

Back