July 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

Oh man I don't even know where to start, it was my first event as Percy and

• Getting to meet some of the other dryads was amazing, I need more green adventures.
  • Bunking with Rivervale (and friends) was an experience I wont soon forget (sorry for my snoring)
  • Sitting with a screaming Squire, a cackling Banks, and two wylderkin whose names I didn't catch while absolute pandemonium happened outside was amazing. Pinnacle of my weekend.
  • Lola was absolutely amazing: personality, accent, the costuming, seriously the whole thing blew me away.
  • Fighting up the docks towards the tavern to make sure everyone was safe and then all the way back down was crazy intense. That trail felt 100x the length it usually was.
  • Thanks for everyone's kind words about my mossy barky face. It was awesome to hear it looked good.
And to top it off next event I will be consuming more energy drinks than humanly possible because apparently I'm a lightweight and miss out on waaaaay to many things.
Thank you all for a fantastic event, can't wait for August! I will be much more involved next time, I feel like I didn't get to actually talk to 95% of you!

wow, favorite moments... so many!
  • being the boatswain for the Dawn Pride, getting to interact and provide some of the flavor for the boat transitions, and helping to herd cats, I mean PC's ^_^
  • Trolls sat night! Capture the flag! And then taking a large group and raiding the boats.
  • While raiding, facing Anders and Rork (sp?). After a short spell duel with Anders and being captured, "Anders: 3waylay. me: Why you keep hitting me on back of head!" (yay threshold!) and then Rork delivering a killing blow to me "to preserve the truce." wonderful roleplay moment.
  • On Sat bringing in some costuming that I have been itching to bring in for a while (my wings!) and getting to portray a giant bird! And those that saw it really appreciating it ^_^
  • the big Raptor fight! I will treasure the sight of the town breaking and running for quite a while! That and it was a good fight all around!
  • The Monkeykyn! I wasnt able to get into it as much as some others but that was a lot of fun being and watching the other NPC's be monkeys.
  • in the Shadow fight, playing delay in the first area and getting some good fighting there, and then the final fight that night.
  • On Sunday, playing the crazy guy who had bee shipwrecked there for far too long! Finding that the first note had been found, and then leading the PC's around to the other 2 parts of that mini plot line. getting to help provide the flavor of how that was supposed to look.
there was more, but these are the main points that I can remember. the role play was excellent and for the most part the combat was great as well. it was interesting and fun being given larger creatures and one with a decent spell tree. going to need to practice casting and throwing in between games more ^_^

So much amazing stuff this last weekend!

• Loved the capture the flag game with the trolls it was really nice to have a fight where we weren't setting out to kill anyone.
  • Saturday morning hunting for food with Arteus(SP) and Faren(SP) Glad Faren pinned the deer in place so I didn't have to run so much. And after it not going down to multiple crossbow hits deciding to use my slay to give it a clean death as Abtus could not bear to see it suffer.
  • Eating part of Rourke (SP?) and others after the cook gave the argument of "this meat was given up by choice(people), this one was not (pork) it died not knowing why."
  • I Loved the boats OOC! IC I think Abtus could take or leave them but it provided a place for everyone to interact between Acts and It was great RPing with everyone during that "down time"
  • NPC shift was a blast as always! I got to do so many fun creatures from a giant mosquito to fire ants, it was great!
  • Monkey mod, killing boars and the T-rex I had a OOC&IC reaction as soon as I heard that 10 massive of yelling "oh s#!t" was just an amazing mod with a fun diverse group!
  • The Saturday evening flight to the boats was stressful and hectic. And it also gave Abtus another look at how tempting chaos is for the sake of saving ones comrades.
  • Squire Ri and I giving each other the "S#!t is about to go down" look during the speech given by the monkey king!
  • Learning about some limits I may have to place on how easily I hand out healing when not in a fight. I may have to conserve my spells more and give the I'm sorry but I need these spells for front line battles.
  • The struggle of getting to and resolving the key of shadows issue. I had no healing at this fight due to healing everyone after the monkey king fight. Glad my silver weapon was useful and that hopefully we wont have to deal with the shadows at resurrections anymore.
  • Saturday night Rp around the campfires and the wonderful conversations with everyone! Spending time with some other wylderkin our group continues to be more "family" like with each passing event!
  • Big thanks to the NPC's and Tavern staff for making every event so much fun!
  • Also huge tanks to plot for having such a fun and epic weekend prepared for us! I as always had a blast!

I enjoyed alchemical roulette a lot. The one I got was pretty awful for the state of mind Lumi was in but I still had a good time.

I didn't die and I helped make sure other things did die! That was nice.

I enjoyed trolls and cannibal island, as well as Monkey Island. Obviously way too many got too trusting with those monkeys. I remember the frantic panic when Jax and others realized that Wolsey was still one of those unaccounted for. As we started walking to the tavern I overheard "Peat's still missing" and broke out in a panicked sprint. Then getting told to run back and watching our boats left behind barely make it back. Very gut wrenching.

I was happy to hear the baboon's grand mama was stowed away on a ship :)

I enjoyed the planned mods on the island, as well as the free roaming monsters, that was a really nice touch.

Realizing that I was less than a foot from a trex and not dead! I also refuse to hide during choatic town battles. Even if I'm out of boom I like to keep my tiny weapon at the ready to stop others from being hit.

Finally getting shadow resolution! I wanted to have Lumi touch the light lady but Thorgrim vetoed it after Echo's reaction.
That walk was crazy, but really neat and cool. I liked how we all had to go at once to then split off, and not knowing how the other, less experienced teams were doing.

Those fries on Saturday were aaaaaaaamazing. I love nice, fat, rustic french fries. Mmmmm

Going on a sneak team NPC mission with some of Warchester and the sadness I, Mandi, felt upon realizing that our first potential victim was Peat. I felt terrible, worse when I realized just how much we got from her. I enjoyed a sneak mission, but I'm not really sure I'm cut out for them, I'm quiet but can't see for anything at night. :)

I'm happy with how our team is doing, and also enjoying all the new characters and players that have come into game. I also enjoy the general sense of comraderie we have as Acarthians

Short and brief for me... still processing a lot.

Special thanks to everyone who helped and/or expressed concern at my continuous action of injuring and re-injuring my leg. As much as I should have just laid down with pain meds and a bag of ice, I just had to see the ending of the Key of Shadows plot.

On the trail for the KoS area, I was walking backwards to help hold the rear flank and someone (I think Ri) had me by the tail to help guide me while I defended. Shout out to those shouting out distances as we moved to keep us from opening up the line or crashing into others.

I have to note that Jenn was amazing on the impromptu mod. Some miscommunications meant a mod a group of us were waiting was completed by another group. Jenn ran a salvage mod to find supplies to repair damaged ships. Her method on pops, how items were found and even the mechanics of holding our breath worked wonderfully for the area. I had a great time with it. Reactions when Blue and Lucian shook themselves dry was adorable.

Wylderkin culture - I'm glad to be part of a developing culture. Makes me happy to help it along.

Great role play was had and I look forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

So, as you guys may know, this was my first time LARPing, and I couldn't have had more fun. I even had something of a spiritual experience (but more on that later). Everyone was super nice and welcoming. I was a little apprehensive about my age, but everyone was super chill about the whole thing.
I would just like to give special shoutouts to those people who I became very close with: Lola, Mooca, Abtus, Bleu, Squire Frank, Squire Yarrow, and some others, whose names I can't recall as of right now- Including the gypsy fortune teller. Thanks for taking the time to get to know Bran and for being incredibly welcoming and awesome.

So, when it comes to my favorite bits, I unfortunately missed day one, because me and my dad ran really late and got really lost, so I missed all the troll stuff. Nonetheless, here are some of my favorite moments:
Saturday Morning Breakfast: This was a super awesome RP opportunity. Having all those people chop off their arms and eat it was a completely foreign concept to Bran, and I remember it raising some moral questions for him, such as "Why is eating people different from eating oinkbeast (which he later learned was called pig)?". It was also great, because my character was a complete noob in the world, so some very kind freewomen explained the different races too him, and why wilderkin aren't the same as the animals that they resemble.
The "Necromonkey Dilemma Mod": OH MAN. This mod was INTENSE. For those who didn't participate, we found some monkeykin arguing over who would bring their recently revived friend his scroll. We didn't want conflict, so someone proposed a dual to see who got it. In the dual, one of the monkeys cast chaos magic. He was immediately knocked out, and we began a heated debate about what we should do with him. This was literally MOMENTS after Bran was explaining his dubious past, and how his (isolated, somewhat Xenophobic) people used chaos magic to defend themselves in times of peril, not understanding the risk involved. This mod created a terrible moral dilemma for Bran, and he was naive enough to try and play devil's advocate for the "necromonkey". Harsh debate began IC, but in the end, it turned out to be a great growing experience for Bran- one he won't soon forget. I absolutely loved it, even if I did feel emotionally wiped afterwards. And yes, we discovered in the end that Mooca and Bran were right- all we had to do was bring him to the king to instill justice. Bran wasn't all too happy with the public execution, though.
The Escape from Monkey Island: E-A-R-TH-LY (as opposed to holy) crap was this nuts. At the time, I had already left dinner, and was applying more sunscreen on the boats with my dad and the Heroe's Alliance Kids (hehe- baby humans- Bran thought incredibly novel that the baby humans could fight) when we heard the commotion. As we were beginning to debate going to see what was up, we heard the distress bell. We rushed to gather our things, but as we left our boat and turned the corner, Lola instructed Bran to run to the other boats to warn them. Never have I run with so much fear and my heart. This was a primal, intense moment. Bran was panicking and running like crazy, and I was legitimately fearing for my life. Luckily, we escaped by the skin of our pants, and managed to taunt the monkeys with the king's staff as we left port. Man, to think I was actually contemplating becoming a monkey-kin. I don't think Bran ever wants to see a monkey again. Baboons are okay, though. ;)
All of the Isle of Light: Never have I been so immersed in character that I have felt true terror. But Bran did, and so I did. The Isle of Light was straight up terrifying. Going into the dark tavern, unable to get better light than candles... Bran was literally shaking in his boots. I honestly couldn't tell you if I was actually scared or not, but I know that Bran was (thank you to those of you who did your best to watch after Bran and calm him down. He was on the verge of a panick attack, there). Venturing into the cave, doing everything in his power to keep his spirits up, it was- well, I hate to keep abusing this word, but INTENSE. The best part was afterwards, everyone had this emotional trauma. People were trying to explain to me how we had lost so much, despite winning. I felt so confused. I felt so scared. And the strangest part was that I wasn't confused or scared, Bran was. In all the intensity, I had a spiritual experience, in which I became Bran. I didn't notice it at the time, but looking back, it was absolutely eye-opening.

Alright, I'm done hamming it up- but I truly did have an out-of-body experience. I was a different person. And it was awesome. I'm sad that I can't be back until next year, but you bet your bucket I'll be playing again. I wouldn't give this up for a million bucks. I wouldn't even give this up for a statistically unbeatable Magic deck. And for those of you who don't know me- that means a LOT.
I can't wait to see you all next year, but until then- Bran's got some growing to do!

It was super delightful to RP with you!! I'm so glad you had a great time at your first LARP. :) My character (Alis) enjoyed meeting Bran and also discussing the fine arts of not eating people. :p I look forward to seeing you at game again, sometime!

Back