July 4th - 7th Long Weekend

Inaryn

Knight
The Turning of the Tide

“A single breaker may recede; but the tide is evidently coming in.”
-Thomas B. Macaulay

The hulking stone workers grunted as their labored up the mountain path, their strength threatening to fall short of the task of moving the massive aquamarine crystals to the zenith.

From the summit two large stone beings watched their serfs struggle with their burden.

“This is why I was hesitant, Kam. This is not Stone’s way. This is not honest. This is not righteous.”

“Perhaps it is not in the strictest sense, but betrayal has been foretold and until such a time as the treachery has been unearthed we must be complacent and keep our honor to the pact. Besides, this will be a thing of dazzling beauty as the dying light illuminates the gems. A stunning sight for us, a beauty few shall ever see the likes of.”

“It will be a fugacious beauty though, Kam. You above all should understand that creations of Stone are anything but- our art is to stand for time immemorial; the grace, form, and charm are meant to delight eternally.

“Aka, you are forever the traditionalist. The most intricate patterns of sand and dirt are fleeting, gone with the brush of a hand or an irksome wind, but these designs are as much our art as the Marmoreal Monuments of Amaranthine. We must adapt for that is what not only success demands, but survival. If we let wind blast us or water erode us, our immovable stance makes us victims, but we can act in other ways: pumice floats, diabase sings, and we can do even more – refraction, fluorescence, magnetism, conductivity! You see Aka, it is tradition to be more than immutable. So for now we travel the road set before us and do what must be done, even if what we are doing is not our first choice, but know we are still honoring all that is Stone by walking this different path to ensure that Stone will be standing when all the others have fallen. “

Pre-registration for Alliance San Francisco's July 4th - 7th Long Weekend event is open!

Please be advised; this event starts on THURSDAY July 4th and runs through Sunday July 7th.

Price:
  • Member PC: $120 at the door. $110 if pre-registered by Friday, June 28th at 11:59 PM.
  • Non-Member PC: $130 at the door. $120 if pre-registered by June 28th.
  • Cast/Crew: $0. (Food is included, but we recommend you bring some extra snacks and drinks.)

Please use the pre-registration form located here to register for the event. If you wish to pre-pay for the event, you may do so here. Please remember that if you plan to pay on arrival you will need to bring cash, as we do not take checks or credit cards at the door.

Registered Players:
Victoria P*
Ayush K
Paul F*
Neil E
Cat W
Victoria G
Alex S
Warlock
Cassandra M
Isaac D
Jody M
Lauren M
Terrance S
S. Rain
Chris F

Registered Cast/Crew:
Kristie B
Ryan W
Sarah D
Greg R
Dan VDB
Jim S
Andrew B
Bobby S
Mike C
Jonathan W
Adam B
Philip P
Alice C
Nikki C
Mariko R
Jalen G
Truman S
Michiko R
Juan O-R

Current Incomplete Pre-registrations:

*need card

Please see Logistics and You for more information on what is required to complete your pre-registration and remember that you will need to bring all related tags to logistics, or logistics will not be able to check you in. This includes magic item tags, spell and production books, and workshop tags. Any magic items being brought to game not pre-registered or checked in at your first logistics of the weekend will not be able to be used for that weekend.

When you arrive:
When you arrive on site please go directly to logistics to check in before unloading and setting up. We will not be having opening ceremonies this weekend; you will be in game as soon as you are checked in and in costume. Any relevant pre-game information will be distributed with your check-in packet.

Action will start around 8PM on Thursday.

Food:
Our meal plan for PCs costs $30 for the weekend. You MUST pre-register in order to buy into the meal plan. The pre-registration interface has an option to both be included and let us know about any dietary restrictions. There is an additional cost of 2 silver per meal in game to the kitchen staff (and if you can't pay that, talk to them about helping out in the kitchen.) Water will be available to everyone for free at all times. Other drinks may be available for a small in game charge. We really need Cast/Crew to pre-register for the event as well so that we can estimate food needs; in the event we run short Cast/Crew that pre-register will be fed before those who do not. The menu for the weekend is as follows:

• Thursday night - Chili with cornbread
    • Chili (Ground beef, steak, tomato sauce, kidney beans, garlic, chili spices) - (Cheese, sour cream, onions available for toppings)
    • Rice
    • Cornbread
  • Friday Morning Breakfast
    • Pancakes (Plain or chocolate chip)
    • Scrambled eggs
    • Bacon
    • Apple Oatmeal Crumble (Oatmeal, apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, milk)
  • Friday Dinner
    • Roast Beef (Marinated in olive oil, worstershire sauce, steak seasoning)
    • Roasted Potatoes (sea salt, garlic powder)
    • Green Beans
  • Saturday Morning Breakfast
    • Pancakes (plain or Chocolate chip)
    • Scrambled Eggs
    • Bacon
    • Apple Oatmeal Crumble (Oatmeal, apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, milk)
  • Saturday Dinner
    • Barbecue Chicken
    • Corn on the Cob
    • Salad (assorted dressing, croutons, carrots)- (toppings for salad that can be added cheese, corn, bacon, black olives)
  • Sunday Morning
    • Leftovers

The Kitchen will again be providing ice water and fruit punch or lemonade. Please bring your own re-usable containers for the drinks. We may have some disposable cups, but on a limited supply. In between meals there will supplies to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and snacks as well as the possibility of leftovers.

We are hoping to have some fresh fruit and chilled watermelon for people to snack on during the heat of the day.

Leftovers will be in the walk-in fridge and people on the meal plan may help themselves at any time that meals are not currently being served. We do request that you put the food back in the fridge as soon as you are done getting your food, before you go to eat it. We also request that you clean up after yourself with leftovers.

On a related note, the kitchen staff brings many of their own personal supplies from home to help run the kitchen. If you are using any of them (oven mitts, measuring cups, measuring spoons, towels, cooking tools) please clean them (if applicable) and put them back where you found them when you are done. We would very much like to not have to search the lodge to find a missing oven mitt.

The Tavern will have coolers with ice water and Kool-aid drink mix all weekend. People should bring reusable bottles to fill up at the coolers. There will also be coffee available if you talk to the Kitchen staff.

If you need food during the weekend please come see us, we have snacks and there may be leftovers available so come see us if you need food.

Meal Plan Requests:
Victoria P
Ayush K
Paul F
Cat W
Victoria G
Alex S
Warlock
Cassandra M
Isaac D
Jody M
Lauren M
Terrance S
Chris F

Sleeping Arrangements
Like last event, sleeping arrangements for this weekend will be different than usual. We have four eight-bed cabins available for PC use. To request a cabin please email logistics@alliancesf.net. Priority will be given to groups and to out-of-state visitors without other sleeping arrangements. If you are requesting a cabin for a group please have everyone in your group preregister before submitting your request. Due to the limited sleeping space for this weekend we will be filling any unclaimed beds Thursday night on a first-come, first-served basis.

If the cabins fill up or if you prefer to sleep elsewhere, there will be campsites and perma-tents available. In the case of camping-unfriendly weather we may open up additional beds, but do not plan on it. Remember to bring extra bedding if you are using the perma-tents; the cots are comfortable but not particularly insulating.

Cabin 1:
1. Chris F

Cabin 2:
1. S. Rain
2. Cat W

Cabin 3:
1. Jody M
2. Lauren M

Cabin 4: Raven

Cook's Room: Staff
Director's Room: Staff
Bunk Room #1: Cast/Crew
Bunk Room #2: Cast/Crew Overflow

Teaser has been added. As a reminder, downtimes for this event are due by tomorrow, June 18th. Preregistration ends Friday, June 28th.

I'll be updating the list tomorrow.

Pre-reg ends in, like, a week!

List is current.

List has been updated.

Reminder! Pre-reg closes this Friday!

Pre-reg ends tomorrow!

I haven't received a lot of cabin requests. (S. Rain, I do have yours) Remember, you have to have pre-reg'd in order to request/show up on the cabin list.

Sarah, I'll give you cash tomorrow when I come pick Mike up after work. I'll fill out my prelog, and I'll update my end the MI googledoc ASAP.

Can you put anyone from the Ravens (Shane, Cassandra, me when I throw dollars at you) down for cabins 3 and 4, you can include Paul F in that, Phedre and Zehn know his PC and we'll find him IG so he can bunk with us.

:wub2:

Back