July 4th weekend favorites and feedback

Inaryn

Knight
You can find our event feedback form here or copy and paste from the stickies and email your feedback to logistics@alliancesf.net. The deadline for feedback is Wednesday July 17th at 6pm. We use your feedback to adjust the game for maximum enjoyment, so if you didn't like something, or really loved something, let us know!

And if you have favorite moments or war stories, let's hear 'em!

Playing the Nightmare version of Raphael (basically, Magnus' personality but not his power). Including...
Being asked to give emotional advice to someone, and choosing my words to cause the most long term pain and suffering that I could conceive of.
Standing behind someone else, asking them if they felt that they were important to the safety of the town, then hitting them with a Terminate, following up with running them through with the Nightmare carrier.
"Come on, the thing that attacked her went running off into the Darkness, let's get it!" *magic disarm, magic disarm, 50 Slay".

Playing the drums, and getting pointers from Mykalie (spelling?). I like when we get some of the more artistic and creative sides of our hobbies going.

Vision quest, and excellent voice acting from the staff.

Boating!

Lots more, way too many to describe...

Flynbolt said:
Hi I'm curious should Npc's fill out the form as well or just pc's?

NPCs are absolutely welcome to fill out the form as well, including the summary! It'll be a different perspective, but we value *all* the feedback we get, not just from the PCs.

And, yes, you can even remark upon the menu. I can't promise the cook won't beat you with a ladle though. ;)

I wasn't even there, but I have favorites just from looking at pictures!

- It was awesome to see the pictures of you guys boating across the lake! Looked like maybe there were "Ice Bombs" being launched at you? Could someone explain the mechanic going on there? Looked amazing!

- The scenery! Wow! Glowing, blue stalagmites (or obelisks...not entirely sure). Look like maybe they're Ice obelisks? They are awesome! Also, the fog machine being put to good use!

- The hammer! I'm just glad you guys found a use for it! Seems to fit in perfectly! Fantastic!

- Greg as Death!

- Cooksey died! (Love ya, bro...sad I wasn't the on to put you in the Circle, though :p )

- My absolute favorite part, though, is that folks were nice enough to take time out of their weekend to take pictures and video and then post them online so that people like me can experience the fun of the weekend without even being there! Huge thanks to Kristie for the pics and video, and Mariko and Bobby for inviting extra people to join the NPC crew!

Looks like everyone had a ton of fun! I miss you all and hope to come out for a visit sometime after I get back to the States!

-Luke

The Hydra! I'll admit, we didn't think it was going to be able to move around the field well or at all. But the NPCs in it totally made it work! Super props to them. The most amazing thing though? That it managed to sneak up on several people! :shock:

Scariest: sitting in the shadows at the edge of the hydra field to refit and realizing Greg's assassin was heading...right...toward...me....and past.....and away...phew....59...60....GTFO!!

Funniest: Jayhan on Saturday afternoon asking Desh to help him with an audible projection ritual. "Ooo. I like that."

Most intense: Blindly listening to the Guardian council and realizing that mortals are really...really stupid.

Most rewarding: Marissa: "I can only tell you apart by your swords anyway."

Thanks Alliance Sf for a great first time event for me. The staff and many of the players went out of their way to help make the introduction as smooth as possible. The food was fantastic. Because of my leg I sat out the evening events and I know I missed out on some great fun. I'm looking forward to the next event. I even convinced my wife to come and try it out. Well be signing up for the next event as Npc's.

Thanks so much

Philip P

Having the conversations regarding "Golem on Self" activities, then later that day having multiple Loxious (Loxi, Loxi's, loxiouses...???) show up and have us bust up!

Row boats - Really want to expand on that combat potential.

Don't lick the ball taint!

Getting to hang out with individuals I don't normally get to game with. It completely changed the game experience for me, and made it that much more awesome! Can't wait for next session.

The post puzzle mod discussion about whether or not to share the location of an iced over room that was a comfortable 60 degrees with the other PC's.

Sitting in the "thinking" recliner to solve the second puzzle because we couldn't find the clue and having it work.

"Do you accept mental role play?" "Well, I don't have a good reason to say no..."

Collecting 6 people to go hunt the circle stalker and ending up bringing 15 people to instead find a lightning ambush.

Running into enemy rogues while trying to rogue the back line of the life cats.

Getting drafted to go on a boat to get a hammer.

Calli's conversation when she told me how she became guild mistress.

OMG So much fun to play with you guys and gals this last weekend and a great way to celebrate the 4th. Thanks so much go to the staff, kitchen crew, and NPCs (so many of you) for making this weekend beyond even my high expectations. Huge thanks for all those of you who threw your doors open to welcome us (Ali and Lauren) onsite, as well as for plots and of course bringing us sleeping bags (I owe you Mike)

Favs:

-Seeing old friends from Nero West, Alliance SEA, and other places, (im looking at you Cory) Finally same siding as Elrion...you were a blast.
-All the fantastic RP i got to enjoy with so many players all through the weekend. I wish i could name you all!
-Lightning Col Sanders made my weekend and made me feel my actions could have impact.
- Tevious and Alpha Boat (the whole water mod really).
- Poor Jehan in Nightmare...eep the ramifications and great rp from Aly, Lauren, Cassandra, Vicki, and Rayne OMG so much fun to pc a character with a flaw a mile wide.
- RPing with Isaac for about 1/2 the weekend before realizing that the same person is to blame for our larping.
-Wax/Golem/Desh/Audible projections...Gypsies need a life.
- All the noble/leadership/etc RP with the squires, and knights made me feel like Knighthood is actually a thing.
- In general talking magic/constructs with Loxious and others always fun to make pretend i understand stuff i don't get.
- The Hydra Mod, the crazy dan played general with the hammer, getting to hit dan with it a few times then realizing oh crap it just snatched that weapon out of my hand...run!
-" Please put on your 0 D glasses" and the whole voice/vision was very cool (great voice acting all of you)
- Guessing over and over what the price of hubris was and nailing it on the head with Dan's NPC based on a huge ig argument that happened independent of plot....you can't prep that kind of story it developed on its own and thats what makes game great.

Dislikes:

Holy nine Hecks that hill!
Mutant cutter mosquitoes
The drive back down the mountain :(

I will have to try to make it back out there, both Vicki and I had a great time.

Thanks Again,

Paul Foisy

AllianceCHI said:
Mutant cutter mosquitoes

Funny you should mention that... >.> Give you one guess what Camp Cutter was before it was a boy scout camp... :pinch:

Today's the last day to get them in! Deadline is 6PM tonight!

Back