• Lemon Chicken

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Bacon and Chedar Soup

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Chimichangas with Rice, Salsa, and Guacamolie

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As always subject to budget and my own personal whims. I learned an amazing recipe for chimichangas while I was on vacation, so I might give it a whirl. feel free to comment on the choices. I am trying to keep things interesting.

Also, this month will not feature eggs at breakfast, and will instead have canalope/honeydew melon as a replacement.
--bill
Head of Food Committee

Hey Bill!

Menu looks awesome :3 Is there going to be a protein option for the veggies at breakfast now that eggs are out, though?

Cozy said:
Hey Bill!

Menu looks awesome :3 Is there going to be a protein option for the veggies at breast now that eggs are out, though?

Maggie, I love you, but where is this breast of which you speak? :funny:

Anyway - Bill, if you're not currently planning on a veggie protein option, let me know. I may be able to donate it. At the very least, I'll try to get some nutty granola and yogurt. Won't be vegan acceptable, unfortunately, but it's about all I can do.

Chicken Parm's not vegan?

Cozy said:
Hey Bill!

Menu looks awesome :3 Is there going to be a protein option for the veggies at breakfast now that eggs are out, though?

Not sure about vegitarian protien at breakfast. Open to sugestions. Vegitarian options are my usual weak point. The vegitarian option for dinner will be based on whatever is selected as the main dinner course. Still doing pancakes so theres always that.
--bill

Heidi is willing to make a vegetarian lasagna assuming she can be compensated for the ingredients. We'll need to know how many vegetarians though so she makes enough.

Mike Ventrella said:
Heidi is willing to make a vegetarian lasagna assuming she can be compensated for the ingredients. We'll need to know how many vegetarians though so she makes enough.

Dosent answer the breakfast question tho. As for compensation, budget is kinds tight between the breakfasts, dinner, and the new "all day" service. How much does it cost to make? We dont need that much, probly no more than one pan worth.
--bill

A suggestion for breakfast protein could be cottage cheese. It's not vegan, but it does go well with the fruit you'll already be supplying.

fyrechild said:
A suggestion for breakfast protein could be cottage cheese. It's not vegan, but it does go well with the fruit you'll already be supplying.

Noted. Im also looking into quech (I know I am spelling that wrong) recipies, as its something I can make the night before and serve at breakfast the next day.
--bill

dreadpiratebill said:
Mike Ventrella said:

Dosent answer the breakfast question tho. As for compensation, budget is kinds tight between the breakfasts, dinner, and the new "all day" service. How much does it cost to make? We dont need that much, probly no more than one pan worth.
--bill

It's not that much; some cheese, some spaghetti sauce, some noodles, and a few veggies thrown in. I'm sure if you announce it and ask some vegetarians to donate, we'll get more than enough.

She's planning on making it at home to have reheated at the event correct?
--bill

The people have spoken. Chedar and bacon soup with rice and bread (bread type is undecided) will be this weekend's dinner. Breakfast shall be pancakes, melons, and bacon.

--bill
Head of Food Committee

Heidi and I bought the stuff for vegetarian spinach lasagna... We're not going to make a lot, so please do not take any unless you really are a vegetarian, because we don't want some nonveggie to grab it ("Hey, that smells terrific!") and then someone who doesn't eat meat gets nothing.

Thanks!

While breakfast for the event may have already been decided, quinoa would make a great veggie protein option. It's preparation is the same as rice and it can easily be flavored.

Back