July Event Master Post

Circe

Artisan
Hey everybody! As most of you well know by now, we have a lot going on for our July 24-26th event! I'm going to go ahead and post our important announcements here for your quick and easy perusal.

"FOR DRAGON GAMES" - July 24, 25, 26
  • Preregistration/prelogist deadline is Sunday, July 19 (and let us know if you're NPCing!)
  • Deadline for magic item requests is Sunday, July 12
  • Deadline for newsletter submissions is Friday, July 17
  • Since all the private rooms and cabins have already been booked up, we would like to remind everyone that you can always bring a tent! Please remember our tent policy: players who wish to keep their tents in-game (i.e., store their in-game belongings inside) must raise their tents on the tavern-side field closest to the pond and players who wish to keep their tents out-of-game (i.e., aren't storing their in-game belongings inside) must raise their tents on the parking lot-side field closest to the treeline, away from the bridge.
DRACONALIA - Saturday, July 24
  • All non-roleplay encounters will be suspended between the hours of 5:00PM and 9:00PM.
  • NPCs will be permitted to bring out their PCs during the non-combat hours (no loot, no experience).
  • The ball will indeed be a masquerade, so if you're comfortable wearing masks, bring 'em on out! (Just try to keep it all as genre appropriate as possible)
  • We invite everyone to bring food and baked goods to share or sell in-game, but please remember no nuts, pineapple, or mango. (If anyone has any other deadly allergies, please notify staff ASAP.) As always, clean up after yourself!
  • There will be controlled pyrotechnics during the evening; fireworks will be set off at the conclusion of the ball (approximately 9PM). If you are uncomfortable with fireworks, please be aware of this timeframe, and we will try to provide earplugs!
  • If you're interested in performing any music or hosting any games during the festival, we want to hear from you! Check in with me (ashburygm@gmail.com) or our Head of Props, Dan Mckiernan (dannybin747@gmail.com)
  • Photography is permitted but no flash! Everyone is permitted to take pictures if they would like to, but kindly turn off the flash so as to be as unobtrusive as possible. We recommend putting on a white headband while taking pictures.*
  • Tavern Food for the weekend is spearheaded by Alex Goncharova (Kar); if you have any interest in assisting/contributing or need to use the kitchen for anything, please talk to her about it! And as always: donate, donate, donate!
  • Further details regarding festival events TBA
*IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE MAKE IT KNOWN!

WEATHER ADVISORY
As we're getting into the middle of our dampest/hottest times, I want to take a moment to remind everyone: prepare for the heat. Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/l/USPA1092:1:US) is currently showing highs in the 70s all weekend and lows in the 60s. There's also a chance of precipitation for Sunday, so please remember to prepare for the possibility of rain! Drink water, wear suncreen, and bring a layer for the evening! Keep an eye on the forecast for any developments.​

DONATIONS

As always, we rely on our generous players to provide NPC camp with the wonderful things they require to get monstrous and entertain everybody. There are a few things we really need right now:
  • We're offering an (amazing) ratio of 5 GS for every packet you bring to us! After our very wet event last month, we have no spell packets -- so if you don't like fighting monsters mysteriously stacked with spellstrikes, please, please, please bring us packets! (And remember check our packet policy here!)
  • Baby wipes
  • Makeup wedges
  • Q-tips
  • Glow sticks
  • NPC camp food and water
  • The Food Committee always needs more cash donations to help feed the town! We offer 10 GS for every dollar and anything over $5 earns you a once-ever full heal for the weekend! Every little bit counts!
  • If anyone has a gently used garment rack they would like to donate, NPC camp would be extremely grateful and would compensate well for it!
NOTICE: Players may not enter the "Wild Elf Camp" area (across the creek and down the path) without supervision by a marshal or staff member due to parts of it being under construction.

Any further questions, suggestions, or concerns can be directed to myself (ashburygm@gmail.com), Plot (allianceplot@gmail.com), or Customer Service (hqcustserv@gmail.com). We can't wait to entertain you!

Last edited:
Back