July Faves

Was going to post this last night but decided to wait until morning so as not to look too eager. But I still got here first HEHEHE

The NPCs were superheros. We all had to run around or walk around in the miserable heat and humidity...but they did it with masks on and with tabards and stuff...SO AMAZING!!!

Loved seeing Ben NPCing as every NPC role he plays, no matter how crunchy, is wrought with antics.

Also Evan for playing characters that are either really easy to hate (blue guy at the last wave battle) and so easy to laugh at (clown/toy thing on Friday night) or so easy to admire (Carver).

George's spirits that came to the earth circle and warped the minds of the people doing the resurrection. CREEPY

Zuchini patties!!! YUM DEB

Getting to meet Tova's cousin again.

Thank you Dan, Sean and Kelsey for that tribunal. Although it was long and some of the PCs may have been bored because they weren't bashing something's head in, some of us who like court TV enjoyed it alot. Very well played for all involved.

Headed to bed on Saturday night...hearing something in the darkness shhhhshshsshsss me. Thinking it was an adventurer upset that I gave away their hiding space. Then getting paralysis'd and eaten...Thank you Luke! Next time I'll be more apt to be afraid of the stuff making noises in the dark HAHAH

Getting to meet the Caldwell. I love the new persona of the old Goliath.

Rothsphere coming back to the Hollow after spending the entire winter in Sadeen Moor.

Ogre panthergaunt. Watching Thrak and Ona beat the bajeebies out of that thing was cool.

Elf panthergaunt - and team elf that suddenly came out of the woodwork to kill it. Theme music ala Drenton.

Getting my lab set up finally. I have been wanting that for years now.

The taboule on Saturday night! YUM. Thank you Melissa and Thank you Deb for all the great food you make us!!

Thank you to Jeremy and Kate for ripping down the mouse restrooms that were in the ceiling of the healers guild. I know it smelled like pickles after I got done with it but that was better than it smelling like pee.

Tova getting Tentacled. Seeing her puke up a pile of blood. Devorah and Tzydl both hurrying to get a sample.

"People NO, creatures GO" Not that she'll obey that rule but it was good to tell Tzydl those parameters.

Brat actually drank the enslavement wine. REALLY??? C'mon people I can only make so many of those enslavement antidotes HAHAHAH

Watching Aisling and Constance take on things. I love watching The Hunt tear things down.

Seeing Drenton. So cool.

Ithaca/Tod - I've seen it be actually cool and you had hardly any clothes on :shock: . Now that it's humid, hot you have a ton of clothes on :huh: . Was nice getting to play with you fully clothed.

Avian getting so many offers of a new eye. My favorite was the werewolf eye and everyone poopooing the Eyedea.

Hearing the names of the honored dead in the Tavern. That was an awesome moment that Santet led everyone through.

Keely's unruly hair.

One less Thelucian mage to worry about. YAY

But my most absolute favorite thing of the entire weekend was alchemy with Master Alchemist Carver!!!!! That was the most fun RP I've ever had when it comes to alchemy. Evan you made that come alive!!! Thank you so much. I've been studying poisons for a while now out of game just so I would have a bottles for a ton of plants that would kill people. I finally got to use that knowledge. And Tzydl's an apprentice to a Master Alchemist ::doing the woohoo dance:::

First and Foremost: MIKE! It was great having you back for the event. Having the old Sadeen Moore crew back together was amazing. Even though IG, Constance sees Drenten pretty much every day (Oh, inappropriate relationships with superiors...), she loved actually being about to adventure with him again.

Rogue tunnel fight Saturday night. Four pure rogues and an adept on a meat-grinder mod fighting down a corridor. Whoops. Thank god for fancy swords, effectively making us scouts.

The Eire/Sadeen Moore treaty, and the ironing out of its kinks. I really didn't think when I built this character that I would enjoy politicking as much as I do, but dammit, I'm really enjoying writing this treaty.

Related: Constance's politics face. Sullen, sketchy, irreverent Sky Rider suddenly flips to cheerful and accommodating. Kissing all the babies and shaking all the hands. I've been told its disconcerting.

The events leading up to, and my subsequent resurrection. As much as it sucks to now be in the bag, I'm actually really ok with taking that death. Constance disbelieved herself through a circle of power, man. She really thought that once Drenten was in that circle, that it was over, there was nothing she could do. She's only been a Sky Rider for a bit under a year, so attempting to force herself through the circle was a complete longshot. This newfound ability is going to take some research, though I'll maybe hold off on trying to drop any more circles.

That field rez was pretty neat too. Curled up on the field in the fetal position, shaking and crying, with Drenten cradling me, whispering sweet nothings about Magic being a Lie taught to us as a means of control, weakening us, we will only be free when the Lie is destroyed, etc etc. It actually was very comforting.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones that spring to mind. See everyone in August!

Great job NPCs! It was a real pleasure fighting all of you this weekend. I can't wait until next time.

Sean "Justice Eyes" Metzler, thank you for keeping me honest and for your constant devotion to fair play. You inspire a lot of people to play better.

-Brian

thank you staff and npcs for a kick *** time!!

as for my for my favorites,

seeing mike lol i was so surprised to see you it wasent even funny

seeing all my other friends too, i missed you guys as well alot

SUNDERDRAGON CHICK TEAM GO!!

the tiniest orc, she was the cutiest thing ever toting around that shield that was as tall as she was

getting cut off from the portal and knowing that it was gonna be bad. thinking when i was down that i was gonna lose everything i had on me. hearing seans nom nom noming sounds was funny
and its like, this is the second time a dang charnal titan has eaten me.
he went through the portal but i dissapated like almost right after he did so.

deborah's story when i ressurected was so moving i really enjoyed it thank you.

singing with michigo saturday night, i was about to start another song when i just happened to look up and noticed someone on the field and realizing it was morgryumm before anyone else as gary has a very distinct walk when playing him, like a tiger stalking its prey before it charges it.

almost rezing again during the bug/devourer fight twice. the first instance being saved by brat trying to find the life item on me. and cursing that i had to many pouches. twice having that item has saved me.

SILAS!
ben, i love having you at game i love our interations in and oog, but you dont know how much avalon dislikes silas.
seeing him come out of the healers cabin, it was good he was in there when you all were talking. but when he came out, i jumped out of my seat so fast it wasent even funny.
drenten saw that i was about to make it known i had seen him, when he came over to me and asked that i at least hear him out with what he had to say.
avalon listened, but only for drenten, not that she belived one word that came out of silas' mouth.

such a good weekend,
thanks all so much for making it so much fun.
i cant wait for next time,
also, the pictures are up on my fb page.

Edited by Sean Metzler Head of Rules

-This One. What an awesome character. It was also very cool finally getting to meet the guardian of my shard. Craig breaking out the Yin/Yang symbol to explain how the cycle would change and the irony that I didn't think of that. lol

-Legion strike team, GO! Also, not getting obliterated by the Withering Knight. That was peachy-keen.

-"Apparently that was my feral side."
"Your feral side is cute!"

-Avian stepping into his new role as Centurion and doing a bang up job of it.

-Talking Qiu Jun-Wu down off the proverbial ledge after he resurrected.

-Singing about Avalon and with Avalon, in that order. :) I need to learn the accompaniment to that song because it is so much better with it.

-NPCs for busting their butts in the oppressive heat (humidity)!

My favorite was definitely the trial. Good times.

Thanks to NPCs for their efforts and thanks to staff for running the show!

-Ben / Sherock

Fun event guys.

My top favorite of the weekend was the NPCs. You guys did killer at keeping the weekend busy, through the heat and humidity.

Wolf and I coming through the portal, and heading for the cabin. Within 5 minutes, having half the town come visit him. We thought we came in quiet.

Wolfs trial. I don't know when Gary went to law school, but it's certainly a job for him when he quits Alliance.

Seeing Skonch twice in one weekend. I LOVE roleplaying with Ben. Teaching us to Skonch seems like a very effective way to fight.

Meeting Destruction in the tavern for the first time. When we found out what she could offer the town if she became the Icon, she got a whole bunch of votes. Might as well call her the Flame Icon-Elect

The roleplay and subsequent ritual with the White Howlers. When they pulled me alone to the woodline, I assumed they were going to try to roll me. After finding out why they were there and offering my help freely, having them apologize for getting ready to roll me.

The Vanguard PR campaign. Recognizing we need to change our habits and having us work for it. After I hopped fence on Saturday for a bit, coming back to find my team found Tzydl in the woods, brought her back to the field and found her a life spell! Good job team.

Thanks guys for the weekend.

Hey folks, keep on posting your favorites, but please leave anything that could be taken as Metagaming out of them. Just remember that no one is perfect and things you read on the boards can effect perceptions in the game. Thank you and happy posting.

Sean Metzler Head of Rules

So I always have intent to post favorites then I forget. So I started writing this to make sure I get mine posted from this weekend. Thank you Deadlands staff and awesome amazing NPCs!!! Every one of you help make this game so much fun to play!

On to the favorites in no particular order!
• Everything the Hunt! It is so much fun running around with you and the role play is so much fun. Seeing Drenton show up was awesome!
• Aisling to Pointa, “No more dying, okay that’s it. No more.”
• Aisling and Pointa role play is always great! Meg it is always a blast to PC with you!
• Cira trying to get Vrie to join her tribe. Then explaining to Vrie that he could mate with other elves to make more and then tribe would get bigger. Jess you cracked me up.
• Brat and Pointa awkward flirting! Pointa makes remarks to Brat on what she could do later to her, but in her head she has no idea what comes “later”.
• Example of awkward flirting. Brat buys Pointa a drink and gives it to Pointa. Pointa holds the bottle like she is holding it for Brat. Brat says, “I bought that for you.” Pointa say, “Oh okay. Thank you?” Then gets nervous because Brat bought her a bottle of Elf wine and she is not sure why. Brat offers to open the bottle for Pointa, so Pointa gives her the bottle to open. Brat gives it back to Pointa and Pointa takes a drink and hands it back to Brat. Brat drinks and give it back to Pointa and then Pointa looks at Brat wondering why did she give it back to her. Brat says to Pointa, “I bought it for YOU.” Brat couldn’t tell but Pointa blushed and then she says , “Oh yea, sorry.” Pointa still confused on that stuff. LOL
• Nova trying to be the wingman for Brat, but Brat not knowing until later in the gather lol! Naga and Nova double date with Brat and Pointa! LOL Jaime and Paige you rock!!
• Friday night when Atrox appears behind Gary’s NPC and Pointa is like “Crap! Atrox!” as soon as she saw the Yellow hair and heard the laugh! (Great job Kate with playing her! I love to hate her!!!!) The funny thing is Pointa had just gotten done explaining to people about the different colors and tried to figure out if anyone has seen this doll like thing in the Deadlands! Then after Atroxs runs off people are like “who or what the heck is that.” Pointa was like “That was the thing I was asking you about.” Silly people no one listens to the Orcs. LOL
• Saturday night in the Tavern when Pointa walks in all pissed off. Sorry to the people in the Tavern you got smacked with Pointa don’t give a crap moment! Great Role play and Pointa talking crap to Ameranthus, even though he was being nice to her.

Ameranthus: “I listen to what you say Pointa.”

Pointa: No you don’t! You didn’t know who the crap I am until a few gathers ago.”

Not sure who it was, but someone says "You might be careful how you talk to him.". As Pointa stands behind him and was like “Oh what, you wear a white belt don’t you, am I supposed to kneel.” Then at the moment picks up her right knee like a flamingo and says, “there!”, fist bumps Nadarin and then walks out the tavern with her cup of ale.
• Teacher! Sean it is always a blast when you come out as him.
• The trial was cool. As much as Jill digs the court trials, Pointa could care less. Very well done by everyone.
• Evan no matter what role you play it is so much fun to interact with you! Keep up the awesome role play! Remember Pointa bought you Ale as your Bar bar, even though she was trying to move in on the female Bar bar, Lavana! She still owns me a night of drinks and stones playing… Stood up by both female Bar Bars. Pointa must be doing something wrong. Elissa thanks for the great role play too and not kicking Pointa’s butt for being loud and trying to distract you to talk to you because you were cute.

Thanks again for a great weekend!

Lets see...

Meeting Thrak and finally having my first REAL fighter to fighter honor combat. A lot of people don't know that the Sandborn don't honor combat every ogre they see. Shamans are instantly ranked above fighters, so I'm not going to challenge one but will accept their challenge. Regardless of the outcome, they will still be my superior. This one actually meant something to Ona.

Ogre Panthergaunt was a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks Dan for the great fight.

Deadlands is the first chapter that I've gotten a taste of being involved in plot somewhat being elementally touched and it's been awesome. Ona was able to rift a group of people and has no idea how he did it! Thanks for that Sean.

Using the activate prison in Uppercut to take down stun limb guy and the look in Sean's eyes as I was doing the killing blow to see if I remembered to say "Prison down".

The group of gnolls Sunday morning practicing their battle formations. "Oh wow guys! That is one sweet battle formation you got going"

No matter what fight it was, somehow, always ending up side by side with Brat on the front line and looking over to be like "Oh hey!"

Teasing Aisling about how I was using her AA because she didn't want to use magic items.

And ALL of the NPCs this weekend. You guys and gals all did an awesome job. I was thoroughly entertained and hope you all had a great time as well.

First off, thank you PC's and NPC's for an awesome weekend!

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
Headed to bed on Saturday night...hearing something in the darkness shhhhshshsshsss me. Thinking it was an adventurer upset that I gave away their hiding space. Then getting paralysis'd and eaten...Thank you Luke! Next time I'll be more apt to be afraid of the stuff making noises in the dark HAHAH

Your welcome! Hehe. I loved playing that role.

Seeing Drenten and Santet and going toe to toe with them. Thanks guys, its always a pleasure to do battle against you.

Evan's monologue character.

Late night husk mod on Saturday. I love those crazy zombies.

Thanks again everyone! Hope to see you in August!

Back