July Faves!

wowy319

Artisan
As always, thank you NPCs! Thank you Staff! I had a lot of fun this event. Let's start the favorites.

The corpseapult. Everything relating to it was awesome, from the semi-intelligent Charnel Titan operating it to Helix's dive to Thrak's posthumous kill.
Silas's appearances in town. Actually talking to him and sort of understanding why he kept coming around was pretty cool.
Death Elementals and their various hijinks.
Void's re-forging and being in the same room as two lords of Legacy. Aklead's enjoyment of how scared Caillen was made for awesome RP. I was shaking after they both left the tavern.
Fisher cat/Angler fish hybrids.
Getting to play a fighter thanks to the Sons of Thunder mechanic.
Gary's spectral critter throwing around Love #9 at people.
Siroxas (sp?) getting cursed and announcing "No more art, no more adding to my collection! EVERYONE DIES!
Nether meeting Silas. I don't think anyone saw what happened coming.
Finding out the gravity of the tournament we're going to be having.

On another note, I think I'm getting jaded, because my first thought when seeing Edric in a Legacy tabard was "he's betrayed us."

Before I start, I just want to thank the Gary and Sean for an amazing weekend. Thanks for all the fun combat roles.

- The low level mod with Gary and myself.
- The corpseapult <3
- Late night Eadric (sp?) mod in the rain, while the sky is being lit up with lightning.
- Re-forging of void. Epic.
- My just about an hour long Gnoll combat session in the heat. Throwing alchemy and smacking PC's = awesome.
- The tree mod on Saturday. Amazing.
- Ben and me as chaos elemental's.
- The horrific sounds of angler-fischer cats played by Ben and Brian. Freakin' sweet.

Well, I know there is more, but I need more sleep, lol. I had a blast this weekend! Can't wait until next month! See you all then!

1) Helix's dive from the shotgun blast of gas globes flying out of the catapult was so funny that even if we didn't have to call the hold to explain the effect we would still have to call it so that everyone could just laugh for a couple minutes.

2) The Edric mods were a lot of fun to run. Having to conduct a scene, stop, and then rewind it so that the pcs could change the outcome was a really interesting effect to watch. Kudos to Sean for coming up with that. (BTW- All of the Edric mods were Sean's idea. Sean, our head of rules who still claims to not be a plot member, yet manages to write and run more each event. :lol: )

3) The pcs reactions to the Puriel mod. Great job at not just jumping the gun, but actually thinking through what would work for the long run.

4) Making Reinhart an Ahroun. Great job holding up in that fight. Three against one is no easy task for anyone, for that long.

5) The angler-fisher cats- proving you can give pretty much any roles to Brian and Ben and they will find someway to entertain the town for in a memorable way. Highlight: Brian running into the tavern making that god awful noise and scaring the living s**t out of Ator.

The look on Shane's face...you would have thought we gave Brian the go to run through the door with a lit stick of dynamite.

It was really fun to run this weekend. The pcs and npcs did such a great job. Thank you.

1. Finally destroying the Felblade. That was incredibly satisfying.
Holding down Draugr with my sword at his throat to question him; Draugr just laughing at me until I asked in almost a whisper "Hey -- where's your spirit linked magic sword? Where is it?" Gary's reaction was awesome, and I'm pretty sure he was about to +12 Strength throw me across the field if I hadn't cut his head off immediately.

2. Getting our barbarian plot chocolate in the werewolf plot peanut butter. Or maybe the other way around. Either way it's awesome.

3. "All right -- maybe we don't have to kill you. Can you come over here so my friend Tabin can make sure you're not undead? ... 30 magic! 30 magic!"
Casters don't get a fair fight out of the guy with no resistance to Command effects, sorry guys!

4. Yelling so much that almost every user I've gotten a support call from today has asked me "Are you okay?" because my voice is cracking and hoarse.

5. Something good coming from Inappropriate Touching, for once. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have ended well otherwise -- lots of people would have dropped.

Thanks for the great weekend!

Shane said:
5. Something good coming from Inappropriate Touching, for once. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have ended well otherwise -- lots of people would have dropped.
The moment I realized what had happened and how close I was standing to you in combination with everything else made me consider just dropping onto the ground in spite of the accidental tramplings I'd have probably received.

Absolutely phenomenal event. Super kudos to Gary and Sean and all else involved in this two parter. I had so much fun with RP this weekend, both being part of and witnessing. THe story development was delicious.

- Edric mods. Hands down some great RP. My favorite being the one where we had to convince him not to execute the farmer healer, but the final memory was definitely amazing as well. I had no idea gary could make his voice that deep... lol

- Going into puriel and talking to the guardian. Again another stellar RP mod. Also realizing the ramifications of what could happen if we took the shard, and having the satisfaction of having inside info from a plot write up at the beginning of the year.

- First friday night wav battle and being turned into a gnoll and getting to play a blood lusted Avian. Definitely different for him, and quite a unique experience. I had a blast with that. Completely scaring the new adventurer dark elf cause he tried waylaying me with a magic armor on. Turning around like i was about to kill him and only not because Thrak got in my way. Talk about role reversal.

- the catapult and helix's futile dive. As gary already said.. absolutely hilarious.

- managing to have both me and dougs new elf(cant remember the name) get paralyzed in the saturday night wave battle infront of like 5 other people and have none of them notice because they were arguing over how to KB the Sir Roxas... all i could think of was.... "figures"...

- having the back cabin be the seekers cabin. And having Sako officially join the team. go sean connery hobling.

- making up stupid songs with Azuerith.

plenty others... just cant remember them right now

Woot! Another fantastic event! Here’s my favs:

-Going out with Brian and Kelly as the Death Kin. This trio was definitely the highlight of my weekend. Beazon (sp?) telling Tabin about his Very Important Mission: to cast a planar gate so we could go streaking on the plane of life.

-Making Nova my bitch. <3

-Catapult!

-Getting to play teeny-bopper Penelope in one of the Edric‘s memory mods, especially after Kelly found the perfect wig. Gary’s character trying to convince Edric to go for it, and of course Sean as the perfect gentleman is always a pleasure :)

-Group Therapy

-CASEY NO!!!!

-The Moon module. I love the concept of a construct made out of moonlight, and watching Tabin fight his fears was pretty awesome. The new NPCs did a great job with that.

-Dan roleplaying the loss of her permanently dead sons (for the second time). You almost made me cry.

-Watching Albert kick *** and take names pretty much whenever he went out.

-Playing Sadeen Moorian sisters with Kelly. Damn girl you know how to lay on the guilt trip.

-Helix attempting to help and just making things worse… and worse… and worse.

-Alchemical. Purify. and the Permanence Cat that was not meant to be. I wish I was that hardcore.

Cannot wait for the tournament! See you all there!

Nether's crazy magic effects on all the people around her were another high point. Being magically forced to sing and being told by Nether not to stop was scary at first, until Wolf was forced to harmonize to a song he didn't know the words to. Then it was hilarious.

And yes, the story about the bear who could talk, but as we established was not magical made the entire morning. Kelly finally breaking out of paralysis mid-story and yelling that we were all insane would have offended Caillen if we hadn't been giving her solid evidence that she was right.

ANGLER-FISHER-CAT-FISH!

Man, those things were awesome... when they came screaming into the tavern... Wow.

The new players were awesome. I've never seen anyone fight quite like that. There's usually a little bit less spinning and jumping, but it was really cool to watch.

The corpseapult.

The debaucherous death elementals.

Nether was interesting. And terrifying.

All in all, great event.

EDIT: Also, helix's story in the tavern! That was awesome! Woo!

Well, since everyone has already mentioned the Angler-Fisher-Cats and Helix's epic globe-pwning, here are some of my additional favs:

-EPIC NPC roleplaying action on Friday night! Kudos to all of the Lords for being suitably menacing.

-Speaking of delicious NPC roleplaying, hearing Nether absolutely howling at Silus. Win!

-Watching Deborah drop to her knees and cry at Ras's crumbly-statue return absolutely TORE MY HEART OUT. Oh God. Maybe now Luka will learn to shut her mouth (likelihood: low to moderate). The banter between Thrak and Ator that went on at the same time was also, as Helix would say, "wicked sweet".

-Speaking of Ator, MENACING DEMIA. I have never seen a man pace and snarl so hard.

Thank you all for making my first Deadlands weekend so fun! <3 I'll see you all again as soon as I work up the gas money to get all the way up there, haha!

This was my first time PCing Deadlands after two and a half years of NPCing, and I gotta say, I had a blast. Y'all will probably see Constance being a grand ol' sketchball around town again in the future.

So my favorites...
-Actually managing to get out of fighter mentality (my primary is a fighter), and succeeding in sneaking up behind several things. It was a nice little ego boost.
-Getting into town Friday night and being genuinely disconcerted at how many Pure Lords were crawling around town.
-Gaining the reputation as the Not Crazy Sadeen Moorian, despite still holding onto many of the Sadeen Moore beliefs.
-RP with Gary and Ben Saturday night as Samuel and Silas. Thank you guys so much.
-MEETING Good Father on the Sunday morning Edric mod. God, that was such a mind **** for Constance. She was just like "I am...pretty much meeting God right now, and he thinks I'm a traitor to the cause. This does not bode well."
-Gassing down Gary's Wraith Tempter. Also a terrific little ego boost.
-IDK, getting a permanence catalyst my first time PCing a chapter as a level three character.
-Then selling it for a bucket of alchemy. So, so pleased.

All-in-all, amazing event. NPC camp may end up losing one of their regulars now. We shall see.

Well, I was only able to make a single day of NPCing once more, but admit I enjoyed myself quite a bit. I was also able to once again convince my friend Hao to come along, and he had a great time as well.

My highlights begin with the moment I showed up at the event and got the siege weapon out of the car and started carrying it under the tarp with Hao, and before I know it, Gary and Sean are there and setting it up and firing it before it's even put together with these huge grins on their faces, and it's been dubbed the corpseapult and Sean is going "wait for it... massive eviscerate!" It was really cool and really rewarding to see the excitement over the weapon from both the staff and players, even though Tim and my brother were much more involved in its construction.

Fighting in the woods next to the cliff. I'd only been to one and a half events at this site, but I'd never seen this area used before. I thought it made a great change from the usual field or mod path fights, and really enjoyed the dynamics of fighting in the woods and running around between the trees.

Playing the role of the true mortal brought back to life by his father. I had a great time with this role, really got into the roleplaying of arguing our existence to the PC's. When Shane tricked us (how could you!!) There was a short bit of intense combat before the death spell and subsequent burning of our bodies. Even after my part in the mod was done I stayed around to learn more, and to enjoy the continued antics of the death elementals (congrats, another favorite for sure, haha)

The angler-fisher cats - first hearing them, then having them explained to me, and then finally the two, grinning ear to ear, returning to NPC camp.

Fighting the lowbies saturday night as they went down the path setting the fires. Worrying that we might Rez them all :D

Getting a ride to Ramuntos with jeff, and then a whole bunch of others joining us there.

The deadlands staff and other NPCs - always inspiring

Thanks for a great time everyone! If I can make it, I'm hoping to see all of you again in August, and possibly even let Far have a reappearance after more than a year of absence.

Time for mine:

I have a team in NH????
OOG in log Jess seeing Brennon and Dave and them actually convincing her that not only were they not twins, but they weren't brothers.
Morai: "I search..." Sun:"I continue Morai's search" Sooner or later I'll get better at this than Gilbert. :)
Sun trying to learn two weapons and doing fine until she blocked with her bow "Ow! It still hurts me!"
Mod going into his head on Sat night. Nothing like healing a Pure Lord.
Before said mod: "Just so you know, the only other time I've gone into someone's head, I watched Void get made. Just a warning."
"I've been tracking someone wearing your shoes" - Apparently plot wanted to find me.
The DE mod. That was a lot of fun. Sun's been in the caverns twice now.
New DE! Dude, you were great. The fact that I found out where you live was the icing on the cake.
Corpseapolt! To everyone invovled in that, that may be the best prop I've ever seen ig.
Helix's dive out of the way of all the alc. Funniest moment of the event.
Second funniest moment: "Are you all insane???" That was beautiful. Helix's story was also great.
Poor Sean not playing his DE and all of us making fun of him for missing the 4.5 other DE's in town and DE plot.
Having a couple of people come up to me and ask who my "new adventure" friends were. That's what happens when you guys don't play a chapter for 3-5 years. :)
Getting Love 9'ed at the end of the event and realizing as I was about to RP Love with Gary that I was actually looking at Tabin when it happened. Sun's response to run away and watch from afar and if he got hit once, run up and check if he needed healing.
Ator constantly giving Sun back her sword during the last battle. She felt special that he was actually looking after her stuff and didn't want to tell him that she kept dropping it because she didn't figure out how to use the sword with her bow yet.
I'm sure there was more, but people are showing up to work so see you guys at the next event!

thanks npc's and staff for another awesome event!!
i had so much fun this weekend.

a few favorites have to be
the fisher cat angler fish things. OMG the sound ben and brian were making, probably more brian was the weirdest most ridiculus sound i have ever heard.

the corpseapault and being the one who shattered the first one. yay, but thanks in part to ray also expending 2 shatters for that as well and me being very glad i took 4 shatters.

all the wave battles being absolutly brutal,
especialy sunday

the alchamy shower and everyone scattering but seeing helix just watch the cloud of death coming right at her and taking at least 6 of them on her shell as she dove.

the mod where keely had to be tested. omg, ray that was the most amazing example of staff prowess i have ever seen before in my life! those all who missed it missed an amazing thing.

silas, silas, silas, silas, avalon really hates that guy.
i was bleeding out, actually dead when the transformation effect happened friday night. and i really thought i was going to rez because i got transformed into a gnoll. but lucky for me, i kept my head down untill nova lifed me. and when i awoke, she went omg! :lol: but boy was avalon maaaadddddd. :x
i even went into the woods when he left looking for him uncaring about the potential danger, and laughed on the inside because everyone else stayed at the edge of the woods.
and saturday night when nellys pc said that the sarr was silas i was inside the taven, i run out but then i decided to play it cool and just calmly walk up to him. he waved at me and i just nodded the 'sup. and gathered as much aura into my hand as i could before i unleased a couple dragon's breaths and everyone else went "OMG AVALON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and i just yell at them "ITS SILAS!!!" and they dont belive me untill ben tools me down with some half a dozen 20 ice blows. and i heard " omg, i think she was right."
then i get healed and of course what dose avalon do? go running right after him again. and lauren playing the barroness snags me by my cowl and i scream as im yanked off my feet. course she thinks its real. anyway, im pacing back and forth cause avalon's furious and shes like if you dont hold still, im gonna put you in a prison. and im like daring her to do it cause it was the only way to stop me. but dan got a sneak attack waylay on me instead. and i end up in the tavern and also in a prison thanks to osiris.
when i awake, and the prison drops, the fighting is still going on out side. and i run right out screaming silas's name and attacking him.and i hear lauren scream my name as well cause she knows im back outside fighting.
after silas is sent packing, she gives me a harsh harsh talking too. and made avalon cry. :lol:

dumping nearly all my lightning storms into siraxsis (sp?), bills big bad gorgon guy. and feeling kind of crazy taking him on alone. on sunday

dumping a lot of bolts and elemental wand damage into sean's back as he went to check on his legacy team mate and then him turning and i go "oh ****." and take off running and when i look behind me, i see he's still following me, and i kick it into a higher gear but then im also like, im not going to out run sean. >< and then he gets me. and eats me ><. and im watching the fight going on and its not boding well for me. and time runs out as when they cut me out, as i go down, i also dissapate. :eek: and im not mad about it at all.

thanks again npc's and staff, i cant wait for the next event. looks to be like some serious fun.

syra pefferfoot said:
dumping a lot of bolts and elemental wand damage into sean's back as he went to check on his legacy team mate and then him turning and i go "oh s***." and take off running and when i look behind me, i see he's still following me, and i kick it into a higher gear but then im also like, im not going to out run sean. >< and then he gets me. and eats me ><. and im watching the fight going on and its not boding well for me. and time runs out as when they cut me out, as i go down, i also dissapate. :eek: and im not mad about it at all.

I was 1 second away from saving you... Avian was not please.. Avian is still not pleased

the catapult

sunday morning as sean and the rest of us figured out how to launch several alchemy packets at once. the team effort that ensued was amazing.

casey dooming the town with reforging of void (void gollem...neat!)

the phys rep of new void (NICE job Mike drenten)

playing my new biata (gotta figure out how to make those eyebrows stick in humid weather!)
"Lord Nicodemus how am I supposed to help heal and protect you if you're always running off into the darkness to deal with stuff?!"

Daichi "Lord Nicodemus who are your protectors? Do you have a guard?"
Nicodemus "The sword and shield"
Daichi "oh."

nicodemus/jeff looking soooo sweet in his new jerkin

seeing everyone again...honestly this is the only reason i go to larp..just to see all you awesome people again

sunday wave battle side line conversation with becca...truth sistah...truth.

kelly as her sweet villains...they're almost too cute to kill aren't they?

trying to be all serious and stand offish and then the dark elf and constance making daichi laugh. BONE gollem!

So we're guarding this shed while the people inside take a nap? Yes, it would seem so.

constance....nicely done nelly

help with cleaning up NPC camp...I really appreciate it greatly

hanging out with one of my best friends in the universe...Ben...you rock. you put EVERYTHING into every NPC you play..even the crunchies.

watching sean's face light up each time the catapult was used

the angler fishercats...although i didn't get to see them...the idea and the stories made me laugh

Too many more to mention. I can't WAIT FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN AUGUST!

Back