July Favorites!

Hey guys,

What did you guys love about the July event? Well, besides the awesome new site?

Rob

I had so many flashbacks to that site. It was great. My first event was there 14 years ago. Everything seemed so much bigger then.

The event size was amazing. It was awesome to see so many players.

I enjoyed the site, it's got a lot of potential and room to grow/see new things. I know we'll be one less cabin in the future, which should be fine as we almost had too much room this event. Here are my favorites in no particular order.

1.) RP with Badwolf, and the The Englishmen, I don't often get to tell people to stuff it and assault me if they really want to push their luck.
2.) Ritual casting the Perm Earth circle, I'll admit it was on the fly, but I think I pulled it together reasonably well. (I REALLY need to create a rit box to take with me everywhere.)
3.) RP with various town folks, from being asked to help create a weapon for someone outside my team to realizing that somehow I ended up as the default "leader" or head of town (how did that happen?!)
4.) Corrupt Fight Saturday night, started off fine for the first few nodes until the corrupt decided I was a problem and broke out the arcane deaths.
5.) "Charm, Charm, Charm, Charm, Charm, Charm,...sleep!" Then Bart turning to me "We are going to talk after this....." opps, usually I don't break those out in front of the MWEs.
6.) Different columns, I didn't realize just how break your things Enan can be if he forgoes his weaknesses.

My Favorites:
1. The new site was very nice. Water you can drink right from the tap, showers, and bathrooms that don’t stink and that you don’t have to fear ya might fall into it. All a big plus.
2. Being asked to join the Brotherhood (Yes that is what we are called. Not the Englishmen. Still boggled by that.) Thank you boys.
3. Having the Boys worried that if they didn’t bet that giant magic nut for Don’t she would kill them. That was just funny and sweet all that the same time. :D
4. Trying hard NOT to hurt the tree. Then was being one of the very few standing there watching it fall. “TIMBER!!!”
5. RPing with Enan about the Squirrel Empire and titles.
6. The Bards…..
7. Sunday morning Mod….. OMG that was so funny. Even though I was hit with a laugh I was laughing I was really laughing my butt off watching; Gnot hiding behind a tree, Keeper running around the building, Cal and Foss being charmed to fight each other (when cal feel to the ground getting it with a heal and getting up over and over). That was just so funny to watch.
8. Having Don’t get mad, scared and panicky when she released that she couldn’t rift back home on the Saturday night mod. (Sorry to anyone who may have thought Dawn was getting mad. I was fine. Don’t was upset. She doesn’t get that way ever and I guess I haven’t worked out that RP yet. :oops: )
9. THE GIANT GOLD NUT!!! OMG the bling of it all... Don’t really doesn’t care what It does….. IT’s just COOL!!
10. RPing with Foss on what he should have done about stuff and how we thought he was wrong. :p
11. Working as a team with the Brotherhood.

There is more but I will stop here. I want to thank the NPC as always ya all ROCK, and the SOMI people for coming all the way down to play with us. *Hugs to ya all*

I had a really good weekend. Thanks to all that NPC'd and ran everything this weekend. Thank you to everyone for not just walking into the kitchen like you owned when I was cooking and for all the offered help (really helped make my weekend). Now to my favorites.

• All the confusion with having 2 people who go by Kit.
  • Getting to meet the illusive Kitsune for the first time!
  • LifeStorm sleeping arrangements and no one wanting top bunks.
  • Earth Circle casting goodness.
  • Stupid goblins...Dumb Arena
  • All Cherry/Pasha Poot connection.
  • Ashnar "Is it ok for me to do this?" Then proceeding to beat down Bart and EA him.
  • Beserked Asura and Bart (and a very small extent me).
  • Probably the best organized Corrupt mod I've gone on. We've got a plan. We will stick with the plan!
  • Enan forgetting for just a moment that Bart was next to him while using commands.
  • And So much more too.

Thanks again everyone and can't wait to see you in September!

-Daphne

Thanks Pcs and Npcs alike, great event...a few favorites in no particular order.

-Shadowslight Elephantal bonding time, npcing a mod together was awesome
-Fae Deals, People jump into them way to easy
-Rock a bye baby...
-Taco Bar
-Death Magic Tricks, glad Maglin had a spell shield
-Ryan serenading Carly with Aerosmsmith Priceless
-Bunny Mod was weird but rped great by everyone
-Holding the Center in the Corrupt Mod
-Cursing Marsters to feel the need for family

-Being the guy whose like hey make sure your hydrating to everyone and than going like 12 hours without using the washroom, guess I should listen to myself... :huh:
-Also a big thanks to those few who gave me the hug and peep talk during my late night snickers moment... :thumbsup:
-Finally, love you all see you in Sept, (or in a few cases sooner)

Had a great time this event! Here are the favorites!

- NPCs: Thank you for your never-ending energy and entertainment!
- The Site: Great new site, for sure. I hope you guys can keep running here! Its SUPER nice to play a make-up race and be able to take frequent showers!
- Elephantist Mod: Well stat'ed and very well NPC'ed. I had a great time on this mod for sure!
- Saturday Corrupt Mod: Holding off the Wardancers with a Circle of Power. Big thanks to the Wardancer NPCs who stayed in character and RPed with us.
- Durk the Berserk: I love fighting, and killing, my friends. When Ashnar berserks Durk, it always ends up being a very interesting fight..... :)
- The PCs: Thank you all for keeping the outsiders informed! Of the people who wanted to know what was going on (not Durk's strong point, FYI) they all got the information they needed quickly. For that, I say thank you helpful PCs.

Hope to see you guys soon!

GJ
- AKA John Leino
- AKA Durk Bloodrune

Wow! Where to even begin...

-The awesome new site, showers, beds, showers, kitchens, showers, toilets, and showers!
-The bards Sam and Lucky, it was nice having a little soundtrack here and there.
-The Greatest Fishing Story NEVER Told.
-On said mod: "Keep it together, Nathan! We're professionals!"
-First blessing: The gathered Fishing group reacting like a faith healing was occurring.
-The Brotherhood grows! We're so excited to welcome our newest initiates, Dont and Gnot!
-Walking into town to see Gandian having a fit near a tree, deciding to check it out and then getting some really cool story info I wouldn't have otherwise heard.
-Willy's incredible backpedal running and swinging npc. (Seriously, that kid has some wheels.)
-Second Blessing: Cherry Spirit! Whoo! First slayer buff!
-The huge corrupt mod Saturday night that absolutely destroyed my back. :pinch:
-The grateful looks on npc and pc faces alike when i gave them water bottles afterwards. (Big apology if I didn't get around to you!)

As always another HUGE thank you to every NPC and plot staff member for making it all happen!

See you all in September!

Glad to see a lot of fresh faces from the SoMI/TC region. Thanks to anyone who hopped fence at some point to NPC. In no particular order my favorites:

- Love love love the site. There is just something new to be discovered wherever I turn (example: The arena)
- Playing Minze and leading the PCs into a trap, telling them exactly what they were getting into and then telling them against whom they were getting trapped by....then trapping them.
- Talking more with Asura the few hours I was IG than 1 year at SoMN. "Visibly what do I see?"- Asura. *blank stare* "your best friend from Gaden"-me. "Oh Asher!"- Asura
- No one recognizing a Dryad in Wayside...then finding out I was the only Dryad in Wayside since my last time in Wayside...2 years ago!
- Alchemy lab mod--48oz and 30 minutes after Meglan figured it out....you all figured it out.
- Same mod-- finding creative uses to disarm the traps for a few seconds using little trinkets
- Getting to yell at Rob and Paul as a Lizardman and causing a rebellion!
- Showers!
- Singing "Faith of the Heart" by Russel Watson to Carly's BBG--and learning it was stuck in her head for hours after.
- Watching PCs kill the little Lizardmen handing them a note...then not reading the back of the note.

First, want to thank Paul and Rob and anyone else involved in getting the new site. It is awesome and I hope we will stay. Second, want to thank the NPCs for creating an awesome event even in the heat. So some of my favs
1. The Mod that NEVER happened. The Brotherhood, Sam and Lucky know what I'm talking about.
2. Getting Don't and Gnot to join the Brotherhood, plus Runt as a new recruit. Our army is growing (insert evil laugh)
3. RPing with Dave. I think I shocked a few people. No one has ever seen Keeper angry.
4. The honor duel. "Life spell, you cheated!!" Nicely done Badwolf.
5. Kalin trying to rescue Kael from the ward. How many times do you have to die Kalin to realize you idea isn't working. lol
6. Bunny mode and Rob chasing me around a bush and me screaming like a little girl.
7.Getting the Golden Acorn. "We have to buy that or Don't will kill us!"
8.Brittany getting me 3 times with fear in 10 minutes and poor Ryan having to chance me down to cure me each time. lol
9. Foss finding out it's his Cherry tree. Damn it Foss, you are not aloud to touch anything anymore.
Thanks again to everyone for a great event. Hope to see you all in September.

First I have to say thank you NPCS!!!!!!!! Amazing work as usual. Even in the heat you all were on your game, and still teaching us newbies how it's done. Here is my favorites.

-My First death. Never throwing garbage away again EVER.
-The MOD that never happened. "I am starting to feel guilty guys..."
-The Brotherhoods first two new members. Love ya!
-Seeing everyone in shock as the Brotherhood showed up for an auction for the first time in a year and a half.
-Lightning mod, and making Brit laugh at how I was fighting on a cloud.
-Becoming the bunny champion!
-Seeing Enan dying and sending a heal his way, and then having him give me a heal less then a minute later when I go down. This is gonna be a weird.
-Defending Runt as he decides to cast magic storm with only me around to defend him.

I'm sure their is more, but I have a brain fart. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game! I LOVED the new sight as anyone who talked to me for longer then two seconds knows. But it was also fun to see a lot of new faces and I hope our game can continue to grow.

1) The Mod that can not be spoken of. Awesome bit of roleplay and cascading events, it just got more awesome.
2)Que ' Zeal ' Ah ' Thor - or The All Cherry Spirit for short. I love playing him, and I loved the fact that people didn't attack me at all, not even on spell or weapon blow. Wish I had seen the combat for it, but oh wells =)
3) The Warder Glyph, it sucks it cause someone to rez, but I found it interesting using a ritual like that.
4) Reintroducing the SpellStiched. More will be coming the following market days.
5) The food was great, I enjoyed my massive meal for dinner
6) The Corrupt battle was fun, I was glad we could give people a true corrupt fight.
7) The Eleven Tree commune, I can;t wait to see what comes of that. Yay, for new plot lines and the beginning of great things.
8) The Whipped Cream incident, we couldn't stop laughing for like 20min.

And once again the site. I hope people continue to show so we can continue to us that wonderful site.

My first time at Chicago, and I'm glad I came out. Some of my more memorable likes:

-Sam and Lucky. FIrst PCs in game, talkative and great roleplayer in Sam, and Lucky schooling me in my own game and asking for a Stone Bolt on his way outta town. Kudos, gentlemen.
-Paul's ability to play a plethora of different personalities realistically. Loved Thane for his personality, then loved Lord Artemis for completely different reasons. Nice job, sir.
-The Plot Team's ability to roll with the PC's and create on the fly. Whether it was getting an army of Elephant Kin, negotiating peace between the lizards, or trying to traverse this Noble situation, the plot team did a great job creating and facilitating their plot past the first idea. 'Preciated.
-Major props to the player of Gandian (the celestial caster elf, right?). Not only were you a great roleplayer and a great fighter, but you selflessly NPC'ed multiple times, and I thought that was super cool. I really hope I get to play with you again soon.
-Ashnar's back and forth with Enan. Can be nerve-wracking, but I hope you enjoy that little spice as much as I do, Dave. =)
-Yelling at Foss to give me permission to beat up Bart. That was going down whether he did or didn't, but it's always good to avoid breaking laws when able. =)
-Making someone's list! Thanks Daphne!

Thanks again, everyone. It was a good first experience, and I can definitely seeing myself return in the future.

Steve
Ashnar JerkBeard

Favorites from the past event, in no particular order:

1. the site, all sorts of greatness :D
2. Opening mod. All sorts of stress and surprises attempting to get my OOG wife and IG mate/lover and the circle master rescued. Literally had me scared for near a week before the event, and I literally had to beg to get the last spell to cure her. Now imagine a deerkyn begging. Made for awesome RP :D
3. Awesome one of one RP with multiple characters
4. Honor Duel. It was amazing to watch the drama unfold.
5. The werewolf/wolfkin whatever going NUTS on saturday night was quite amusing.....and for me personally,being a prey-type kyn, kinda scary (I AM NOT FOOD! :p)
6. The mod with the tree. Have never felt more effective, Nahani got his vengeance fed(for now), and discovered right at the end of the event about the spirit of the tree talking to other adventurers. Nahani and that spirit have a LOT to talk about.
7. Corrupt mod. YAY to great tactics.
8. Getting told IG by 2 different predator types that I was a beast in combat. Yeah, that will give a stag some glowing pride :D

Back