July favorites

Goodness gracious, this was such a deep emotion event that my mind is all jumbled, let's see if I can put it all into words :)

-Getting into game, and very quickly running to hide, because there are spracta.
-on the same note "I wouldn't sass talk them, we're not even sure that counts as a doorway"(for the purposes of a wall of force) and turning around and seeing the other people around me start laughing.
-MATCHING SKULL CUPS
-giving Ruis her wedding gift, and having the necklace become a head piece.
-insulting a phantom (while walking towards it, brushing off fears) until it left.
-"I engulf you one..." 14 flame, 14 flame, 14 flame ,NO, SIT DOWN!
- All of the moments with Dame Kai, especially when Kar first found out that there was a ritual that needed someone to sacrifice their spirit as a catalyst and just had a stare off that basically went into a wordless "it's you isn't it" "...yes" "for goodness sake "
-Singing in the tavern and having Larien catch Kar's breakdown and helping her sing through it.
-Thorn and Ruis stumbling onto Kar's wedding and taking over, helping set up, and magically having gifts. I felt so taken care of! Dame Kailani just being there and helping everything go smoothly was so good T.T
-Kar's last gift to Dame Kailani, and going through "putting on our outside faces" afterwards.
-on the topic of weddings: the astecure fueled wedding was beautiful.
-Kar's wedding, it was lovely, thank you everyone that was involved and goodness will I have feels for a while. Bloody Knight husband person and all of the feels, and calling Kar a lady *shakes fist*
-Those soft moments between Kar and Sir Amaranthus, they are wonderful and comedic at the same time, like "I'm not getting up, my wife is in my lap", and then two minutes later "you pulled me away from that, for a **** measuring contest??!!"
-Singing that last song for Dame Kailani, and having my voice break, and just hearing people disintegrate into sobs (ALSO made the corpse cry! Mwahahaha)

There were SO many moments and so much beauty and feels this event, I'm just goldfishing and either don't know what to say or can't get all of my thoughts in order.

On an OOG note, thank you Tracy and everyone for helping me get to and from game, and dinner, and being an awesome group of people overall!

Firstly, thank you to staff, kitchen staff, and NPCs for working your butts off to entertain us through rain, more rain, and even more rain. It's hard to keep energy high when everyone is sopping wet, and your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

Secondly, thank you to Erika Noach. Dame Kailani was an integral part of my primary PC's development over the past three or so years, and it was a pleasure playing with her, growing with her, and watching her grow both IG and OOG in kind. Both Bad Mom and I will miss Kailani, but I am grateful for the past few years we've had making terrible decisions both in Icenia and Barran. If nothing else, I promise that somehow, some way, Kailani really did change V for the better... to her eternal chagrin.

-Henry's new PC, Pip, was a delight and I am really grateful he finally has a character I can jive with as V. I love how he struggles not to just blurt out the first thing that comes to his mind in a given situation as well as his wonder at the strange, new world in which he found himself. I am more excited about Stormbreak having interacted with him, and hope other players get to see what I did this weekend.
-Fire berries from Grim and the endless amusement they created: Grim's unfortunate uvula incident, Ket's horrified sobbing, and discovering that, unfortunately, marshmallows really temper the heat on those things.
-Matching skull cups for everyone!
-I had some really great moments with Sarah's PC, Rayna, this weekend, especially after learning about what Kailani was going to do as well as subsequent her failure to pass her worthiness challenge for the sacrifice. It's neat to see how V and Rayna's relationship has changed over the past three years and how Kailani was sort of the lynch-pin of it all.
-BUMBLE STEED. Jeremy Rogers is a champ and gets extra points for phys-repping a bumblebee butt.
-After a sobfest with Chulainn and Rayna, we stand to leave. Chulainn takes one look at V as she's about to walk outside and says, with perfect exasperation, "You should... probably wash the blood off your hands."
-All things Paolo/Mike Deutzmann, who is just a perfect human and beacon of humor in an otherwise humorless situation.
-Getting some Sad Mom/Bad Mom time with Ezri, and the "oh God no" look on Mich's face when V swore fealty to her. "Shush, your Excellency."
-Drunk weddings is best weddings.
-Let's talk about that cool-*** pool and fog setup for the recurring challenge/sacrifice mod. A+ ambience, would bleed into pools of perfect water again.
-Kyle Spriggle. He went out of his way both IG and OOG to make sure I was having a good time, and never dropped his stellar RP to do so. It can be hard playing a foreign PC, but he did a great job making me feel like my character's thoughts and opinions mattered.
-Mike Zapp is a bastion of good sportsmanship and is always willing to let other PCs have the spotlight. That's rare and important when you're playing /with/ everyone as opposed to against them. If you ever get a chance to RP with Thermosis, do it. Mike is a treat.

Thanks again for a delightful event, everyone. I won't be able to make it back this year, so I hope everyone continues being their excellent selves... and continues being excellent to each other.

Yay stuff, things!

Very short as I wasn't very active npc wise, by choice really.

1) Weddings: Kar and Amaranthus, a right to the point wedding ceremony which is probably how a Biata/Stone Elf marriage should work.

2) So Amaranthus, it seems you can make wise choices.

3) Joshua: Oh he'll no, I'm going to the Kitchen, Amaranthus you know why.
Jonathan: Well if he still wants to hold a grudge.
Everyone else in the tavern: What the hell just happened?

4) Seregon Fey Ogre Prince: I'm gonna need to find me some b particular music to get into this role.

5) Squire meeting: and Jonathan feeling happy that his philosophy mattered, Thanks Dame Red!

6) Speaking of, the letter I flash wrote her...man my writing was atrocious.

Last edited:
So the bee's were a hit and the lily pads made me laugh so hard! Thank you very much for going on those mods. They were play tests for this weekends kid game.

Good clean fights this weekend.
A lot of feels into the weekend...

Jim

In no particular order:

The reaction of Kailani and Ruis when they saw my martial challenge. "I've never seen you use two weapons before... OH MY GOODNESS!" Poor little water elemental never knew what hit him.

Bonding with Kailani privately the night before her big exit. Aelawen usually keeps that stuff to herself, but I didn't want to let her go without making sure she knew that I cared. She must have liked my gift, because I'm pretty sure I have pieces of her permanently embedded in me from the 2 minute bear hug. Guess I really will always have a piece of her with me ::lol::

OMG bees! Loved that. Glad I brought the polearm. Also loved V talknig about bees. It is so good to see her smiling more these days...

Fey High Ogres coming up the hill. The Lady of the Forest turns and barks "Control fey by voice: 'Go back from wence you came.'" Fey Ogres: stop in midstep, turn around and walk away. Yup. So simple, but impressive to watch.

Oh yeah, love her. Pretty Forest Lady. She should have an area of affect Feeblemind while everyone goes "Ooooooh" when she appears. But then again, I have a thing for big wings and light-up tiaras.

Elfy-dryad bonding with Susie in the tavern- glad I could help. Hate to see a good tree all wilted.

Yay, my first real squires meeting! Some really awesome things said at that meeting- glad to hang out with all of you. Kris, you are so much more eloquent than me, you suck. I mean, love you. :)

Nordenn mod! Pumping spracta full of arrows while my team keeps them off me- now that's team work- in enough time to save the girl. Classic. And thanks to Tom and Jeremy for letting me overhear their OOG cursing "f'ing archers..."

Nerds for Peace. Give the elven squire and squire talks a lot a simple mod with monster races doing illegal things, and we turn it into an hour-long "can't we all just get along"-fest.

Tons more little moments, but those were most of the "story" ones. Off to write in-depth plot write-ups!

In no particular order:

The reaction of Kailani and Ruis when they saw my martial challenge. "I've never seen you use two weapons before... OH MY GOODNESS!" Poor little water elemental never knew what hit him.

Bonding with Kailani privately the night before her big exit. Aelawen usually keeps that stuff to herself, but I didn't want to let her go without making sure she knew that I cared. She must have liked my gift, because I'm pretty sure I have pieces of her permanently embedded in me from the 2 minute bear hug. Guess I really will always have a piece of her with me ::lol::

OMG bees! Loved that. Glad I brought the polearm. Also loved V talknig about bees. It is so good to see her smiling more these days...

Fey High Ogres coming up the hill. The Lady of the Forest turns and barks "Control fey by voice: 'Go back from wence you came.'" Fey Ogres: stop in midstep, turn around and walk away. Yup. So simple, but impressive to watch.

Oh yeah, love her. Pretty Forest Lady. She should have an area of affect Feeblemind while everyone goes "Ooooooh" when she appears. But then again, I have a thing for big wings and light-up tiaras.

Elfy-dryad bonding with Susie in the tavern- glad I could help. Hate to see a good tree all wilted.

Yay, my first real squires meeting! Some really awesome things said at that meeting- glad to hang out with all of you. Kris, you are so much more eloquent than me, you suck. I mean, love you. :)

Nordenn mod! Pumping spracta full of arrows while my team keeps them off me- now that's team work- in enough time to save the girl. Classic. And thanks to Tom and Jeremy for letting me overhear their OOG cursing "f'ing archers..."

Nerds for Peace. Give the elven squire and squire talks a lot a simple mod with monster races doing illegal things, and we turn it into an hour-long "can't we all just get along"-fest.

Tons more little moments, but those were most of the "story" ones. Off to write in-depth plot write-ups!

The last one, was that the printing press?

Back