June 2019 Favorite Moments!

A thread within which you can post your favorite moments! I'll do mine once my brain is awake. :D

Wow! Really solid event! Kudos to our Acarthia Plot Team, and the hard-working full-time NPCs who each each worked like 5 people, and all our PC crossover volunteers who took time from their PC adventuring to NPC (thank you, Kansas Crew)! Especially impressed by how fun this event was despite obvious setbacks of no electricity, the fact that it feels like February outside, and having so few full-time NPCs signed initially.

Favs:
  • Snack Table worked out great!
  • TACO BAR. WITH GEORGIA WHITE QUESO. That was some of the best casual LARP cuisine I've ever had. I'd honestly be happy with taco bar every single event. Dia, thanks for all your hard work, and Taylor, too, and anyone else who helped to feed us. That was a delight in comfort, particularly in a comfort-challenged setting this weekend. (Sidenote: There was an implication that some PC may have stolen IG from the tip jar for Peat in the tavern... Ya gotta play your character as you will, but if this happened, let me express that I hope you'll hit up Dia with some IG tip on an OOC basis, or voluteer to help her clean up or cook to make that job easier on her. Cool thiefly rp is not worth short-changing our OOC super hard-working VOLUNTEER who gives up her game time to feed us all! EDIT: I don't know who it was (and don't want to), but I just heard that this PC was way ahead of this and already made OOC peace and is doing just this - way to be great! <3)
  • Vandathron beating up another PC in the middle of the crowded tavern in defense of an IG artifact. I have probably told this story 20 times since then. I'll be dining out on this for a year! "And then he calmly walked across the tavern to get his staff."
  • Getting to spend so much IG time with Knox, which was such a pleasure, and which I rarely get to do! I hope this signifies a starting trend, not an outlier. Looking forward to coordinating BGAs, as interest and time allow!
  • Several neat relationship-developing moments between Alis and my character, Kate, and two personal, very pointed conversations in particular. This trip could have taken the relationship between Alis, and each and all of the Acarthian nobles in many different directions, and I am pleased OOG and IG with how it went. They may not be friends now, but I feel like some forward progress, and certainly entertaining rp was achieved!
  • Horse Tribe encounter was really neat! Enjoyed the rich flavor... and drinking raw howlbear eggs... EEEEEWWWWWWWW! Really brought home the flavor of Yalinth, though.
  • Vilker mod - what an unexpected surprise! So cool to be able to invite "T," a first-event new player high orc with us and put him in the spotlight as hero of the group. Touchy, very dangerous situation with high risks and high reward (achieved!), and that guy handled himself like a pro! Equally, pregnant Cynder bravely putting herself at risk toward the same purpose. Didn't expect that mod. Certainly didn't expect to get a PC spot on it, and I was very happy with the open doors to player agency there. Thanks, Paul, Mike, Sierra, Emily, Ronica, and everyone else (was it Dan?) for just letting that play out like the pros you are!
  • Dan, btw, I've really noticed how much you're becoming a very good boffer fighter, and your command of the new 2.0 rules set is really spot on! You pour a lot into this game, and even though I'm now on the other side of the curtain and I don't see you as much, I want you to know that I notice that you're going out of your way to improve in these areas, and you're doing great! Thanks for sticking with us so long even after I locked you in a ghoul cave for hours!
  • Great talk with Sir Kendrick privately afterward about our moral choices going into that clandestine adventure!
  • Darius. Arikaya. "But SOMEONE won't give their hair for this!!"
  • Belswin. Everything. No spreading! "I undestand, Your Majesty." You're one of my favorite parts of every event <3
  • Secret societies abound! New members adopted.
  • Lathkyr Shadowheart (sp?) - You're so cheerful and your energy is such a delight! Thanks for every ounce you poured into this character, and I hope you had a great time at your first event with us! You bring a lot that's good. Keep bringing it back!
  • Mike, thank you for entertaining every aspect of our choose your own adventure stealth opportunity!
  • Doc Omni. Oh my god. (
    ) I have subscribed to your newsletter, sir. Omni was a spectactor sport! Please publish a graphic novel of this character's between events antics -- and Utah crew, thanks for coming out! Your pour such fun evergy into your roleplay, and it's a delight to welcome you here when you're able to join us!
  • Always - Rivervale. No power, but we had battery powered lights (thank you, Paxton!). Nasty cold and squalid conditions, but we had rugs and snacks, and it was homey! Then the displacer beast had a stuffie of its own. I love this team!
  • Leadership class! Walked in as a teacher, walked out learning more myself. Great talk!
  • BLUE TEAM! Always a pleasure to work with professionals! Loved that field battle! Simple mechanics. Darrin did great presenting Duke Tasis as a threat, but not really a combat encounter very much of the time. Lots of opportunity for many individuals to shine and feel special in that format. I particularly like battles which lend themselves to an inherent squad system to give rise for people to take on special roles within a smaller group instead of 1 for the whole field. (And thank you to all the PCs who crossed over to NPC or help create that fight!)
  • Darrin: Thank you for the late-night bonus encounter! VERY cool atmosphere and a gearshift of theme and feeling in this game, and I loved the feeling there! Very Wildlands.
  • Paul Jr. "I brought almonds. I thought I should bring tribute." You're welcome anytime, love that you make it a point to join us how you can!
  • Jeff's amazing juggling to pass the time in the tavern!
  • Lupine - Thank you for being so generous about letting us address you alternately as, "The Other One," and then "Lulu!" You're sucha good sport! Loved our little sparring and stretching sessions, and I'm excited that you and Fable seem to be really catching on, and coming back!
  • Korric, thanks for joining us at the table for that super cool vision description which Alis provided by throwing the bones, and Mike and Darrin delivered from Plot - neat format! Darrin, I can learn from your continuing example of, "Do you have any other questions?" So player friendly!
  • Prowler - Great job following instructions, and being my shadow so I never had to wonder if you'd gotten lost in the tide of battle! I'll be proud to have you part of my adventuring or battle group anytime!
  • Sir Darius! Love you, boo, my once and future liege! It's great to have the band back together! "What a peasant."
  • Paul Sr. -- crying as the angry Sgt Grist? Jesus, Paul. This is a small encounter, nobody expects an Acadamy Award worthy performance! You're such a talented character actor, and really just have a great feel for... feeling! Creating the right setting and atmosphere within the game to create both entertaining action, and inspire emotion in the players. We're so lucky to have you in this game, and running for us this year! You're doing great! -- Mike, thanks for inviting me into that encounter, an unexpected pleasure, and just so well done overall!
  • Then there was that time that Vandathron beat someone up in the tavern with his mage staff....
  • Whispering Wind from the King himself. Another item checked off on the IC bucket list! It's so easy to entertain the royalists with the slightest little bone thrown to us! We'll be dining out on that for awhile, alternating with the story of Van and the bar brawl!
  • Panax/Chris: "Nobody who lived in the Romulan Neutral Zone was ever happy after that!" ZOMG. Yes! That sealed the deal!
  • Ian - wouldn't have figured event #1 roguish countryboy from Ramsey for an expansionist... It was a great subtle detail of long-term character development that I felt honored to be allowed to a position to view and appreciate!
  • Aneira. Thank you for facilitating the eff out of a lot of amusement this weekend! Please become our scrum master!
  • Peat: "Don't say that - you're quality!" Took me nearly a literal minute, but what a delightful payoff for the laugh, thank you!
I had a lot of really great moments with different PCs, and if I didn't include ours, it's probably because I'm tired and my memory is laughably not sharp -- remind me, because I want to relive them! This was a really fun event -- thank you all! See you next month!

Trace

P.S. Vandathon beat someone up in the tavern with his mage staff.

P.P.S. And then Nytillit had to be the Voice of Sympathy. You know **** has gone south.

P.P.P.S. I forgot to shout out to Emily and Sierra's banshees who legitimately SCARED THE STUFFING out of me! No Arcane Fear needed! I have a feeling we have not seen the last of them... what was up with, "Bring us the child!" CREEPY!

Last edited:
Loved the event. Especially for my first pc event.

That time Vandathron beat me up in the tavern.

The knowledge that was offered to my character after being beat up by vandathron.

The role I was able to play with providing information before the fight with the eagle tribe.

So, I had an excellent time at this event, mostly following Alis around and Arlen being in an absolute mood all weekend.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of specific things I found delightful:

• NPCing Friday before game really started. Despite the horrible conditions it was a lot of fun!
  • To whichever NPC playing a howlbear decided to hoot back at Arlen (and only Arlen) on Friday night, thank you! It's a stupid little thing, but I had an enormous amount of fun with that over the course of the whole event!
  • That time Archibald Stillfinger (it's my understanding that his name is too good to shorten) got beaten up in the tavern by Vandathron.
  • Horse clan meeting! The tactical requirements of the test were quite useful, and then the negotiations were a lot of fun! Plus, Arlen found the egg, further proof that he has an affinity for howlbears
  • That time I, playing an umber hulk, had to fight some hobgoblins because the PCs decided they wanted to trick their way in instead of fighting.
  • The leadership discussion/training. Excellent insight, particularly from Demvarian. A good time all around.
  • The White Stag meeting! The first of my very fun interactions with various characters played by Paul Sr. Also the source of Arlen trying to get Grist Hebbel to duel.
  • Said encounter with Grist Hebbel in the tavern at dinner. Yelling at each other and then trying to figure out a way to legally kill him. The second ridiculously fun scene with Paul Sr.
  • Getting absolutely destroyed at poker with a delightful group of people!
  • The Eagle meeting. This was easily my favorite RP moment of the event. Arlen freaking out (yes, feeling emotions!) because of the similarities between the fall of Valarion and the Eagle Tribe's deal with the thousand-faced spirit was so much fun to play. Thanks to Dan and Paul Sr. (yep, this is the third one), and also thanks to Alis and Nytillit for just a great scene!
  • The circle fight. I loved this fight. First, to pull off that fight with as few NPCs as they had was outstanding. Second, Baroness Catharine asking (and Zak encouraging) Arlen to go with the destined rather than the Scions made that fight very meaningful. Working with Talyn and all of the new players was a lot of fun in a fight that ate all of our resources as a group. I think we worked pretty well as a team, and that fight went about as smoothly as it could have. As an aside, thank you to plot; this is the second event I've been to in a row (for me; February and this one) where the biggest fight of the weekend included a specific portion for the destined rather than just being a big field battle. It means a lot to feel like the lower level players are important and contributing to larger town plot rather than being useless or liabilities.
  • Late night talks with Alis and Nytillit
  • Sparring with Dem and Cryn at various points
For me this event was overwhelmingly positive. I am genuinely impressed by plot and the NPCs for making things work when very shorthanded!

What an exhausting weekend! I think I slept forever! I'm not certain that I'm not asleep right now!
  • THANK YOU to everyone who helped in the tavern, especially the people who took out the trash! I am so grateful, and so excited to return to a site where the dumpsters aren't a mile and a half down a mountain! If you helped out in any way and don't see goblin stamps appear in your account for it before next month, please let me know! It's possible my sleepy brain forgot to put you on the list!
  • My sweet little eggies! Thank you Bluwolf for being such a wonderful co-parent, and plot for giving me such a handy excuse to stay close to the tavern sitting on my babies to keep them warm! It's hard to participate much when I'm doing the tavern, and little things like this let me feel like I'm still part of the game, even if I'm exhausted, immobile, or too close to a meal to go on any adventures!
  • That one poor little eggy that didn't make it. You will be missed, yolky! :(
  • "I think you should kill yourself!" Cheers to excellent advice delivered in a bright, helpful tone!
  • Taco Appreciation Night. Thank you guys for making me feel validated in my food choices and also for taking on the snack table, which I think has really been helping with flagging energy levels!
  • The spooky banshee fight, and every single PC who did a double-take at peat's bundle of joy and cautiously asked me "Peat...what do you have there?" over the shrieks of "GIVE US BACK THE BABIES", much to Fynn's snickering delight.
  • All of my warchester hangouts! We need to tie Fynn to tables more often, it was nice to get to spend so much time with you guys!
  • The circle fight! So Spooky, so hard! It was really neat! Thank you so much for designing it, Darrin!
  • To every howlbear, Oathsworn, and anything else that let Peat charm it, Thank you! Every New Friend is precious to me, and you were wonderful temporary buddies!! <3
  • To every Sylvanborn who gritted their teeth while I charmed a previously murderous foe. Thank you for the roleplay! I love you guys! You are wonderful permanent buddies!! <3
  • THANK YOU so much to every PC who crossed over for a while! You guys are wonderful, and I love you!
  • A favorite moment I wasn't actually present for! I gather there was a Great Debate about whether it was a good idea to take Peat to meet Sark's mom (because she knows the howling woods well, has great hobgoblin relationships, and has been looking into Sark's family) or a bad idea to take Peat to meet Sark's mom (because if a fight breaks out she will probably heal the monsters, and if you get caught in the howling woods with Peat as a slave you will probably end up Double Plus Dead). It makes me feel seen and understood and loved to be so carefully considered, and for all the right reasons! Best mod exclusion ever!

Thank you to all the plot, staff, NPCs and everyone who made this such an incredible game.

• Mr Paul Mosher Sr, thank you for the great roleplay Saturday night during dinner. It was so difficult for me to actually take the side of the Yalinthians over an Acarthian but your steadfast emotional roleplay kept me on their side for the entire scene. So well played (as well as everyone else in that scene).
  • Roving with the new Celestial ELF Jax in the woods on Friday night. You are a great fighting partner, I welcome you at my side any time.
  • Interrupting Lumi and Cryn and the wrong "right?" time and then proceeding to send over both Dame Arikaya and Baroness Katherine to make sure they were entertained with conversation.
  • **** bandits. Those f_ckers. I swear....
  • Which leads me to...noble time on that back table. All the choose-your-own adventure with Mike Messmer. So much fun.
  • Rivervale Cabin time! Truly a wonderful time with a great team. I love all of you.
  • Sat night circle fight! What a creative way to split up the town for that fight. I went down so many times but enjoyed it every time.
  • Being surprised with a cloven fruit myself, not even expecting it to be present this month...and then being rejected by Baroness Elavir, again (for the fourth time).
  • The fight along the back path with the Bear Clan Necromancer and the undead howlbears. What a hoot! I loved ranging into the woods trying to skirmish the necromancer from the back. Terrain fights might be my favorite!
  • Horse clan mod - What a great time I had hunting down howlbears and then negotiating with my fellow Acarthians with the Horse Tribe. While Mike may agree with them, Kendrick had very different views.
  • Scouting on Friday night for the Duke. The information cards were great. Mike, more investigation mods like this using blue cards. LOVE it. Bluecards are great.
  • Sark mom mod - Slavers! I had some moral quandries regarding it as a knight and following the code that I wrestled with afterwards. Anyway, our high-orc slaver (Thadrius?) was awesome. Having the Umberhulk attack the hobgoblins was so neat to see. Loved the entire mod and how it was open ended.

Last edited:
Before I get started ...

HAS EVERYBODY MET MY NEW FRIEND BROM???? (Thanks so much Brom for putting up with me. You were a great straight man for all of old man Belswin drunken jokes. Farmers Unite!!!!!)

Now back to the show.
  • Thanks to Everybody who helped make the change 2.0. Brandon, Mike, Bria, Bobby, Marc, Ken and anybody else I might have missed. This process SUCKED but thanks to your hard work it sucked so much less. I really do appreciate it.
  • Meteorite fun time. Thanks to all the NPCs that dealt with the pouring rain to give us all a fun time.
  • My apprentice can beat up your apprentice with a STAFF!!!
  • Fu****g Howlbears. Why does it always have to be HOWLBEARS!!!! Somebody hand me my cane!
  • Emily and Sierra, you always do such an amazing job. Your Banshees were very awesome and well done.
  • Have you met my good friend Brom?
  • Acarthian Times - Paul Sr, thanks for the Fashion plot. THANK YOU. THANK YOU! I love it.
  • Snackie time may be my favorite part of the game. I love to get together as a team and a few friends and discuss the events of the day and ******** in our PJ and eat orange food. Its fun when a random wind or two shows up as well.
  • Explaining to Peat and everybody around a very revealing dress that showed practically everything but having a Lyari at the table made it so much harder. "She had leaves that covered her HooHoos, and a big leave that covered her WhoHoo but when she turned around nothing covered he WhoHa". I can't wait for to see how this turns out for Peat.
  • UNDEAD HOWLBEARS??? Why did it have to be UNDEAD HOWLBEARS. Somebody fetch me my old man slippers!!
  • Say Have you met Brom?
  • HOLY F**K!!!! They had a Destroy Magic Scroll prepped and ready to go. Scary!!! (OG: Well done Dan or whos ever idea that was. I think the healer guild better watch their circles better.) As somebody who as cast that in battle before, it actually doesn't take that long to do it. I hope us PCs are ready.
  • Hey Belswin cast this whispering wind, hey Bel cast this Vision, hey goodman cast this lore, hey bel, hey bel. So many rituals this weekend. THANK YOU!!!! Its my one job on the show so Shane is always happy to do it even though Bel might be tired. Thank you Taylor and Bria for marshalling and marshalling and marshalling, and marshalling. Thanks you Mike and Jenn for RPing stuff. Thank you to everybody who put an item or person into my Lore. It was so much fun!!!
  • TACO BAR!!!!!! Dia thank you so much for all you do!!! Trace, loved the snack bar!!!
  • Screw you gossip mongers at the Loremasters guild. The King must not hate me that much since he sent me a whispering wind!
  • Circle fight was lots of fun. I like fights were I don't stand in the back and just gather treasure. However, since I was ritualing so much this weekend. I had no high magic prepped for saving my bacon and that was super scary.
  • The D**K bandits have struck again. What will poor Acarthia do about these monsters. Wont somebody think of the children??
  • Everybody have you met the Likable BROM?
  • Thank you Fynn for doing Treasure Bag for me.
  • All right how many of you are in a secret society :) So much fun!!!
  • Sunday morning breakfast conversation are some of my favorites. Ivy, Markov, Cryn, Lyari and others are so fun to talk with and deal with drunk old man Belswin.
  • And of course last but not least. HAVE YOU MET MY GOOD FRIEND BROM???

HOLY F**K!!!! They had a Destroy Magic Scroll prepped and ready to go. Scary!!! (OG: Well done Dan or whos ever idea that was. I think the healer guild better watch their circles better.) As somebody who as cast that in battle before, it actually doesn't take that long to do it. I hope us PCs are ready.

This makes me happy. I was hoping someone would actually catch it and realize what it was. It was set aside with additional components just in case a Resist was in play too.

I'm sure I will miss something.

• Literally everyone dealing in any fragment with the changes for 2.0. Logistics, Items, AAAAAAAAAAANYThing. It looked stressful and that made me sad :(
  • Flame mod! I'm glad to help Van when I can, and seriously who better to take on a flame murder mod than the Icy Queen herself. Dia NPCing for Taylor was adorable and appreciated.
  • The snack table! SO many treats available and I saw my snack sacks getting used often.
  • Howl bears are hard to hit. Used so much magic on those MFers. :mad: Kinda scary fight.
  • Watching Van PVP someone (the other guy clearly started it). I'm so proud of Bel's mini murder monster.
  • No meetings! I love the guild but also love that I could just stay and hang out.
  • Bel describing that inappropriate dress in front of Lyari well done. I mostly got it I think.
  • Hanging out for snacky time was fun, thanks for letting me tag along.
  • I am glad my team made it ok, I heard commotion and thought my brochester fam might be in trouble but apparently they handled it and went back to bed before I could get down the hill.
  • Skulking monsters as we went to leave snacky time and the Baroness coming out to shout and then keeping the door open to make sure we did okay :)
  • BROCHESTER. It was great to have the gang back (Sans our poor sick Baron <3 and miss you wols). Saturday I didn't really need or desire adventure, especially the talky talky kind so hanging with Peat and chester was great. THE SOUND SHE MADE WHEN YOLKY DIED. OMG. And the coparent pass off. I love that everyone loves Peat too much to hurt her feelings or take her babies away when clearly some crazy banshees maybe wanted them. I have my doubts though, they said child and she had many unhatched children.
  • Knox casually telling me he left an egg in my tent. Last time I invest him into my safe place.
  • The fighting pit! I wouldn't buy in but it was fun to watch and pass the time. And those green pants.
  • Talking to people new and old. Man do I have a reputation in Romeria or what? I can't imagine what Sandro has said about Lumi, but I have concerns.
  • TACO BAR. YUM. So tasty.
  • Fable and Lulu. I heart them. They are so fun and cute.
  • Chatting with Bel while he waited to do stuff. HAVE YOU MET BROM.
  • That orange. Lumi might be the next one to throw the &^*#$ fruit away. First I didn't see him take the clove out and Darius gave me ****, then Kendrick perfectly interrupted while referring to his wife as property. AND THEN he sent Arakiya and Katherine to interfere. The baroness got there just as Lumi was trying to haul outside to finish it. And then I was broken and couldn't stop laugh/crying for minutes. And THEN we finally get outside and Ember comes to watch and the baroness reminds us that if we want to leave the tavern to tell her since it isn't safe. Wow. I thought Lumi had game. I was soooo wrong. And her husband makes sure of it.
  • That fight was HAAAAAARD. I liked it except the stats on some of those monsters. Holy moly. Burned through almost EEEEEEEVERYTHING and we still almost got rolled. I don't know if our circle just got hit worst or if we lacked something. But the babies survived and so did the rest of us.
  • Alis not being mad at my lack of interest in mostly political adventures. Thanks dear!
  • I can't believe Cryn wasn't down for the alternative type of poker consolation prize that got offered.
  • Talking with Lyari. He is such a delight.
  • Waking up and just barely being ready to go when plot knocks and asks me if we have an egg. We find it (I hadn't actually seen it to know it was there) and then a baby hatcing. I immediately prison it and drag it to Knox. Taking Peat's baby to her tent with tons of left overs.
  • BMV lightning everytime I finished a refit. Scary as hell.
  • Thanks for everyone who crossed over or helped out. I can almost always make fun for myself but I know combat is important to a lot of players.
  • Those banshee screams. I'm glad I've got endure elements for that now. ;)
Thanks everyone. <3

Hello everyone!

First and foremost, I would like to give a HUGE shoutout to the Plot Team and our tireless NPCs who made my whole weekend so perfect, and made it so easy to include everyone else in the fun! Thank you - you guys are all astonishing and wonderful and I appreciate you so goddamn much. Emily and Sierra deserve special call outs also, as always, for being constantly enthusiastic and cheerful, as well as exceptional RPers. I have never ONCE caught them having OOC conversations while in IC spaces, either. Well done, ladies!

*That one time Vandathron beat someone up in the tavern. (The aftermath of this one was particularly fun. The person in question was Yalinthian, AND surrounded by Scions. Alis walked in after it happened and Arlen informed her, 'oh, he's unconscious'. Alis was like, "Why, what did he do?". After she was told the story and he was woken up, she said, "And this is why we don't make dumb oaths.")
*Getting a meeting itinerary! Alis went fully into this negotiation weekend expecting to have it taken over by actual nobility. Instead, she got handed a list of meetings to attend and got a TON of interaction!! It was exhausting, but I was super thrilled to be a part of the team and vastly enjoyed my unusual busy status.
*Late night RP with Nytillit and Arlen.
*Additionally, every other RP moment with Arlen is always a joy, even when he's being a pain in my ***. Particularly liked his constant begging to have an army of trained Howlbears, and his almost losing it when faced with the moronic Eagle Tribe.
*Serious conversations with Nytillit before game, clarifying some things, and coming to an understanding, of sorts.
*Plots continued support and willingness to provide Alis with visions on the spot - THANK YOU! This seriously makes my game every time it happens.
*Eagle Tribe interactions. Unexpected, terrifying, and infuriating. That's how you know you have great NPCs. I thought for sure we were gonna die, especially when Alis broke out the, 'I cannot allow you to do this' thing. Thank goodness I had Scions with me.
*The tense/downright uncomfortable interactions between Alis and Darius throughout. Boy, that relationship is complicated.
*When an NPC called Alis' headband a 'silly acarthian headband' and she got to say, 'I'll have you know this is a silly Yalinthian headband'.
*Sharing meaningful looks across meetings with Madrigal and Arlen.
*Getting to take a little lunch break and make sandwiches for my team! It's always such a fun bonding experience.
*The food!!! Jesus, Dia, I swear you're some sort of angel for taking on the job of feeding so many people and doing it flawlessly and with such great care for food restrictions. Thank you, I appreciate you so much!!!
*Brom and his bravery in attempting to negotiate with strange people in a strange land, especially after being snarled at by Alis for being rude. Being a newer player, this was especially impressive to me. Well done, sir!
*Getting to keep the Yalinthian sword that Alis used to stab Ureck'd'slen in the FACE!!! Stormslayer, indeed. <3
*Being surprised with the orange from Demvarian. So many laughs! Alis was really convinced she'd passed out from exhaustion and was hallucinating.
*Arlen, jokingly, at 1:15 am: "I forgot to tell you, you have another meeting in 45 minutes!" Alis, "**** you". (Approximately 45 minutes later, outside the tent) "Emissary, it's (so and so) from Timber Wolf, may we speak with you?" Alis, "GOD DAMNIT, ARLEN!"
*The cool environmental effects used for mods and fights this game. Well done, plot team!
*Kendrick's subtle but unwaivering support of Alis. He was so quiet about it, but it did not go unnoticed.

Thanks for the great game, everyone! Looking forward to next month. <3

Whew, I think I almost have enough nap time in to have fully recovered. Thanks to everyone for having a great time in the cold, rainy darkness (especially if your characters didn't appreciate it as mine did). I am out of town for at least the next three events, but if I can swing by in August for a day to NPC or something I'll do my best. Otherwise, I'll be back in October for sure! Apologies for spellings and only knowing some in character and out of character names.

-Right off the bat, Elizabeth and Nick (forgot in-play names) from Kansas were some of the first I met, and really helped take off the first time jitters before I could step in-play. Many great tips from the other Dark Elf made this a lot more bearable! Fun to see in-play as well, especially Matt tripping balls and being a good sport.
-Utah lads for calling me captain. Literally 10 minutes into being in play. This was a tremendous confidence boost that carried me through the whole event. You guys were the absolute bomb to room with and I'm going to watch Utah like a hawk if you guys do indeed have events closer to CO. Extra shout outs to the Brothers for pulling out every trick to keep people entertained. You deserved more than the gold you took away, but lowering buy-ins so more could play was a classy move. Omni is a force of personality and a stand up dude. Night-bear, as I'll be calling you from now on, I'll be hitting you up again for weapons advice for sure! Or if I have the funds, maybe even throwing out a commish in the future for a true captain's sabre.
-Anyone who gave me irritated looks and sass for stumbling into the first night battle without any delivery packets. I didn't want to miss anything even if it should have been fatal!
-Bria for great down-time chats, and for giving me the best inside look at crafting and non-combat ways to play. And all of this after helping me look for my phone in the dead of night. You're such an awesome person, really the sole reason I didn't want to abandon ship right after that setback.
-Lupine (the one and only, as far as I'm concerned) and Fable, I look forward to many adventures to come! (Can someone help me get in touch with Lulu? I really want to continue our in-game correspondence, not to mention they'd make an excellent pair of officers aboard a ship ;)). I'm also going to be spending many, many hours looking at fabric over the coming months because basic mana simply won't do anymore.
-Baronesses of Tiatar (really, that whole Barony!), Rivervale, and First Knight...Kate? The only one from Bayenna... I was assuming, wrongly, I would have to work my way in and do something to earn your attention. But wow. During down-time you really helped get some roleplaying and character development under my feet so that I feel I can carve out a niche straight away.
-Archery tips from...Jeez everyone with a bow it seems. From packet construction ideas (I'm bad at sewing but I'll give it a shot!) to tactical placement for faster firing...wow. Duane (can't remember your elf archer's name) message me as well!
-Ivy and Suz(?) for coming to the aid of my hair at the zero hour. I was pretty resigned to waiting until I got home to try and salvage it but wow did you guys save the day for me before the final big battle even started!
-Plot!!! I know there was a ton behind the scenes, so I only got a few slices of everything going on, but when big things happened it felt BIG. The attention to different levels of players but still getting everyone involved, but without making it feel forced was super slick. The banshees were terrifying, and the battles had people rattled even when you were shorthanded. Players who flip voluntarily as well, it says a lot when other games have to bribe or force players to put in NPC time, that we can get by with enough as volunteers. Especially when folks come from other chapters!
-Getting some NPC time after my character departed in the night....do I get to be a stout bugbear terrorizing the awakening adventurers? A renegade barbarian, or a lingering necromancer's pet? Nope...baby howlbear! Thanks to Cea for an absolutely defining performance for baby Howlbears.
-Everyone who asked "who the hell are you" after I took my makeup off.

-Anyone else who had a good time playing, especially those who wish to join my crew once I am no longer between ships feel free to send a letter to me at my port of call, Seaside.

Last edited:
Oh man, forgot to do this!

Paul Senior thank you so much for being a really awesome Death Elemental! I was so nervous chatting with you that I was basically vibrating, which made it rather difficult to speak LOL. Arlen and Alis, trying to stop be from going out to speak to said elemental was real funny, especially since people just kinda stared when Alis was trying to get someone to stop me. Thanks for the concern, though!
the meeting with Horse Tribe and the howlbear egg hunt thing was cool! The tactics of it were really fun.
Darius having a very serious conversation with Madrigal about probably having to kill her if I started pukin' Howling Rage goo. And then the subsequent reminders throughout the event, along with updates about Howling Rage research. I can't get anyone to kiss me now! They're all spooked about getting sick! :D
Gettin' got by Jax, and then finding out that Mr Death Knight isn't letting anyone cure me. Plagued fo' life!
Nick, Elizabeth, and Matt thank you guys for crossing over for most of the game. It was fun fighting y'all!
Cynder, Dax and Mia that was a neat resurrection XD, glad I could help, much as I could!
Ember, Fynn, Peat, Lumi, Knox, Vanderthron I had a great time just chatting with you all in the corner of the tavern! Chatting about elemental stuff, chatting about this or that, it was really nice! I felt very included :D.
Wulfgar! We chatted a bunch, too, and that was also great. I love that Madrigal and Wulfgar have really grown into being buddies :3. Your reaction to Maddy's background was pretty funny xD
Watching Vanderthron put the smack down on Archibald was hilarious.
Over all, a real fun weekend!

Back