June 23nd - Work/Module Day at Camp Matta Details

Lurin

Duke
That's right, Saturday the 23rd we'll be hosting the first Work/Module day at Camp Matta. <switches to a Billy Mays voice> 'Here's how it works.'

The site will open at 9 am for volunteers and the workday portion will last until 4 pm. Starting around 2 pm we'll start running modules, with presubmitted modules for groups getting perference. Everyone who wants to PC a module will get to, and while you are allowed to be on more than one module, be aware the modules WILL be scaled assuming all PCs have a full boat of abilities. Modules will be scaled to the group as per our usual standards, meaning a resurrections are possible but less likely with team work. Since it's a module day however, you may request a heavier RP module (there will still be conflict, but not nessasarily armed conflict), or a 'Challenging Module'. Modules will be run as long as needed, but should be finished no later than 9 pm.

All modules for this game will be run using the 'Weather day' rules, this means that some standards will be relaxed (This does not remove them, MWEs must have horns and ears, dark elves must still be black.) But some slack will be cut for less than full weekend coverage of makeup etc. Please bring a change of clothes/costuming for when it's your turn to PC.

Now onto Specifics, the cost of this module day will be ...$30, now now, wait a minute, hear the entire message first. A discount of $7.50 will be applied for every hour of the work day attended up to the full $30. (so if you attend 4 hours you get to play free, if you can only make it for the module, that's okay too...)

Food - Food of some kind will be served, and is likely to be pizza or BBQ style food, additional donations of food are encouraged if you want something more than a hot dog and chips. We asks that everyone eats breakfast before arriving.

Compensation for attendance.

Standard work rate of 20 goblin stamps per hour attended. This will INCLUDE npc time for modules for those that want to help. A bonus of an additional 50 goblins will be added for those that attend at least half (4.5 hours) of the workday!

1 MI pick per 3 hours of the work day attended (max of 3 for all 9 hours) this will NOT include npc time for modules.

Expected activities (Might be updated if we add more.)

1.) Cleaning - Checking the common areas for damage/dirt etc. Let's keep the place nice!
2.) Weapon building - We'll be ordering supplies to have on hand, and Alexander (plus potential others) will be serving as weapon craft guides to help repair, and replenish our npc camp.
3.) External upkeep - Weeds clearing, potentially mowing if we can get everything in line.
4.) Path Clearing - Includes cutting down some trees (closely supervised) and clearing brush and down trees.
5.) Fire pit creation, and use - Creation of a safe fire ring/pit, looking for a volunteer to help design the plan/determine what we need.
6.) Creating Brush Pile - Due to safety concerns, we'll be creating a large brush pile in an out of the way area of the site, to be burned when winter has graced us with a thick layer of fire retarding snow.

Expect Module Names - This is not nessasarily the order they'll be done in.

1.) A Dragon's Breath wedding - The groom has gone missing, who would leave such a lovely Hobling Gal at the Altar? Her father is offering good solid coin for those who can bring the groom back in a condition good enough to stand for the ceremony.
2.) The box of Wealth and Woe - An ancient box was lost long ago, now it has been found, those brave enough to open a single drawer may find wealth, or may suffer the wrath of the box creators, of course, finding the box might be an adventure all it own...
3.) Child from the Past - Having encountered the adventurers while they lived in Hopes Reach, one brave child has run away from home in hopes of joining their number, and found themselves lost and hunted by fearsome creatures.

PS - to avoid the coming question, a module attendance is a half day of experience, and you only get one of these regardless of the number of modules you attend.

I am planning on being there!
I can bring and operate a chainsaw.
I look forward to learning from Alexander about making/repairing weapons while helping in that respect as well.

I've only built small Bonfires before (4ft diameter). How big are you looking for? Also, what type of material preferred for lining the perimeter (rock, brick, etc) and the area around it?

I'll be planning on attending the work day.

I think rock should be fine, I'm mostly looking for a smaller fire pit similar in size to those at Tanadoona that can be gathered around.

If I can make it, I can definitely help with weapon repairs and the fire pit.

I plan to be there as well.

I've done a small amount of tree clearing. I'm not experienced with chainsaw use personally but I know how to work around them.

For the fire pit(s) I say we should dig the ground up a bit underneath, uproot the grass within a certain perimiter. I can bring a shovel or two for that purpose.

Other ideas:
-"anti-combat fire-pit cage" Could also have attachments to set kettles/ skewers
-Log storage from the tree clearing so we have dried wood to burn. Bit of plywood and some 4x6s should work for that.
-Fire-pit benches (possibly from the tree-clearing lumber)

I'd love to learn how to create and repair weapons, I'm handy with a roll of duct tape. I can also help with the fire pit and cleaning the inside and outside the building.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, unfortunately. That's the last day of a week-long intensive that I'm going to, and I don't know what time I'll be back.

I would love to go. But 7 hours is long drive and a lot of gas for 1 day. I don't have the extra money for a hotel stay either. Unless anyone knows someone carpooling from Omaha? Or even the Des Moines area?...

I'll have to get a ride there, as usual, if I'm going (and by the looks of things, I might be kinda crucial). So hopefully I can hitch a ride from someone nearby.

Will there be any sort of official pre-reg for this. Saying what we would like to help with and for how long etc.?

Let us know you are coming, via posting here, or by sending plot a note if you have a module you'd like to see.

Due date for requests?

If we're posting here to let you guys know who's coming then Scorch the bearkin (Steve) and Glen'esh the dark elf (Mike) will be riding with me as well. There may be a couple more riding along as well depending on who from St. Cloud wants to tag along with me.

Good to know Scorch and Glen will be there. They'd be a big help lugging things around (aside from any skill they have in craftwork). Also for the mod later, I enjoy fighting beside them.

I've recruited a boyscout friend of mine for the next event. Availabilty pending atm (need to let him know the time so he can get work off) He'll know how to build a pretty rockin fire pit. He is also familiar with basic chainsaw operation, and has a small (electric) chainsaw he could bring if we need it.

Ryan you were right, he pretty much couldn't say no. All goes well we can take my car.

Alex do you live anywhere near to Ryan? We could grab you on the way if there's no other options. Though if we get this new prospect I won't have room in my car.

Alright, imma try and make it to this, I wanna be something that isn't mean to the adventurers...erm...less mean to the adventurers. I'm also handy with manual labor so I'll help with that.

I might come and NPC it, depending if I have a module ot request

I plan on coming. I'm not the best at... uh, manual labor, but I'll do my best!

ya i will be there I can help with everything but weapons i'm still working on building and fixing them myself and i don't want to waste anything

Back