June Event Favorites

Draven

Count
I'm freaking exhausted. But I want this to happen before I start forgetting things and have to run back and do edits.

I'll probably have to do that anyways. But that's okay.

In order of my memory:

1) Ayabi, Zeth's first true nemesis. Oh the things Z wants to do to this guy. Also, giving some real perspective as to how the Powers That Be view mortal lives.

2) All things Vellis. Discovering a conflict, resolving the conflict, and completing a goal. A meaningful, impacting conversation that gave Zeth a real reason to look at how he's changed in the last year to two. Also, determining that daylight is an excellent indicator that you should go to bed.

Twice.

3) The Dominus meeting that went...pretty smoothly. I think there was something in the water, because we kinda enjoyed it. Also, the first trial. It went really well. Surprisingly well. Yeah!

4) Zeth had a lot of interactions with Zenhyu. It's always fantastic to have them, as they always leave lasting impressions.

5) Spell battles for the mind of Zenhyu! I may have lost the battle, BUT WE WON THE WAR!

6) Prepping a circle of power when the Pantherghast of Pain and Purity shows up. About to incant. Sprigg runs by saying, "Ok, Zeth! Let's get it!" Feeling momentarily embarrassed.

7) BEST TEMPERANCE AND RUIN MOD EVER. DRINKS ALL AROUND. DRUNK VELLIS IS AMAZING. FLACCID KEL-RO IS DEAD!

This game was a full of change. Karzel changed houses to be more involved in the houses. He also knew that houses needed to be represented and needs to be balanced. He also had offered to take a position of responsibility and be the house's representative. So much work...

Joining Fate and Fury. I was glad to hopefully be of some use to you guys.

Being Equitem and Dominus ad litem. Seeing and hearing the concerns of both groups and seeing why they have been failing to work together. :)

Failing the Fate and Fury banner mod. :( Being passionate about my failures is hard. But it showed Karzel how hard he has to work to be an Equitem. Thrax only gets away once.

Fighting 3 pantherghasts by myself. I love pantherghasts, I hate fighting them alone. I know how Legs felt now.

Turning down being Equitem of Whispers and Thunder only to have Nova convince Karzel to take it, not for the house but for the people.

In order, as best as I can recall them:
1) The Pin fight with Wolf on Saturday night.
2) After saving a family from goblins and bringing them back to the Tavern, one of the girls starts to throw a temper tantrum. I come up quietly behind her and lean waaaaay over her shoulder and shush she (finger to lips style) and say quietly "go to bed". This caused a momentary break of character due to laughter. Rothgar is good with children.
3) The looks on the goblin's faces when I marched at them bellowing "WHERE ARE THE CHILDREN!?!"
4) Pin fight rematch with Wolf as the others start dying around us. We even brought two new players with us to lower the APL!
5)Listen in to Paul and Jorden talk smack to each other about the Honor dual. With Thousand Bones gaining the new title One Biscuit.
6)Everyone and then I need an almost pitch black night fight. Just saying.

Chasing Kasuni all around the camp while she's just trying to get drunk.

Dust-Ro mind games.

Fighting Diego one on one.

"Gammo...."

Planning, watching the plan come together perfectly, incorrectly communicating the plan, watching the plan fall apart, finding a place of genuine neutrality about it.

Completely dismantling the universe's plan for the conflict with the Aquilix and the dwarves. Always bring a stone elf to a stone elf fight.

More psychic crap than I've had to put up with in nearly all the previous events put together.

Vellis Valeriana's opinion of Zeth finally reaching full 180° from what it was last year.

And I LOVE EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE OF TEMPERANCE AND RUIN. VV came in as explicitly an outside party who wasn't going to get involved, and now here she is with 5 (come back Jenali) people she trusts implicitly. Having the House stride into the trial in full-armored force because she'd said the funerals were more important, then hearing bells from the woods and knowing EXACTLY what was going on. Last wishes story time. Memorializing Little Grunyon with the Eagle Tribe (then being hideously intoxicated but getting cured before speaking with the Herald. Thanks buddy). The idea that the weird idiosyncratic crap she's been pulling for the past year isn't something she has to do alone anymore was amazing. Thanks for being awesome and it's too bad pantherghasts suck so hard.

Being hit with a death twice while enslaved or under a charm while carving a path through the other adventurers. It was my first event that I was killed more often by my fellow players than by the enemy.

Almost going PvP because my group didn't want Bjorn to kill an ice elemental that wasn't fighting back.

Being asked by ice elementals why I was eating their cousins and yelling to the group of them "BECAUSE THEY'RE DELICIOUS!" Which caused them turn and fight me all at once.

Lastly, finding out that the love carrier doesn't work until it gets through armor and the reaction when I said "You've got a long ways to go, buddy."

1. The culmination of a 3 year character goal - super exciting!

2. Everything with March.

3. Tsunami and Dream's 3 new members! Odie has some interesting ideas, and the 2 new fighters were SO HELPFUL to have on our house combat mod with 2 scholars and an artisan!

4. Friday night, getting chased all around the camp, while just trying to get drunk. Running laps around the tavern with a bottle, and continuing to drink and run rather than engage. Avaran would have been proud.

4.1. Coming on to Dominus Chronos after drinking for 2+ hours.

5. We got Alavatar for a night!

6. As always, the Mists. Mists & March teaming up for a drinking game on Saturday afternoon.

7. Salmon. And salmon.

8. Tsunami and Dream panthergasts. March and Kasuni alternated healing each other and fighting. We were like dead/alive yoyos.

9. Mystic Wood Elf panthergast. Kasuni was the the only one who could effect it (scholar) so just getting healed by Laenore and Nova whole lying on the ground and doing a crunches to cast then die, over and over until they were dead.

10. All the Verdant Eyrie stuff - it has been great to get Tsunami and Dream involved, and we are really into it.

11. Going through Kasuni's stuff to give Dab an item to enchant, and finding her Tarndale town guard patch. Cannot wait to see Dab walking around town sporting that. There was no better use for it.

12. Roann - always keeping the game interesting!

13. The Shaug-Ro trial. Overall, it went so smooth. I was pretty impressed.

14. Smuggling Paige's lost person down to the celestial circle on Friday night behind Ghost's shield.

15. Freaking Vellis out. She said something perfect, and it just came out - "Vellis, I am falling just a little bit in love with you." Chicks love logic.

16. The twins. Sprig, I think we are at 6 different sets of twins right now. It's getting out of control!

17. Talk to the side with Teth. Possibly a project for us to spend some time together over again - it has been too long since the last real Tethsuni antic.

I almost forgot

18. Thanks to Polare, Tantarus, and Eldor for my very own love gerbil. And thanks to the dozen people that warned me about it before I ever went down to my cabin!

Getting to reveal my shady labor of love that began when we first got to Calliphestus. Oooooh man, so much skulking.

Talking to Diego and realizing that... damnit, he's actually pretty rational and now I can't hate him.

Bartering for my life with Ghost. "It's like beating a beaten dog.". People feel pity for Roann now? That's new.

Avoiding Polare all game so I couldn't sell/buy anything.

My super sexy new tool kit. I probably showed a dozen or more people.

Trial, and not having to say a goddamn word because my lawyer was so awesome.

Vellis and Roann's budding negamance. We don't like anybody, but we work together beautifully at not liking anyone.

Poor innocent Shaug. If Roann felt anything he'd have felt bad seeing him die.

Emoooooootions!

Goblin rowboats.

Adelyn's failed first attempt at friendship. Felt like a hyper-****.

Telling town in no uncertain terms how much I care about them. Spoilers: not at all.

Horrible legal precedents.

Slade's gift of a love gerbil. Bastard.

Other things.

Never in my 10 years of playing this character have I had Murphy's Law be so prevalent when hunting another PC. Never has my intent on a public spectacle murder gone so sideways into turning it into a prolonged and multi-event carebear stare. Keegan, this is going to be a hilarious ride :).

I want to say a special thank you to Jaimi, Keegan, Mark, Luke, and Rachel for ruining my plans. That was some of the most awesome RP I've had in a long time :).

Now on to the rest!

-House Temperance and Ruin meeting. Being so much on the same page it felt like that household has been together for years.
- All things Vellis. "Smaller words please. Smaller words please."
- Killian and Takara, especially during the night fight. Taking that wide corner with Temperance and Ruin and coming up on the treeline was amazing.
- "Is that Brat? IS THAT BRAT WITH ONE OF THE $*(&#^! ROs?! F---."
- Choices, choices choices. "Be better Zehnyu, we know you can be better." I hate you guys. Just let me murder people! >.<
- Sarr Pantherghast. They're my favorite.
- The night fight shenanigans. Tony and Adam, you guys got me fair and square. The push-me-pull-you of charm and shun. "CHARM!" "Hey buddy, wassup?" "Shun!" "*roar!*" "CHARM!" "Hey buddy.."
- Marching into the trial as the household, requesting our Dominus. Vellis having to come off of the platform to tell us that 'she couldn't come out to play today.'
- The Funeral Procession. Beautiful impromptu things are such an amazing part of this game.
- The Felony. <3 The Felony.

I have more, but I have to get back to work. Thank you all for a fantastic weekend.

-Ali

A week later and I'm still processing everything that happened last weekend.

- Seeing Alavatar again! Red Wizard bros!
- Seeing the adventurers immediately flock to defend Ayabi's neo adventurer targets and feeling immensely proud.
- Watching many PCs go through many hard choices and meet them head on!
- Feeling grateful to Roann for his honesty but more for his actions that shed light on all the town's weak points.
- Making Dominus of Base and Reason and immediately having to preside over two trials, facilitate a town meeting, and induct 2 new members to the house.
- Being able to see more of where the adventurers as a whole are. Darellin feels he has a lot of work before him now. Base and Reasoning with all the peoples :)
- Tasty ice elementals.
- First weekend with polearm! This was made more awesome from the moment I first utilized it in the banner mod which led to me being chosen as Dominus all the way to the Saturday night fight and meeting up with Bjorn and Slade and thinking, "we're going to poke the everliving crap out of some dudes and it is going to rock!"
- Hearing "Shun all non Dominei!" and realizing, oh that's me :/
- Quick makeout session with a Siren while restoring my AA which subsequently ended up with me going to the waylay cuddle puddle. (An enslavement antidote was on by potion bracer the whole time!)
- Late night talks with Nova and later night walks with Zeth and Vellis. Dominei don't sleep.

Back