June Faves!

wowy319

Artisan
THANK YOU NPCS AND STAFF!!! You guys are awesome, and I had all kinds of fun at this event.
highlights of the event for me:
- Learning about the new Fae. Dan, you were brilliant as that character.
- Getting to watch a grand master alchemist at work and then fighting undead critters in North Fortress. Destroy undead remains incredibly satisfying.
- Demia's return and falling over my words trying to tell her I'd honor her second chance. "I promise that if you don't hurt anyone --well me or anyone I know I won't hurt you --well I won't try because I probably couldn't and uh, yeah I... Look I'm very tired and hungry and I'm just trying to say I'll honor your second chance."
- Horde Wall coming to town. Watching people stand there as their leader ordered around undead and attacked people in town and saying "Are we just going to let him walk around killing people?" Figuring out his weakness and getting to help out a lot in taking him down was pretty awesome. It feels good to be able to throw lots of spells and still have a lot left over.
- The dream fight! Being lifed 10 seconds from a rez and getting dropped again and waking up in the circle and play lookout/healer.
- Winning honor combat against an orc and a wasteland kobold through binding magic. I felt pretty boss.
- Gary being genuinely terrifying as a Gryphon.
- Finally having a full spellbook and gold to my name!

Seeing each and every one of you...

HOOKAH TIMES!!!!!! Thank you Bill and Joe for sharing your flavors with us all!!!
(I kinda want a hookah now....heheh)

Lindsay (sp?) for showing up with friends and as always taking care of us like our own moms would!

Getting to hang out in NPC camp with the ladies! You guys always make me laugh!!!

Deborah's new look (cool pants!!!!)

Yay for all the MWE plot this weekend (not that I play a MWE but it looked like fun for you guys)

Meeting new people

The Woven...so awesome!!

Getting to play my biata!

Tabin tooling down two adventurer's standing next to him with..."one time I saw this guy do this with a staff....two normal two normal two normal" while beating down avalon and the guy standing next to you HEHEHEHEHEH

Drunken Dwarves Sunday afternoon from the magical effects pouring from Sevaria

Singing in NPC camp...so glad there was someone who represented Ariel yo! :):wink to Samara:: I love that movie)

Silas and his broom. Poor Avalon

Nova and her slaying of a Minotaur (with a staff??? REALLY?)

Phaedra coming into the tavern to tell us that Drenten had been nabbed by bad guys and Vampire charmed so don't walk into the woods alone...apparently so we could be killed in small groups instead of alone.

New "Preston" with Tova...Rak telling us to call him "poop eater" trying to keep a straight face during all of that was difficult

Seeing another elf in the A&W Root Beer tabard made me happy (yay Kiara)

Getting Jess into the game finally ...HA! we've hooked another one!!! MWAAHAHAHAH

Jones and Michiko

Charles and Caillen (trying to pay him copper to get everyone drinks!)

too many to tell ...can't wait to see you all in July!

Had a really great time this weekend everyone. AND THANK YOU NPC'S!

Always a great game when we have such an even PC/NPC ratio. Really fantastic job on everyone's part. Sorry I couldn't stick around for Sunday, heard it had quite the end.

As for favorites:

1) Pretty much just all of Saturday. Which for me included
- personal plot mod to save my home and rescue my cousin.
- Raiding Legacy. Everything about that mod was just super cool and a big thank you to everyone involved (especially since we won't being saying that in-game ;) )
- Wait. What is that I hear? Could it be.... an apology from Santet! :O
- Sorry, no rest for you, Talia's dream mod. (Really awesome and clean fight with hose npc's. Just had to say that again)
- Seeing the Beast and all this **** that's been plaguing Nic for over a year finally make its way into game
- Mind mod with Drenten (sorry Phedre! I really did mean to bring you too!). And I swear Gary likes doing bad things to me out by that shower way too much.
- Just great RP all the way around. So many little moments that were no more than a line or two but held so much weight. Sev, you know what I'm talkin bout. Also Ocean, Ciarah, Rock, all the nobles.
- And Dan. We'll just leave that one at that. ;)

See you next time guys.

I havent had a chance to PC yet this season so this was my first event back as Avian since last winter, and it was a blast.

Great time all and all, combat was great and RP was excellent. Everyone put forth a good show this event. Not really thinking of specific favs at this point but just wanted to say I really enjoyed the event.

See everyone in July if not sooner

Thank you Team Deadlands for another kick-*** event. I had a really good time.

Favs:

-Pre-reg haiku:
Playing Michiko
At the event this weekend
Fighters are easy

:D

-Epic mod of undead slaying. Awesome concept, awesome fighting from NPCs and PCs.

-Epic mod of Mourgrymm fighting and children saving. Making it my mission to get the kids to the tree even if I had to be a speed bump in order to do it.

-All things Ben, from Silas to Jones and various monsters in between. I was glad at least one person responded to Yin freaking out about the whole *point*click*sing* thing. I had a blast with that RP.

-Avian’s got a big pick! (Big pick!)

-Dan as Tattercloak. Ok, Stacey don’t take this the wrong way or kill me but OMG he was adorable!

-Preston making fun of Yin’s ears and random displays of empathy. All the RP with the Woven was very cool.

-Evan giving Ben a run for his money in the Epic Dying competition.

-Elf-fighter-chick’ing with Sevaria in the Deadlands. Thus Thrak’nul doth make fighters of us all.

-Boons for RP. WOOT!

-Many different and awesome conversations with nobility. Outtakes and all.

-Getting the best and worst treasure of the weekend. AKA Joining Club Suicide... twice over….

-The Princess and Norhelm ignoring the Twilight Elven response to her accusations. Hehehe.

-New Currencies: Kainens and Delaldurs.

Ooops. I should say "The creature formerly known as Preston"

I had a great time there at my first event this season, it was great to see everyone, and meeting new people.

-The NPC/PC ratio, amazing.
-The PC's reaction when all the NPCs came out for the ritual mod, 0 :whaa: , haha it was awesome!
-The gryphon fight, was AMAZING playing a saar, plus (even though there were a couple injuries) the great tunnel battle.
-NPCs breaking out in song, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc.
-Naga Dance :D
-The beatboxing Inspector Gadget song from Evan and Dan :)
-NOT getting hit in the face! For once!

So many more, but my brain is so fried from the weekend and graduation tomorrow that I can't think of them all! Thank you everyone for the great weekend!

thank you npc's and staff, for an awesome event and thank you brian and deb for letting us crazy people on your land.

my faves

silas's gift. ben, you are so awesome. ever since you mentioned silas had a gift for avalon i couldnt help but wonder what was in the mystery box.
i liked how when i was walkin by the tavern on friday night oog and seeing you as silas in the tavern. and im like, oh i just missed silas, this should be interesting tomarrow.
first thing in the morning sevaria was like "i need to talk to you."
this whole thing provided some really cool rp oportunities with ray and brian.
and im sure you will think of some othe way of "testing" avalon.

saturday wave battle. lol, seeing the massive ammount of npc's come out from behind the wall. wow i had not seen numbers like that in such a long time. thanks to all of you.
i went on so many mods this weekend because of you guys, wow. thats all i can say.

gary perching on the throne above dan as the wyvern lol, i could totally picture this bad *** wyvern wings spread out and scorpion tail out over its head just hissing at all of us.

alternate preston. omg. it was so funny. especially when you stood behind tova right before you came out of tova's wings.

going on the elf mod into the underwater bubble forest again. to save the children and get a shard, and face off against morgryum.

the other elf mod, with morai, and sun, and surion, me, and sorry i forget the name of the other elf. and dan beshers with us. and during that mod going at one point, i just realized, we dont have any shields, all bow's.
coming back after the mod and saying two words that might spell doom for us all. "cave rooster." and dan b. being within ear shot of that.

this weekend is why i love this chapter, i cannot wait for next event.
<3 you all.

almost forgot one....the vegetarian rizoto, tomato, bean, spinach dish and the cheese...

I swear I could consume large amounts of that dish!!!!
and I got the recipe!!!!!

Thank you Deb, Cassive and whoever else supplies our service and food...you guys deserve a huge THANK YOU...so here it is

THANK YOU

Thank you NPC's!!! I missed Sat because of a wedding, but here are my favs from fri and sun:

Teaching new fae to speak/how to be polite. About one hour of this. Sun hates fae, but her logic was if they're back and we teach them to be good, maybe they won't be as anoying this time around.

*Dan walks by and boings my hair* *Sun turns to new fae while drawing a circle around her* "This is called personal space"

Seeing Morai's plot finally moving forward. No more saying "I only doggie paddle"

"There's no shields here, only bows" "Yeah, that's because we know how to fight correctly"

Naga! Sadly the DE's were asleep by that point, but I had some fun running at them with deaths.

On the elf mod, realizing that we're hunting for children that are prob scared, so the best way to find them is to also be childlike. Insert Sun skipping around making her bow talk asking if anyone wants to play with her. Then later hearing the reactions from the npcs.

Ninja boating the npcs. This is why Sun never has protectives.

Finally, battleboards and blue arrows. Still LOVING these changes. See you all next month!

Hey,

Great weekend - I was there all of Friday and part of Saturday, and the time i was there was great this weekend! :D Anyway, my favorites:

-Finally getting to bring up my out-of-game thought that everything is better when you add "of doom" to it, followed by hearing "____ of Dooooooooom!" for pretty much everything walking into the tavern for the next 1/2 hour...and I challenge anyone to find me something that doesn't actually sound better when you add that phrase...

-The undead mod in the dark: First, to have a light moving around to scout and seeing I was arm's reach from a squidface, then hearing Avalon's panic from hearing he was around, second, hearing all the undead noises including deaths, and finally, actually being useful and holding the line at the end...seeing just glimpses of movement as the lights just barely passed by, then having one right in my face was great, and I SURVIVED WITHOUT NEEDING HEALS! :D (granted, I was hurting at that last wave, but I'm finally not-so-crunchy!)

-The wave battle on Saturday - I wasn't the only one that I heard mentioning the near 1 to 1 ratio - I may not have been useful against some of the creatures but at least I managed to help take down any that got too close to the good circle, again, making me feel finally useful in battle! ...And aren't we glad Strago never really liked to eat his veggies? :p

That's all I can remember right now for favorites, but a definite thanks goes out to all the NPCs - great job!

First of all thank you to the staff for this awesome, mod heavy weekend. I loved every second of it. Jess said thank you for a fun first event as well. :D

- The 'mod of doom'. Fighting against Nic and Raksa on the path in the dark was amazing. Thanks guys, its always a pleasure doing combat with you.

- 'Enpee Ci Kamp: The Musical' That's what I'm officially calling it. Sunday morning was awesome :D

- My two RP roles. First time I've heavy RP'd in a while. Playing a woven and the physical/non-physical roleplay with Gary. Lol, thanks man. Also, learning from Sun...along with personal space. She's a great teacher...haha. My other role was my dwarf. Talking with Casive and laughing at the random drunk farmer. Good times, good times.

- Speaking of Casive, the shouting match as a troll in the tavern. Then taking him down when I realized I wasn't louder. Lol. Also during that same fight, Duorn running in and me fearing him and taking him down as he ran towards the back door, then taking down Caillen.

- The 'horror'. This new dream creature is awesome.

- The wave battle on Saturday night. Such an awesome concept guys.

- The final fight on Sunday. The was a tough fight, but it was so amazing.

- Evan (sp?) and myself singing Cee Lo Green in NPC camp.

Thanks again guys. I had such a blast this past month. It was good to see you all and I can't wait to see you all in July!

First off, THank You NPC's, staff, Dan, Stacey and Kelly for a very busy weekend for this Dwarf! Had a blast with the fae plot and with the dwarf stuff going on.

I still cannot get over the feeling of Holy $&^#, we're gonna die at seeing the number of NPC's coming onto the field for the Saturday wave battle. That was truly awesome!

Getting a chance to run and create some mayhem with Cassif and team Vansir. Originally, there was so much going on at the time the mod got hooked that t looked like Cassif and I were going on a dwarven kamikaze mod. We couldn't find anyone available to go with us, and we needed to go, so just the two of us went. THankfully, Kelly was kind and hooked a few Vansir to go along. We get down to the mod site, trying to be stealthy..... Stealth from Dwarves and Vansir... What were we thinking!

The look on Amaranthus' face when I told him what we had accomplished and the really bad feeling I got when we felt the explosion in the Hollow.

The Dream mod. Evan's performance truly went into the realm of oration. Man, that was impressive.

The mod to freeport. Mike, Nicely done! I can't wait to see where that goes.

Really enjoying playing a celestial scholar, and feeling farily effective on mods.

Having a blast as a mace and board scholar. I seem to end up on the front line, or rear guard way too often now. Fun, but not the best idea for a Scholar!

Thanks all, had a wonderfully busy event, and felt very immersed in the story.

Mark

Its taken me a couple days to collect my thoughts on this event, but I certainly want to give a big thanks to all the deadlands folks who made it run. I haven't been able to attend a NH event for a while since I've been away at college, but coming back to this one has certainly hooked me to attend every NH event for the remainder of the year.

I really enjoyed pretty much all the wave battles I was involved with, the fight Friday night was fought very cleanly despite being very dark, and the fight with the glow sticks Saturday night was a really fun/cool mechanic! Of course having a near 1 to 1 NPC to PC ratio was really cool on Saturday afternoon! Even the last fight down the town path on Sunday, which usually I'm not that fond of since the path fights make it rough for rogue types was pretty fun, and felt just right scaling wise. Great costuming and great spirit from the NPC's in all these fights!

All the interactions I was able to have and/or witness with Paladin Norhelm, Justicar Southkin, Osiris and so many other big plot characters were really fun and really make the world come to life.

Of course finally getting to play with my team mates again after an almost 9 month hiatus was a very big highlight as well.

I was also supper excited with start to the Legion of the Vigilant and can't wait to see where that goes!

I'm not 100% sure what the 'overall' plot for the weekend was supposed to be, but it really felt like there were so many different things going on for various groups that I didn't feel like I was missing out at all. And Saturday evening sitting around in the tavern it honestly felt nice to have some self imposed down time since we had been doing so much stuff all weekend.

I know sometimes my character is a bit abrasive due to his racial stereotypes but I really do enjoy the RP of interacting with all the other PC's who are at a weekend.

And of course big thanks to the logistics folks and all the NPC's and others who make the event run!

Can't wait for the next event! :)

Awesome weekend. I have 2 things that really stand out to me though.

1) Personal plot is awesome. I encourage everyone to send in write-ups.

2) "You don't get fed my pie, Sean gets fed my pie! You get fed Jami's pie."

~Joe

(GO BRUINS!!!!)

First event back in 2 years, and its a mystic wood elf weekend! Leave it to me to play my barbarian oblivious until game starts. Good thing there was so much else to do! Ahem- in no particular order.

Late-o'clock on Saturday night, Jones and Charles are in the tavern learning from the "common folk". I am relaxing by the fire trying to keep warm while Charles is asking us what an adventure is like. Just then, a barbarian pantherghast kicks in the tavern door swinging 10 death. Reinhart and I kill it (no easy task, let me tell you). Charles proceeds to tell us how exciting that was, and if all adventures involve only 2 people.

Reinhart and myself are sitting in the tavern, when we "smell" a familiar presence. We go outside to find a white wolf shunning everyone but us. After finally killing it, Reinhart killing blows it, and turns into one! Shortly thereafter, he and I go on a 2 man mod and get some good intel from our friend Jon.

The glowstick wave battle! Such a cool mechanic, and well implemented. the sheer VOLUME of npcs was staggering.

The Vanguard/Tavern Dwarf mod! Our foolproof plan to ninja in past the guards was foiled, and we had to kill lots of The Horde Wall while the explosives were planted. The feeling of accomplishment when we made it through the portal, and the satisfaction after the explosion and discovery of what we'd done.

Thats it for now, but there were lots of good moments. Glad to be back and playing again!

Morai said:
2) "You don't get fed my pie, Sean gets fed my pie! You get fed Jami's pie."
Oh my god I forgot about this one! Overheard at Deadlands. It was really, really good pie.

"What do I see?"
"A stone elemental with glowing green eyes and a very snazzy hat"

The best part of the event, for me, was being among My People again. This was the first event of my season and I hadn't realised how much I'd been jonesing for game until I arrived Friday night. Hookah time, Sunday morning Disney sing-along; our NPCs rock. Special thanks to my plot partner George and constant roleplay buddy Sean.

Hope y'all are excited for July!

Back